Page 256 of 679 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 6789

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Sourcing one seems to be the hardest part at this point. That being said, in CT especially with the political climate a shotgun seems less “evil” than the 3D printed assault weapon that is going to be in the airports,trains and movie theaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Sourcing one seems to be the hardest part at this point. That being said, in CT especially with the political climate a shotgun seems less “evil” than the 3D printed assault weapon that is going to be in the airports,trains and movie theaters.

Tell your political climate to screw itself, buy what you want - and I hope you have downloaded all the files, its the rebellious, liberty-loving thing to do.

Arms Unlimited is out of stock now, you can wait until they come back in, and pay $847 delivered- iAmmo has the best deal now in stock - man at the price I paid before Shot, I should have bought two...

https://www.iammo.com/beretta-1301-1...l-j131t18.html
    Last edited by ricky_bobby; 08-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Tell your political climate to screw itself, buy what you want - and I hope you have downloaded all the files, its the rebellious, liberty-loving thing to do.
    Somewhat tongue in cheek, but truth be told the SG is something I’ve always been curious about but never had somewhere to learn about them. Fortunately this is changing!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Everyone needs a pump, its reliable and easy to use
    I don't find that ease of use to be the case at all. A lot of smaller people have trouble running the pump. A lot of people, when trying to shoot several shots fast, end up short-stroking the gun. Unconventional shooting positions can get interesting with the need to pump the front stock back and forth.

That's not to say that one can't learn to run a pump gun very well, or that buying a pump action shotgun is necessarily a bad idea (one of those is on my shopping list). It's just that it seems like it takes more training than using a semi-automatic gun.
    Last edited by That Guy; 08-04-2018 at 06:37 AM. Reason: fixed quote

As a civilian who’s run an 870 in a couple classes, I’m not sure I’d agree that a pump is more reliable or easier to use than a high quality semi, like a Benelli or Beretta with good quality loads.

IMO, the best reasons to buy a pump nowadays is cost and versatility. The fact that you can turn your HD shotgun into a hunting or clays gun with a simple barrel swap suits a lot of people. Versatility also comes into play, I suppose, for mil/LE who might use loads that don’t apply to my context.

YMMV,
    David S.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    As a civilian who’s run an 870 in a couple classes, I’m not sure I’d agree that a pump is more reliable or easier to use than a high quality semi, like a Benelli or Beretta with good quality loads.

IMO, the best reasons to buy a pump nowadays is cost and versatility. The fact that you can turn your HD shotgun into a hunting or clays gun with a simple barrel swap suits a lot of people. Versatility also comes into play, I suppose, for mil/LE who might use loads that don’t apply to my context.

YMMV,
    David S.
    This is in a sense where I’m at in my thinking. I’ve got access to a new range (300 yards from our front door) that has a Sg patterning area in it. I’ll be able to try new loads pretty easily and patten them as well. I don’t mind spending the $ on a 1301 if it’s a quality choice in the price bracket. Seems like adding an extension and light Mount id be set unless I wanted to change the LOP.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I don't find that ease of use to be the case at all. A lot of smaller people have trouble running the pump. A lot of people, when trying to shoot several shots fast, end up short-stroking the gun. Unconventional shooting positions can get interesting with the need to pump the front stock back and forth.

That's not to say that one can't learn to run a pump gun very well, or that buying a pump action shotgun is necessarily a bad idea (one of those is on my shopping list). It's just that it seems like it takes more training than using a semi-automatic gun.
    Your points are well taken, however from my personal thoughts -

Smaller people (and most people in general) - a 14" LOP as found on most factory pumps is not conducive to a more squared up firing position which is coming to be the norm for people when training to shoot at targets and moving the gun from side to side (TwangnBang has a great video showing this) - many guys I know running pumps who may even be over 6' tall end up switching out their stocks for a 13" or 12" LOP - Magpul's stock goes down to 12.5" or so, Hogue makes a 12" LOP, etc - it doesn't sound like much but the 1.5-2" reduction makes a huge difference in arm reach of the pump, I'm 5'7" and for me personally I could never run a pump effectively with the factory 14" LOP, I agree it would induce a lot of short shucking it on drills for most people, out of the box as equipped. Semiauto's do not have this problem as much as you are only using your support hand to rest.

Running a pump well is definitely a skill worth investing time into, I believe everyone should have a good, reliable example of each, if not multiples. I love my 1301T but my Mossberg pumps hold a special place in my heart, similar to driving a stick, the manual action is just underappreciated by most.

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Thanks to a FFL buddy, I snagged a new model 1301 for a very good price. And thanks to this thread, I already had all the Aridus mods waiting. I'll get a chance to put some shells through it tomorrow, and will report then. Meanwhile, a few notes about the gun and the install.

Removal of the OEM stock, Pic rail, and rear sight was a breeze thanks to them all being shipped very loose. The rail and sight could be wiggled by hand. Blue thread locker was visible on the threads, but whoever did the assembly seriously needed a cappuccino.

There is a plastic shim called a "drop and cast spacer" in between the OEM stock and the receiver. This is probably something that shotgun people care about. I threw it away and installed the Aridus Magpul stock adaptor directly against the receiver. The OEM stock has 13" LOP, and the Magpul has 12". I vastly prefer the Magpul.

So far, I like the OEM fore-end better than the Zhukov, except for the M-Lok slots. I'll have to experiment, but I may drill mounting holes in the OEM fore-end.

I am using a Holosun 503 GU green circle dot optic. The front lens housing is slightly too long to allow access to the front mounting bolt on the CROM. So, I had to grind out a small semicircle on the optic (see image below).

Wow, the gun handles great! I love the balance.

Next, the trigger group will go off to Briley to make the gun 922r compliant, and I'll install the Nordic 2-round extension.

Before:

After:

Mod to optic:
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-07-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Beretta 1301 Tactical

So... I’m totally not a shotgun guy. I have an SLP I that I ran pretty well when I was into 3 Gun. But, the controls on this 1301 are a bit different. I read the manual and watched some videos, and am still confused about the use of the 3 different bolt, shell, and lifter release buttons. Anyone got a quick summary or a good link?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-07-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    This is in a sense where I’m at in my thinking. I’ve got access to a new range (300 yards from our front door) that has a Sg patterning area in it. I’ll be able to try new loads pretty easily and patten them as well. I don’t mind spending the $ on a 1301 if it’s a quality choice in the price bracket. Seems like adding an extension and light Mount id be set unless I wanted to change the LOP.

Name:  1301love.jpg
Views: 13506
Size:  82.9 KB

That's my home defense gun.

I have it rigged up with:

Tau Development Group shell shroud
    Magpul SGA stock with Aridus adapter
    Nordic +2 magazine extension (I don't have the clamp pictured on my gun anymore)
    Streamlight 870 light mount

Name:  streamlight.jpg
Views: 3424
Size:  53.8 KB

Surefire X300
    Vang Comp shell card ($20 at Brownells) attached by industrial strength velcro placed directly on the receiver

This setup works.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 08-07-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List