Page 269 of 680 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    How hard are these on optics? Also, whats different between the Tactical and the Comp, besides iron sights and barrel?
    As far as the optic goes, a new Gen 1 RMR lasted about 100 rounds before it crapped out. So, I'd say average, because Gen 1 RMRs just do that.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Beretta 1301 Update

Got the barrel back from being threaded..

​​​​​​​Magpul Stock
    Aridus Stock Adapter
    Mesa Shell Holder
    Magpul Sling
    Surefire Pressure Switch
    Nordic Extension
    Magpul Sling Mounts
    Homemade Light Mount
    Surefire Scout Light
    Barrel threaded by Rose Action Sports
    Briley Chokes
    blitzkrieg Front Sight (working on building a fiber optic option)
    Opened loading port

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Also, whats different between the Tactical and the Comp, besides iron sights and barrel?
    Comp has a longer receiver, so it's easier to load.

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post

Beretta 1301 Update

Got the barrel back from being threaded..

​​​​​​​Magpul Stock
    Aridus Stock Adapter
    Mesa Shell Holder
    Magpul Sling
    Surefire Pressure Switch
    Nordic Extension
    Magpul Sling Mounts
    Homemade Light Mount
    Surefire Scout Light
    Barrel threaded by Rose Action Sports
    Briley Chokes
    blitzkrieg Front Sight (working on building a fiber optic option)
    Opened loading port
    That light mount is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    That light mount is sweet!
    TY I made it like 3 times without the remote switch.. but it was too large.. going much smaller and using the tape switch mounted right to the factory forend was the best solution IMO.. I did try the Magpul forend... the kit was made really well.. the machining on the parts was great.. but I just wasn't sold on it.. and I really like the feel of the factory unit a lot..

Looks absolutely amazing! I am also doing an MS1, I have the QD cup on the SGA, I just havent figured out my light mount and front sling mount yet - am debating the standard M-Lok QD on the Zhukov handguard, and using a light mount at the rail section of the Nordic barrel clamp (I have the +2) - Still trying to figure it out, I don't have the longest arms so its almost better to have the sling mount further forward and have the light back, and offset, something for my thumb to actuate at the back easy)

Just looked at your pics again, the Paraclip QD mount at the front looks great, I'll keep that in mind as well - Chevron sight looks great too! That and the Briley charging handle are on my "to-do's" with my 1301T -
    Last edited by ricky_bobby; 11-01-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Zhukov and SGA users (front sling mount - deleting barrel clamp on Nordic?)

So I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my Magpul MS1 sling on my 1301T. The Griffin low profile QD mount is no longer available so the one that Aridus uses is out of the question, for the immediate future.

I have the Nordic +2 with the barrel clamp currently installed, Aridus Zhukov handguard package, Magpul SGA stock with the QD cup on the side of the stock installed.

I was going to use a QD or the newer fancy QDM on the rear point of the sling, on the Nordic barrel clamp, I haven't committed fully to where I want to mount a light yet, although I'm thinking for simplicity to remove the barrel clamp completely. With my support arm fully extended I just can reach the end of the handguard, with my thumb its basically in the farthest forward M-Lok slot.

-Does the barrel clamp add any positives besides mounting surfaces (rail and QD cup up front)? Its an extra few screws to take off each time I want to take down and clean the weapon, I mean it looks cool, and if I was a bigger guy it probably would be more useful.

I was thinking about a Paraclip M-Lok mount on the handguard, or the QD Paraclip adapter on the existing barrel clamp cup, if I left it on, or just put the M-Lok QD mount on the front of the handguard (too many choices). If I decide to add a Light Mount I was looking at doing the Magpul M-Lok Offset mount to bring it to the 11:00/1:00 position. And this way if I decide to delete the barrel clamp, there is technically 2 full slots and a half slot up at the front of the handguard, so I think I could get both on there and not make it "too busy" But I think I would need to do the offset mount so that it doesnt block the front sling mount.

Thoughts? Then I can delete the barrel clamp if its not adding anything I need, and its a simple unscrew the mag extension cap for takedown/cleaning/maintenance.

Using Aridus excellent reference picture:

I am thinking to either swap where the light mount is (to the middle, and place a QD mount in the forward most slot), or put the sling mount on the back most "half slot" and use the other half of the middle slot, so there is a small space between the light mount and the QD.

