Page 279 of 678 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    I just used the OEM spring.

The spring that came with the nordic kit seems a bit stiffer, but I ended up cutting it shorter than the oem and still couldn’t get 7 in there. How short are you guys cutting the mag tube springs on yours?
    Interesting...I don't really remember how short I cut my Nordic spring, but I think I just trimmed it until I had no problem fitting the full number of shells in the magazine. I've fired thousands of shells through the gun set up that way without any feeding problems.
    3/15/2016

Thanks to TCinVA I stopped being paranoid and clipped the nordic spring til I could get 7 in the tube, with a few milimeters to spare.

Managed to squeeze in 200 of that estate 00Buck I’ve been stashing, in about an 1h10mins. Indoor range allows it at 7 yards so I work on shouldering quickly and doubles and triples, etc..

One failure to eject at the 92nd shell, resulting in the spent hull locking the bolt back and wedging itself to the front of the ejection port.

A generous gob of dirty lube was seen in front of the shell rim. I tend over lube my stuff, maybe it contributed who knows. Will reduce lube around the bolt head area.

Used the push/pull technique and my shoulder feels fine. However, shouldering quickly with a loose hoodie on proved to be kinda inconsistent and my cheekweld wasn’t perfect at times.

A bruised jaw made the last box somewhat of a chore to shoot.

The bolt release still works gud, so I’m happy.

A ton of great information in this thread. Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to post and sort things out.

Does anyone know how the front sight base of the 1301 Tac is held on?

I called Beretta USA and they couldn't or wouldn't tell me.

Basically, I am setting one up as a dedicated breaching gun and when I had the barrel threaded for the stand off device, the barrel was set back to just behind the front sight. I would like to remove the front sight block and reinstall it behind the stand off so I have back up iron's on it, but I need to figure out how to remove it without damaging it in order to do so.

I appreciate any help on this.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Typically they are silver soldered on for most shotguns...but it's possible Beretta is doing something different on them.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Typically they are silver soldered on for most shotguns...but it's possible Beretta is doing something different on them.
    That is what I am assuming, but I would like to know for sure incase they are doing something super funky with it.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scimitar2 View Post
    A ton of great information in this thread. Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to post and sort things out.

Does anyone know how the front sight base of the 1301 Tac is held on?

I called Beretta USA and they couldn't or wouldn't tell me.

Basically, I am setting one up as a dedicated breaching gun and when I had the barrel threaded for the stand off device, the barrel was set back to just behind the front sight. I would like to remove the front sight block and reinstall it behind the stand off so I have back up iron's on it, but I need to figure out how to remove it without damaging it in order to do so.

I appreciate any help on this.
    Who did you speak with exactly please?

They are silver soldered.

Royal has done a few that way iirc. I know vang comp can do that too.
    Last edited by e_stern; 01-31-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Who did you speak with exactly please?

They are silver soldered.

Royal has done a few that way iirc. I know vang comp can do that too.
    I'm not sure who it was. Whichever customer service rep it was that answered the phone when I called last month. I torched it off a few days ago and will be silver soldering it back on before sending it out to Ceracoat. Thank you for the response though, I appreciate it.

Hey ladies and gentlemen, it's about 8 months later than I hoped it would be, but the RMR mounts are finally available!

Next on the 1301 list is to get a Competition model and start R&D on a CROM for that (since the hole pattern is different than the Tactical version it requires a completely different mount). I've got some interesting ideas so I'm anxious to see how it plays out!

(Aridus Industries)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

OD Green 1301 Cerakote color code?

Does anybody know which Cerakote green matches the OD Green 1301?

OD Green (H-236)?
    Mil Spec OD Green (H240)?
    Mil Spec Green (H264)?
    One of the other dozen greens?

Thanks for any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Next on the 1301 list is to get a Competition model and start R&D on a CROM for that (since the hole pattern is different than the Tactical version it requires a completely different mount). I've got some interesting ideas so I'm anxious to see how it plays out!
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    YES! Comp models need some lovin' too.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List