Page 255 of 678 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 6772

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

MXT 1301 Kit install

Am I an idiot? I got my MXT 1301 kit, and just was about to put it last night - 2 flush screws which I can tell go with the countersunk holes on the rail and QD socket with the Nordic kit, the allen screws clamp the two barreled sections together and I assume they go in the wider holes so that they dont stick out -

However I don't know if Nordic has something going on with their manufacturing lately but the QD section I can't line up at all with the non-countersunk allen screw - I am going to mess with it again a little bit but I recalled someone saying their was something off with their kit when they went to install it, pages and pages back, which I will try to find - if that is the case and its not fixed, very disappointed for the months of waiting and the current price, increased over 30% since a year ago

If the Griffin QD socket was still available I'd probably just forego the barrel clamp completely, for ease of cleaning and disassembly -
    Last edited by ricky_bobby; 07-31-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Am I an idiot? I got my MXT 1301 kit, and just was about to put it last night - 2 flush screws which I can tell go with the countersunk holes on the rail and QD socket with the Nordic kit, the allen screws clamp the two barreled sections together and I assume they go in the wider holes so that they dont stick out -

However I don't know if Nordic has something going on with their manufacturing lately but the QD section I can't line up at all with the non-countersunk allen screw - I am going to mess with it again a little bit but I recalled someone saying their was something off with their kit when they went to install it, pages and pages back, which I will try to find - if that is the case and its not fixed, very disappointed for the months of waiting and the current price, increased over 30% since a year ago

If the Griffin QD socket was still available I'd probably just forego the barrel clamp completely, for ease of cleaning and disassembly -
    EDIT: I am an idiot - Please disregard- It was a long weekend I guess - I was trying to put the barrel clamp together with the QD socket mounted on the one side already LOL

And man oh man do I have bad timing, that Griffin low profile QD socket would have been so amazingly clutch - Since I run the MS1 with QDM's I have the socket mount on the stock at the rear and ideally would have the QD on my dominant side which would mount the barrel clamp rail on the opposite - I am not a fan of tape switches so for now I will forego a light until I can figure out a solution, or someone brings back the "low-pro" design of the QD that I can mount on my Zhukov....
    Last edited by ricky_bobby; 07-31-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Slight lane veer but curious if anyone's found a good option for mounting a 1" dia. (SF 6PX) light to the Zhukov?

Currently using a MP M-LOK cantilever rail/light mount w/ a MP V-Block mount/rings but the 6PX protrudes a tad far out from the Zhukov, any suggestions on a mount that will pull the light closer in to the Zhukov?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Slight lane veer but curious if anyone's found a good option for mounting a 1" dia. (SF 6PX) light to the Zhukov?

Currently using a MP M-LOK cantilever rail/light mount w/ a MP V-Block mount/rings but the 6PX protrudes a tad far out from the Zhukov, any suggestions on a mount that will pull the light closer in to the Zhukov?
    SGM Lamb may have a solution to your problem:

https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk4.htm

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post

Is the 6PX a Scout light? If so, Magpul makes a new mount made for Scout and Streamlight Pro-Tac which tucks the light in super tight and bolts right in, no V-bloc/rings needed - I am going to be using these on a couple of my AR's with ProTac's, would have no problem adding the same to my Zhukov

https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lo...er-scout-mount

Name:  22491495_1658815017464174_4852806312902543732_n-660x590.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  46.7 KB
    Last edited by ricky_bobby; 08-01-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Serious I tried that one on my first 1301 (now my match/training gun) but not quite what I was looking for.

RB that one should work as it appears to tuck the light in much tighter w/ the Zhukov HG, muchas gracias.

Glad to help brother - its my favorite mount for the Scout/Protac lights by far as they bolt right in and Magpul even gives you the screws for each light -

AIM Surplus does free shipping on Magpul, I think if you order the mount from them its $28 - enjoy - and post up some pics when you get it, I ordered the Protac but didn't get the mount yet, will be using these on my M-Lok MOE and SL handguards on my AR's as well -

Looking towards the 1301 as my HD gun after listening to TC's podcast the other night. Seems like a bit higher of an entry level price than say a 500 or 870 but removing the action required to cycle the SG seems to be worth the extra $.

I'm coming from a strictly pistol background and not insinuating that a semi SG would remove the training aspect but here in CT we're lucky to see ranges that allow drawing from a holster let alone running and gunning with a SG.

Am I wildly off base here with my reasoning?

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread!
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Looking towards the 1301 as my HD gun after listening to TC's podcast the other night. Seems like a bit higher of an entry level price than say a 500 or 870 but removing the action required to cycle the SG seems to be worth the extra $.

I'm coming from a strictly pistol background and not insinuating that a semi SG would remove the training aspect but here in CT we're lucky to see ranges that allow drawing from a holster let alone running and gunning with a SG.

Interested, as I have a similar situation/question.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post

My honest opinion? Everyone needs a pump, its reliable and easy to use, and there is something to be said of an operator who is skilled with a pump.

However, the 1301T is an excellent choice for a semi-auto 12g - I think it is superior to many others in the price range and you cannot go wrong - I got a steal of a deal before Shot Show and I would gladly buy another - And especially many thanks to Aridus Industries for their support (as I now have Magpul furniture on it) and Nordic for making the +2 Extension kits thanks to our import laws.
    Last edited by ricky_bobby; 08-03-2018 at 12:08 PM.

User Tag List