Page 272 of 678 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I get enough questions about this that I've got a CROM and a Primary Arms red dot coming to test on my own gun.

My gun usually ends up being a loaner in practically every class. It's going to see at least a thousand shells in 2019 just in classes, all of them being heavier loads like buckshot and slugs.

Shotguns beat the shit out of everything attached to them. If it can survive a year with me it'll be a pretty good indication that the optic is a pretty good value option.

I should note that a couple of folks who have been through my classes have put PA dots on their guns with a CROM and have reported ~ 1,000 shells through the setup so far with no problems...so I'm optimistic.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 11-18-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    3/15/2016

This has probably sumewhere been covered earlier, but what less expensive RDSes will fit the CROM? I have a SIG Romeo5 on the way for my CZ Scorpion, and if that works out there I would definitely consider one for my 1301T.

(Edit) I’ve seen it claimed in a few online postings that Romeo5 is the same pattern as a T1?
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 11-18-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This has probably sumewhere been covered earlier, but what less expensive RDSes will fit the CROM? I have a SIG Romeo5 on the way for my CZ Scorpion, and if that works out there I would definitely consider one for my 1301T.

(Edit) I’ve seen it claimed in a few online postings that Romeo5 is the same pattern as a T1?
    The SIG Romeo 4 and 5 series, the Holosun and Primary Arms RDS all fit / have the same screw hole pattern as the Aimpoint micros. I have mounted Romeo optics on both Aimpoint LRP mounts and DD micro mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The SIG Romeo 4 and 5 series, the Holosun and Primary Arms RDS all fit / have the same screw hole pattern as the Aimpoint micros. I have mounted Romeo optics on both Aimpoint LRP mounts and DD micro mounts.
    Perfect - thank you! A Romeo5 might make a good placeholder for an eventual T-1.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My understanding is that Holosun manufactures the Sig optics.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Perfect - thank you! A Romeo5 might make a good placeholder for an eventual T-1.
    I’ve only run the 5 on .22 lr and 556 but it’s a great value for the $. I’d be shock d if they aren’t made in the same factory as Holosun and PA.

Let us know how it holds up.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-18-2018 at 06:11 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I get enough questions about this that I've got a CROM and a Primary Arms red dot coming to test on my own gun.

My gun usually ends up being a loaner in practically every class. It's going to see at least a thousand shells in 2019 just in classes, all of them being heavier loads like buckshot and slugs.

Shotguns beat the shit out of everything attached to them. If it can survive a year with me it'll be a pretty good indication that the optic is a pretty good value option.

I should note that a couple of folks who have been through my classes have put PA dots on their guns with a CROM and have reported ~ 1,000 shells through the setup so far with no problems...so I'm optimistic.
    I'm not going to go dig it up right now, but I have read at least one public disclaimer from PA about their red dots saying essentially that they are fine for training, gaming, hunting, etc., but for missions when your life may depend on it, they recommend the higher-grade products from other manufacturers (which they will be happy to sell you).

In my personal experience, the problem of low quality often shows up in sample-to-sample variation. Ten widgets may be great, but the eleventh widget will be a POS. The art, the science and the challenge is not in making 10,000 good ones, but in making zero bad ones.

So if one goes 1000 rounds, it doesn't mean the one I get will do that. (Life experience suggests I will get the one that is all jacked up, but that's another story.)
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 11-18-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    In my personal experience, the problem of low quality often shows up in sample-to-sample variation. Ten widgets may be great, but the eleventh widget will be a POS. The art, the science and the challenge is not in making 10,000 good ones, but in making zero bad ones.

So if one goes 1000 rounds, it doesn't mean the one I get will do that. (Life experience suggest I will get the one that is all jacked up, but that's another story.)
    Samples of one will only ever be samples of one...but the point of the exercise is to see if a good one will actually hold up.

It's also going to be mounted in a Haught-mod CROM, meaning that unless the glass spontaneously shatters I have backup iron sights that are actually a little better than the factory ghost ring sent on the gun. That's why I'm giving the optic a try on the 1301 instead of something like an AR. There's really no penalty if the electronics in the thing shit the bed.

I encourage people to buy quality gear for their life saving tools, too and I have no plans to change that...but pricepoint is always going to be a factor in how people make purchasing decisions.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

I have PA micro red dots in CROMs mounted on an 870 and a 1301. Between the two of them I’ve now gone through about 1000 rounds of buck. I just reconfirmed slug 25 yard zeros on both last weekend, with no noticeable loss of zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm not going to go dig it up right now, but I have read at least one public disclaimer from PA about their red dots saying essentially that they are fine for training, gaming, hunting, etc., but for missions when your life may depend on it, they recommend the higher-grade products from other manufacturers (which they will be happy to sell you).

So if one goes 1000 rounds, it doesn't mean the one I get will do that. (Life experience suggests I will get the one that is all jacked up, but that's another story.)
    I rarely do anything that is close to cutting corners.. I have run Aimpoint, Trijicon, Larue, Geiselle (sp?), Noveske, Surefire.. etc.. and I will say that I run a PA optic on my 308.. the quality of my Trijicon is better.. but the PA is good.. have been over 300 yards with it.. fair amount of ammo.. nothing jumping out as concerning yet..

User Tag List