Page 244 of 680 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by ibnaqil View Post
    Hmmm...haven’t cut and installed the spring yet, but when I screw the extension on it extends past the barrel about 1/4 inch.
    OMFG this makes me want to forget the 1301 and just get an M2 and a compact stock.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    OMFG this makes me want to forget the 1301 and just get an M2 and a compact stock.
    lol, not a big deal to me. just noticed that my gun looks different than that pic.

I got the Nordic kit that was specific to the 1301 Tactical so the +1 extension ends of even with the barrel and includes the barrel clamp and rail and sling additions that bolt to it. The spring was a standardized length that you just needed to snip (12-16 inched) from the end of the tube when inserted.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My issues were really not a big deal. I don’t have a allot of shotgun experience so I take my time and stare at things until I figure it out. The biggest pain was understanding how to get the spring cap off once you unscrewed the main cap. I was just too stupid to remove the forearm which would have gotten me to my answer much quicker. The spring issue would’ve been solved if I just read the directions. All in all, my fault. It’s reallu a 5-10 minute job.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I have the clamp on mine primarily so I can mount a Surefire X300 on the left of the gun. If you aren't using that real estate to mount a light it's really not necessary to install the clamp.

When the Aridus forend ships I'm likely to remove the clamp from my gun.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Itschris View Post
    I got the Nordic kit that was specific to the 1301 Tactical so the +1 extension ends of even with the barrel and includes the barrel clamp and rail and sling additions that bolt to it. The spring was a standardized length that you just needed to snip (12-16 inched) from the end of the tube when inserted.
    I believe that’s the kit I just bought from Grabagun. It was supposed to sit flush with the end of the barrel. I thought I tightened it all the way down. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

I believe that’s the kit I just bought from Grabagun. It was supposed to sit flush with the end of the barrel. I thought I tightened it all the way down. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.
    I’d be happy to measure the extension when I get home for you...that’d be a start anyway. I’m gonna just ask the insulting question since I’ve done the same sorts of things myself at one point or another so don’t be offended. You removed the main screw cap then took off the forend and removed the tube cap/plunger spring holder by pushing in the little tab correct? I would think not doing that would certainly account for not being able to screw it down all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Itschris View Post
    I’d be happy to measure the extension when I get home for you...that’d be a start anyway. I’m gonna just ask the insulting question since I’ve done the same sorts of things myself at one point or another so don’t be offended. You removed the main screw cap then took off the forend and removed the tube cap/plunger spring holder by pushing in the little tab correct? I would think not doing that would certainly account for not being able to screw it down all the way.
    Yessir. Like you, I pressed in the tab and the plunger and spring flew across the room.

Haha!!

It’s 4:30 my time... I should leave the office in an hour or so. So gimme until 7 and I’ll measure the extension that came with my kit.

Yessir. Like you, I pressed in the tab and the plunger and spring flew across the room.
    My extension is just a smidge over 5”... figure 5 1/8

Hope this helps. Post up what you figure out.

User Tag List