Page 273 of 680 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

New guy here, but I've been lurking for awhile...

I've got a 1301T that I'll be using for bear guard duty here in Alaska...my eyes have finally gotten to the point where I'm starting to struggle with iron sights a little bit so I want to throw an Aimpoint Micro T2 or MRO on it.

It looks like the Aridus CROM is the goto mount for what I want to do, as I want some kind of BUIS to the optic. Before I drop the coin on the CROM and T2, are there any other mount/optic combinations that I should consider? I was considering maybe a LaRue QD shotgun mount and retaining the stock ghost ring...I'm guessing I'll lose any co-witness with the iron sights but I don't really know and haven't seen any discussion on that setup for the 1301.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ibcguy

I really don't think there is another good option. The ability to cowitness made me more comfortable with going with a $200 Chinese optic. But, if I was facing Alaskan bears on a regular basis, a T2 or H2 would probably be my choice.

I don't think the MRO will work with this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibcguy View Post

I've got a 1301T that I'll be using for bear guard duty here in Alaska...my eyes have finally gotten to the point where I'm starting to struggle with iron sights a little bit so I want to throw an Aimpoint Micro T2 or MRO on it.

It looks like the Aridus CROM is the goto mount for what I want to do, as I want some kind of BUIS to the optic. Before I drop the coin on the CROM and T2, are there any other mount/optic combinations that I should consider? I was considering maybe a LaRue QD shotgun mount and retaining the stock ghost ring...I'm guessing I'll lose any co-witness with the iron sights but I don't really know and haven't seen any discussion on that setup for the 1301.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ibcguy
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibcguy View Post

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ibcguy
    The CROM is the only mount which will co-witness and it only fits sights using the Aimpoint Mircro footprint - the non AP options include SIG Romeo 4/5, Holosun and Primary Arms MRDS. An RMR version of the CROM. is in development.

Anything you mount on a 1913 rail will be high enough that the co-witness is lost and you will need a cheek riser like the Mesa stock or the Magpul SGA with a riser.

For serious use I agree with Cluster frack Aimpoint is the way to go. Unless you plan to use it in conjunction with night vision I would suggest the slightly cheaper H2. (The only difference between them is the H2’s night vision settings and the coating to enable those settings.)
    Last edited by HCM; 11-23-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. Any Black Friday deals or vendors to check out for the Aimpoints? I haven't seen any significant price reductions yet...

The CROM and the Primary Arms red dot came in the mail today. I quickly got them mounted. They look great and I’m stoked to go sight it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I love my 1301s but, when Beretta?

To e-stern and the Beretta Crew,

Of all the gun makers on this planet, who would I pick to make a reliable Tactical Box magazine Feed Shotgun. How about the company who has been making shotguns for about 5 centuries. So what is taking you so long to fix this need? I have 2 1301s, I love them and have recommended them to all my Brothers In Arms, but we all long for Beretta to step in fix the problem of the box magazine feed shotgun. I can dual load, and quad load but I would love to 5 and 10 load in about the same time. Please pay attention to the new political climate in DC as of next January, meaning I would not wait to long.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Samples of one will only ever be samples of one...but the point of the exercise is to see if a good one will actually hold up.

It's also going to be mounted in a Haught-mod CROM, meaning that unless the glass spontaneously shatters I have backup iron sights that are actually a little better than the factory ghost ring sent on the gun. That's why I'm giving the optic a try on the 1301 instead of something like an AR. There's really no penalty if the electronics in the thing shit the bed.

I encourage people to buy quality gear for their life saving tools, too and I have no plans to change that...but pricepoint is always going to be a factor in how people make purchasing decisions.
    Agree with Tim on the co-witness. Plus the CROM mounts the RDS so low -- I can't help think that helps.

I purchased a PA and installed on my 1301 in a CROM. I'm getting older and the ghost ring sights harder and harder to see and wanted to try a RDS on a shotgun and didn't want to invest in an AP until I was sure I liked the setup. I couldn't be happier both with the PA, the CROM and an RDS on a shotgun in general. Shooting a shotgun with an RDS is like cheating and the 1301 with an RDS IS cheating! I've since moved the PA to my 870 (in a CROM as well) and installed an AP H2 on my 1301.

I have about 500 rds thru the 1301 and 870 with the PA and it's held up with no problems including a Steve Fisher class with a good amount of buckshot. I'm not saying the PA is the same quality as the AP, but to try the concept or use on a shotgun that won't see as much use, I think it's a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by rbiedermann View Post
    Agree with Tim on the co-witness. Plus the CROM mounts the RDS so low -- I can't help think that helps.

I purchased a PA and installed on my 1301 in a CROM. I'm getting older and the ghost ring sights harder and harder to see and wanted to try a RDS on a shotgun and didn't want to invest in an AP until I was sure I liked the setup. I couldn't be happier both with the PA, the CROM and an RDS on a shotgun in general. Shooting a shotgun with an RDS is like cheating and the 1301 with an RDS IS cheating! I've since moved the PA to my 870 (in a CROM as well) and installed an AP H2 on my 1301.

I have about 500 rds thru the 1301 and 870 with the PA and it's held up with no problems including a Steve Fisher class with a good amount of buckshot. I'm not saying the PA is the same quality as the AP, but to try the concept or use on a shotgun that won't see as much use, I think it's a great option.
    Agreed 100% as I started w/ a spare T1 on a VCS 870 in Han's rail mount w/ GRs in 2014 @ my 1st HIT's SG soiree.

In 2017 I added a CROM to my game/class 1301T (already had an R1) & when I picked up a 2nd 1301T last yr. it got the T1 from the 870 mounted onto a CROM.

The VCS 870 is now FS & the two 1301T's have north of 2K rds. of buck, slug & bird between them w/ zero issues & I also resemble a cat w/ old tired eyes.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 11-28-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Sorry to get off topic but this is about the only place I trust for a good answer. I owned one of these years ago and it really seemed to kick the crap out of me, worse than an 870P I owned. So I’ve decided to give it another shot, picked one up today. My question is, do any of you tinker with the cast or drop? I’ve heard it suggested that adjusting these could alleviate the rough recoil I was experiencing before.

User Tag List