Page 280 of 675 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 6748

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Next on the 1301 list is to get a Competition model and start R&D on a CROM for that (since the hole pattern is different than the Tactical version it requires a completely different mount). I've got some interesting ideas so I'm anxious to see how it plays out!
    It's everything I have to resist ordering a 21" Comp, on a daily basis. I see it as a GP shotgun, and I've been trending to those types of firearms lately while going all "minimalist" on my safe lately. Lack of RDS mounting solutions (good ones) is what's held me back to this point. An available CROM would do it for me.

Looking forward to watching this progress.

Sidebar question, for the general thread.... Is there a generally agreed upon best way to mount a white light on a Comp? The handguard is too thin to mount a pic rail, yes? Is it too crowded with the Blink gas system to use a reinforcement piece underneath to sandwich the handguard?

I think an Aimpoint S1 would work on the vent rib of a competition model. If you are looking for a red dot. The Streamlight 870 mount will work to mount a light. Some people think it might stick out too far though.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-S.../dp/B001G61K74
    Last edited by DamonL; 02-14-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    It's everything I have to resist ordering a 21" Comp, on a daily basis. I see it as a GP shotgun, and I've been trending to those types of firearms lately while going all "minimalist" on my safe lately. Lack of RDS mounting solutions (good ones) is what's held me back to this point. An available CROM would do it for me.

Looking forward to watching this progress.
    Here’s an option to mount an Aimpoint Micro on a 1301 Comp:

http://www.kearms.com/1301-comp-h1t1-mount

I haven’t bought it yet, though. I may well wait for the CROM.
    Last edited by Eurastus; 02-15-2019 at 01:32 AM.
    Hej på dej!

Best deal going now?

It's taken me quite a while to plow through all the content on this thread. Many thanks to those who have contributed with your experience and insights. I've been interested in the 1301 for a couple of years, and am finally ready to make the switch from the 870 and the SX2.

And of course, now that I'm ready to buy, all the reasonable price deals seem to be gone. Armsunlimited, which had them at $847 just recently, is sold out.

So, any recommendations for where to buy? Should I just get one of the Vipers, which are still on Gunbroker for $820 with free shipping? I know Vipers are first generation guns, but having adjustable chokes is not important to me.

Thanks for any recommendations,
    Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would not buy a 1301 until Beretta fixes the problem. They have been made aware of the problem, and frankly it is astounding to me that they would continue to ship a "defensive" shotgun with this defect.
    Is it safe to say that the shell dumping issue has been remedied with the Tactical Gen 2 bolt release change?

I sold off my M4 over the summer, and really want another semi-auto HD shotgun. Not interested in an inertia gun for the same reasons I originally chose the M4, which is I want to add weight (sling, T-2, white light, 4 shot side saddle). Is the 1301T G2 now as good as people thought it was in 2014, prior to the "fatal flaw" discovery?
    Last edited by StraitR; 02-19-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Is it safe to say that the shell dumping issue has been remedied with the Tactical Gen 2 bolt release change?

I sold off my M4 over the summer, and really want another semi-auto HD shotgun. Not interested in an inertia gun for the same reasons I originally chose the M4, which I want to add weight (sling, T-2, white light, 4 shot side saddle). Is the 1301T G2 now as good as people thought it was in 2014, prior to the "fatal flaw" discovery?
    Funny, I was coming in here to ask almost the same exact question.

Basically, is the Gen2 Tactical where it needs to be or not?

For me, the existence of the Aridus SGA adapter is the only reason I'm considering a semi-auto and specifically a 1301T. If the Gen2 isn't GTG, then I'll dig out one of the 870s and ride on.

I sold off my M4 over the summer, and really want another semi-auto HD shotgun. Not interested in an inertia gun for the same reasons I originally chose the M4, which is I want to add weight (sling, T-2, white light, 4 shot side saddle). Is the 1301T G2 now as good as people thought it was in 2014, prior to the "fatal flaw" discovery?

The dumping problem has been fixed with the Gen 2 bolt release. I have a hybrid that probably isn't available anymore- it's a Gen 1 with barrel that doesn't accept chokes but it has the Gen 2 release. No aftermarket dingus required. I celebrated my day off yesterday on President's Day by shooting 100 shells of Fiocchi 00 Buck reduced recoil. No problems whatsoever.

I'm still rather proud of myself for being the first person known to screw up the original 1301.
    My ability to screw up things that were previously thought unscrewuppable is now legend.
    Yup... I killed an entire generation of Beretta shotguns, no wonder I don't get a Christmas card from them.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    You, me and Wolfgang Pauli.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 02-20-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You, me and Wolfgang Pauli.
    That’s not even wrong.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List