Page 249 of 680 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

For those with the Primary Arms dots on these, they holding up good so far? And is this the one people are using? http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...-2016-md-rbgii

Was originally thinking about putting one of my RMR's on mine when the CROM for it comes out, but now thinking I may leave those on pistols and get something else for the 1301.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Beretta 1301 Tactical

@Unobtanium I measured the LOP today as 12 3/16” to the vertical midpoint of the Magpul stock with no spacers installed.
    @martin_j001 the Primary Arms dot most people are getting is this one: http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...-base-md-rb-ad

I’ve also mounted my Rob Haught CROM with Primary Arms Advanced MicroDot. I can’t wait to shoot it this weekend. I’m curious to see if the dot can hold up to 12ga recoil. I know there were a couple of folks here who bought the blems a few months ago to mount on shotguns.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 05-03-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Looks slick, @DanM, looking forward to hearing how the sight holds up!
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    @Unobtanium I measured the LOP today as 12 3/16” to the vertical midpoint of the Magpul stock with no spacers installed.
    @martin_j001 the Primary Arms dot most people are getting is this one: http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...-base-md-rb-ad

I’ve also mounted my Rob Haught CROM with Primary Arms Advanced MicroDot. I can’t wait to shoot it this weekend. I’m curious to see if the dot can hold up to 12ga recoil. I know there were a couple of folks here who bought the blems a few months ago to mount on shotguns.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Thanks! How do most people run these stocks? As in, what's LOP seems desirable?

Here's the one I got:

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...ry-life-md-ads

It's holding up just fine on my Comp 21. I used it last week to take this thunder chicken.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was following this thread but have gotten behind. Is this the Rob Haught sight being discussed earlier? This pic is from the Wilson Combat Rob Haught Special 870 shotgun just introduced on their web page. I have an old 870 WC Standard model. This has been a reliable old war horse.

I'm keeping an eye out for one of the 1301 to become available again at those very nice prices. I can swing it now...I think.

JW
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    I was following this thread but have gotten behind. Is this the Rob Haught sight being discussed earlier? This pic is from the Wilson Combat Rob Haught Special 870 shotgun just introduced on their web page. I have an old 870 WC Standard model. This has been a reliable old war horse.

I'm keeping an eye out for one of the 1301 to become available again at those very nice prices. I can swing it now...I think.

JW
    The Rob Haught mod people were talking about is a rear peep sight cut in half like in the photos you showed. This kind of cut down rear sight is an option on the Aridus Industries CROM.

I spent a few minutes with my 1301 at the range yesterday. I zeroed the CROM and the Primary Arms dot for Federal Deep Penetrator slugs at 25y. I patterned some generic Federal buckshot I bought at Walmart and found it to stay within a 7" circle to 15y. I'm still undecided what kind of buckshot I want to load this gun with. I love Federal Flitecontrol but I also see a lot of merit to Steve Fisher's opinion that you don't want all your pellets to impact in a single rat hole at HD distances and a little bit of pellet spread is desirable at those ranges. Ideally, I would love to find a buckshot load with a pattern that opened up a few inches almost immediately but would still stay inside the black of a B8 out to 15y or so.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I definitely see the merit of Fisher’s, and others, idea of wanting more spread but for me that’s a no go. I use FliteControl 00 in mine but will probably switch to #1 next time I order some. For me I like knowing its going to stay together for a longer distance. If I need to take a shot with a shotgun indoors and my shot isn’t perfect, with a wider spreading group I’ve now induced the possibility of a stray pellet killing someone in another apartment or my girlfriend or dog in my own. Solid no-go for me. I’ll take the fist size hole from the 00 FFC at the distances in my home. YMMV. Just my $0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First 2 rounds in my gun are Winchester ranger 00 1325. Next is a federal truball lr. Rest of the tube (1-2) is empty in case all I need is #7.5 for a squirrel, or slug first for a long range coyote. I figure the most emergent use is indoors, and load accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    I definitely see the merit of Fisher’s, and others, idea of wanting more spread but for me that’s a no go. I use FliteControl 00 in mine but will probably switch to #1 next time I order some. For me I like knowing its going to stay together for a longer distance. If I need to take a shot with a shotgun indoors and my shot isn’t perfect, with a wider spreading group I’ve now induced the possibility of a stray pellet killing someone in another apartment or my girlfriend or dog in my own. Solid no-go for me. I’ll take the fist size hole from the 00 FFC at the distances in my home. YMMV. Just my $0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also found that if the majority of the pellets didn't hit center mass a follow-up shot was required. I found that the effectiveness of the shotgun directly correlates to how tight the pattern is.

Standard buck soured me on shotguns untill flight control buck came out. Slugs always worked too.

User Tag List