Sorry for the rambling, just thinking out loud. The idea to get rid of the barrel clamp came to me when I ordered my charging handle, realized I'd have to takedown the barrel clamp with its 4 allen screws to change it out, as opposed to just unscrewing the magazine cap and pulling off the barrel. I have an M-Lok QD mount here I should probably test the positions on my handguard and see which feels naturally, or I'll just leave the clamp on and use the mount on the barrel clamp and save myself a lot of back and forth.

Offset Light Mount for reference:

Name:  MAG605.1.jpg
Views: 2000
Size:  25.5 KB

QD Mount for handguard (would only leave half a slot open, but would leave space for hand because Offset light mount brings light up a bit, out of way) - shown with Offset light mount

Last edited by ricky_bobby; 11-01-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    So I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my Magpul MS1 sling on my 1301T. The Griffin low profile QD mount is no longer available so the one that Aridus uses is out of the question, for the immediate future.

I have the Nordic +2 with the barrel clamp currently installed, Aridus Zhukov handguard package, Magpul SGA stock with the QD cup on the side of the stock installed.

I was going to use a QD or the newer fancy QDM on the rear point of the sling, on the Nordic barrel clamp, I haven't committed fully to where I want to mount a light yet, although I'm thinking for simplicity to remove the barrel clamp completely. With my support arm fully extended I just can reach the end of the handguard, with my thumb its basically in the farthest forward M-Lok slot.

-Does the barrel clamp add any positives besides mounting surfaces (rail and QD cup up front)? Its an extra few screws to take off each time I want to take down and clean the weapon, I mean it looks cool, and if I was a bigger guy it probably would be more useful.

I was thinking about a Paraclip M-Lok mount on the handguard, or the QD Paraclip adapter on the existing barrel clamp cup, if I left it on, or just put the M-Lok QD mount on the front of the handguard (too many choices). If I decide to add a Light Mount I was looking at doing the Magpul M-Lok Offset mount to bring it to the 11:00/1:00 position. And this way if I decide to delete the barrel clamp, there is technically 2 full slots and a half slot up at the front of the handguard, so I think I could get both on there and not make it "too busy" But I think I would need to do the offset mount so that it doesnt block the front sling mount.

Thoughts? Then I can delete the barrel clamp if its not adding anything I need, and its a simple unscrew the mag extension cap for takedown/cleaning/maintenance.

I am thinking to either swap where the light mount is (to the middle, and place a QD mount in the forward most slot), or put the sling mount on the back most "half slot" and use the other half of the middle slot, so there is a small space between the light mount and the QD.

Sorry for the rambling, just thinking out loud. The idea to get rid of the barrel clamp came to me when I ordered my charging handle, realized I'd have to takedown the barrel clamp with its 4 allen screws to change it out, as opposed to just unscrewing the magazine cap and pulling off the barrel. I have an M-Lok QD mount here I should probably test the positions on my handguard and see which feels naturally, or I'll just leave the clamp on and use the mount on the barrel clamp and save myself a lot of back and forth.

QD Mount for handguard (would only leave half a slot open, but would leave space for hand because Offset light mount brings light up a bit, out of way) - shown with Offset light mount

Looks good! I mount my light in the same location on my M4 SBS. That said, if you don't remove your thumb from the activation button, it will get jostled. Not hurt or anything, and you won't notice it even with the stress of just running a drill, but it's not optimal to leave it hanging out on the tail switch.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post

I had that handgaurd for a bit and this is what I did..

that mount is supposed to go inside a QD mount.. but I shaved the back flat.. and used a normal M-Lok connector.. it took some fitting but it was OK.. my only concern is that handgaurd flexed a lot when pushed really hard.. so I am not sure it would stand up.. that was one of the reasons I went back to the factory piece.. I didn't feel like I was accomplishing anything I couldn't accomplish with the factory unit.. and the OEM piece was more rigid..

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 1.21.13 AM.jpg
Views: 1856
Size:  28.3 KB
    Last edited by vladtepes; 11-02-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks for the pic - I am going to use the sling mount on the barrel clamp for now and maybe just reserve the space up at the front of handguard for light mount only - if there's another Griffin low profile mount in the future available I may swap it out then -

For those guys who upgraded to the Briley charging handles - did y'all go with the one piece stainless steel thats either unfinished or black oxide coated, or the 2 piece/aluminum one?

User Tag List