Page 270 of 678 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 6772

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Beretta 1301 Tactical

I got the one piece steel CH in black. Because polished stainless will get you killed in the streetz.

BTW, my Gen2 1301 is on its way back from Beretta with a new fitted lifter and bolt release.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-02-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Thanks for the pic - I am going to use the sling mount on the barrel clamp for now and maybe just reserve the space up at the front of handguard for light mount only - if there's another Griffin low profile mount in the future available I may swap it out then
    Did you see a while back where I discovered that a Magpul MSA MOE Sling Attachment Point would attach to my Nordic clamp with no modifications? It may be interesting to you, and still works great for me. I like, and am invested in slings with clips.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post733900

Update on my problem with the lifter binding the bolt release lever or whatever it's called:

I ended up lubing the pin for the bolt release lever and where the lifter contacts the trigger group. I never did remove the bolt release lever because I didn't want to mess with reassembling the bolt release pin and spring inside of the receiver. The plastic tab on the end of my release lever is stuck on there pretty good, unlike @paulw 's that fell off, and I decided it was best to leave it alone.

Two weekends ago I put 70 shells of Fiocchi reduced recoil 00 Buck (12LE00BK) through it. In the early going that day I had three hangups after emptying the mag tube but not while loading the chamber.

I dry cycled some dummy shells a bunch of times last week without any lockups. It used to do it every mag tube or so.

Today I put 70 shells of the same reduced recoil 00 Buck without any hangups at all. Hopefully my gun has "broken in" and this problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Parf View Post
    Did you see a while back where I discovered that a Magpul MSA MOE Sling Attachment Point would attach to my Nordic clamp with no modifications? It may be interesting to you, and still works great for me. I like, and am invested in slings with clips.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post733900
    Wow this is exactly what I'm looking for - thanks for reminding me! Looks like it works perfect! It will stay out of the way of an offset light mount if I add one on the handguard down the line, too.

I am very invested in slings using QD's on my carbines, however, I also have a Mossberg 590 which I was going to put the Magpul barrel clamp on, and it also has a Paraclip on the end -

So what I'll do is just take the "base" MS1, add a QD on one end for the stock, and then use the Paraclip on the other end, for a dedicated 2-point (I know Magpul sells the MS3 which is convertible but I don't use 1 point on shotguns, and rarely on carbines) This way I can get rid of the extra pieces on the barrel clamp, and I'll have a sling that I can interchange with 2 weapons depending on which one I'm using or training with for the day -

Hammertime
    Patterned the 1301T with 13200 Fed Flitecontrol

I am impressed it stayed A zone at 25 yards.

Searched the thread and didn't find a specific answer, what type of slugs are most of you using in the 1301? Any brand showing noticbly better groups than others? My use is mostly poking holes in deer inside of 100 yards, so slug design/weight/speed are not all that important in the grand scheme.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Tom, I have had very good results with the Brenneke Home Defense slugs in my Gen 1 1301T.

Hope thta helps.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Searched the thread and didn't find a specific answer, what type of slugs are most of you using in the 1301? Any brand showing noticbly better groups than others? My use is mostly poking holes in deer inside of 100 yards, so slug design/weight/speed are not all that important in the grand scheme.
    I've found that the Federal Tru-Ball low recoil LE slugs shoot to the exact same point of aim as the Federal Flight Control buckshot that I use. I haven't killed anything with them but they seem to group very consistently and shoot to point of aim in every gun I've tried with them so far ranging from my 1301s to a Winchester 1300 Defender.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I generally use the Federal Vital Shok Tru-Ball for demos. It's the most accurate in the guns I've been using.

I sometimes use the Federal LE Reduced Recoil Tru-Ball too, but I prefer the hunting loads for distance. At SHOT I was using the VitalShok at 100 yards with an Aimpoint equipped 1301 and hitting the plate pretty consistently for reference.
    Last edited by e_stern; 11-07-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

I shoot Brenneke Classic magnum 2.75 and the Winchester Foster slugs, that I use for practice, hit very close to the Brennekes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List