Page 262 of 680 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Okay, you guys just sold another 1301 Tactical. Thanks in large part to this thread, I just purchased a 1301 T in FDE (I originally wanted black but they had only FDE and the Marine model.). I've only shot 200 rounds through it but it has worked with everything from very light loads to Brenneke magnum slugs. I perceive the recoil to be less than an 870. I have ordered a Nordic mag extension and will have it cerakoted to match when it arrives (I'm actually digging the FDE now). I'm thinking about an Aimpoint and side saddle as well. Mounting a light seems more of a challenge. I'm not sure I want it way out there on the Nordic barrel clamp (if I use it). I've got a Streamlight 870 mount lying around but not sure I like that either. I'm okay with the factory stock so I will not invest the money to adapt the Magpul furniture to the gun.

There is a good chance this purchase will be responsible for the departure of an 870 or two from the safe. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, I love the gun.

So I tried the Magpul forend and it was really well made.. but just not for me.. so I will be selling it.. I still have not found the perfect solution for a light mount.. at this point I am thinking I will just use the factory forend.. not really many options when it comes to this gun.. which sucks because the gun is amazing.. .

1301 update:

Zeroed with slugs at 25 yds, and confirmed at 40. With the Holosun green dot optic it was easy to hit 12x24” steel at 175 yds with a 12” holdover.

Here are patterns with 00 Fed Flight Control buckshot at 20 and 30’yds.

Malfunction: the edge of the lifter can get stuck under the bolt release (when locked back) making it impossible to release. I am going to investigate if removing a small amount of metal at the side of the lifter can prevent this. It’s a bad malfunction because the gun is inoperable until you pry the lifter off the bolt release.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    1301 update:

Malfunction: the edge of the lifter can get stuck under the bolt release (when locked back) making it impossible to release. I am going to investigate if removing a small amount of metal at the side of the lifter can prevent this. It’s a bad malfunction because the gun is inoperable until you pry the lifter off the bolt release.

Can you get a picture before you start filing?
    I can't seem you get mine to duplicate the problem - the bolt release blocks the lifter when the bolt is locked back.

1301 update:

Cluster before you start trimming anything why not reach out to Eric Stern w/ Beretta that’s posted in this thread for his input?

Beretta 1301 Tactical

@e_stern, do you have any thoughts?

You can see the scratches on the last photo

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-30-2018 at 08:22 PM.

With annotated images:

Normal. Note alignment of lifter:

Malfunction. Lifter has rotated down, and edge is stuck behind bolt release:

Site Supporter
    Thanks CF, now I see the problem.
    Did you push the lifter back down thru the execution port to clear the malfunction?
    I have a 2 day class coming up....hopefully won't experience this one.

@paulw, it was necessary to pull down at the tip of the lifter first, then push it off the bolt release.

Site Supporter
    Odd... I've not seen that before. Seems as if the lifter is slightly catawampus. Ping me directly with SN on the affected gun before filing on anything please.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List