Page 263 of 680 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

@e_stern, PM inbound.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've been following this thread since inception, but I do not recall if anyone has commented on whether the 1301 will reliably cycle Federal's low recoil buckshot loads. Anyone care to comment on that, please?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    I've been following this thread since inception, but I do not recall if anyone has commented on whether the 1301 will reliably cycle Federal's low recoil buckshot loads. Anyone care to comment on that, please?
    I've fired about 500 rounds of Federal low recoil buckshot and slugs through my two Beretta 1301 shotguns and so far I've yet to experience a problem. I've seen a few thousand rounds of FFC low recoil buckshot used through 1301's in class and so far I've not seen any of them have an issue with that load.

If it's the first thing you fire from a brand new gun the springs might be a little stiff and the reliability might be marginal. Fire 25-50 rounds of some of the more potent birdshot (I tend to use #4 or #6 Winchester loads at ~ 1,300 fps for practice/break-in) and then it should be fine with Federal's low recoil stuff...but I've never personally encountered a specimen of 1301 that required break-in before it ran reliably.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 10-03-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    3/15/2016

Prior to the 1301 + Aridus I legit hated shooting shotguns. The method seemed slow and outdated compared to a rifle. I couldn’t see myself grabbing a pump gun for anything on patrol or at home. (Don’t jump on me, shotguns left before I even started my career in LE)

Since getting the 1301 my outlook on the shotgun has definitely changed. I had to take my RMR off of it until the CROM comes out because I need to qual with it on duty with the irons AND the optic if using one. In 3 weeks I’m taking my PD’s shotgun user class. I’ll probably be the only one not running a pump gun since half are taking it for the LL perspective. So I brought my shotgun to the range yesterday to zero the irons. I moved it a whole two clicks left for me and had the following 10 round group at 25yds on an 8” paster with Fiocchi Low Recoil Slugs. Needless to say I’m super impressed with this shotgun the more I use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    No problems with low recoil Fed LE buck and slugs in my 1301. They worked well out of the box.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    In 3 weeks I’m taking my PD’s shotgun user class. I’ll probably be the only one not running a pump gun since half are taking it for the LL perspective.
    Could you run the 1301 with a LL load, or would it be insufficient to cycle the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Could you run the 1301 with a LL load, or would it be insufficient to cycle the gun?
    That's the next thing I'm going to try... a buddy gave me a handful of bean bag rounds- I'm really curious to see.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Yeah honestly I'm not sure if it would or not. Only Sgts. get LL shotguns for us so I won't find out.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    Only Sgts. get LL shotguns for us so I won't find out.
    I’ve always thought that’s an ignorant policy. Or one where only SWAT guys have them.

#sorryforthreadderail
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Out of the box it most likely will not cycle.

With some use and/or work it probably would if the LL is heavy enough. It's still marginal for reliable function, but with the large charging handle, you can run it like an AK and cycle it pretty quickly IMHO.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List