Page 243 of 680 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Itschris View Post
    I was fortunate I guess. I got an order confirmation. We’ll see. I ordered right 8pm.
    Curious to see if you will actually get shipment - I got order confirmation but then additional email a couple hours later saying cancelled because the inventory was wrong -

I got the emails from GrabaGun last night but didn't waste my time - I'll wait until the next round, as it seems they cannot in any way keep up with demand for these kits -

Semi Related Side Note:
    I had a chance to get a deal on a Beretta 1201FP... I got a chance to shoot it first. 5 slug and about 10 buck and 10 Bird. It was my first time shooting any Beretta shotgun.

I have never felt slugs kick so hard. We issue 14" 870s that dont kick as hard as that full size auto. Yes, our 870s had a better recoil pad, but that just felt... excessive. Is that all inertia driven shotguns? Or am I just getting old?

I grew up on Browning 2000s and Remington 1100s. I guess the gas guns really are easier to shoot.

Anyway, it cured my desire to grab a deal on the 1201FP. If that is how the 1301 shoots, I may just stick with the 870... I need to google up some video on how Inertia recoil systems work.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Semi Related Side Note:
    I had a chance to get a deal on a Beretta 1201FP... I got a chance to shoot it first. 5 slug and about 10 buck and 10 Bird. It was my first time shooting any Beretta shotgun.

I have never felt slugs kick so hard. We issue 14" 870s that dont kick as hard as that full size auto. Yes, our 870s had a better recoil pad, but that just felt... excessive. Is that all inertia driven shotguns? Or am I just getting old?

I grew up on Browning 2000s and Remington 1100s. I guess the gas guns really are easier to shoot.

Anyway, it cured my desire to grab a deal on the 1201FP. If that is how the 1301 shoots, I may just stick with the 870... I need to google up some video on how Inertia recoil systems work.
    I’ve shot the 1201, and though all inertial systems basically run on pain, the 1201 seemed to be a little worse than the Benelli M1 Super 90 I was also shooting during the same session.

Honestly, to me, the only inertial system shotgun I can enjoy shooting is whatever model Benelli has the Comfortech stock installed.

The 1301 has a gas system, though, and to my perception (and the perception of almost everyone I have let shoot it next to an 870), seems to recoil a little less than the 870.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by nalesq; 03-27-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Semi Related Side Note:

That is very much NOT how the 1301 shoots.

The 1301 is gas operated and very soft shooting.

Tje 1201 is reliable since it is based on the benelli inertia system but one of the worst / hardest kicking 12 gauges I've ever shot. It sure what Beretta did with the 1201 but it kicks harder than the benelli.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-27-2018 at 12:22 PM.

The first few rounds I ran in the 1201 were slugs... I thought, "oh, damn, I thought I grabbed reduced recoil, but that shit was to rough"... Turns out, that WAS the reduced recoil, and the next few shots were the full turbo diesel powered slugs. OUCH... Three full powered slugs made me realize that was not the gun for me.

I have no real need for another shotgun, but this thread got me thinking about the 1301, and when I saw a 1201Fp for about half the cost of a 1301, I was tempted...

Glad to now it was not just me being soft. Also glad to know the 1301 is a gas gun...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Curious to see if you will actually get shipment - I got order confirmation but then additional email a couple hours later saying cancelled because the inventory was wrong -

I got the emails from GrabaGun last night but didn't waste my time - I'll wait until the next round, as it seems they cannot in any way keep up with demand for these kits -
    Well it looks like I got lucky. I just got my shipping confirm a bit ago. Hopefully everything is in order when it arrives.

@Parf. - thanks again for the heads up. It’s really appreciated.

I recently purchased the new version 1301 Comp and I am having an issue with shells dumping out of the magazine onto the lifter. Does anyone have detailed instructions or a video on changing out the cartridge latch?

When I got home from the range I compared it with my original 1301 Comp and took a couple pics. As you can see in the pics the Cartridge Latch Assembly is not grabbing enough of the shell to hold the round in securely so when I fire it or even sometimes when loading, rounds are coming out onto the lifter when they shouldn’t. You can see in the bottom pic of my original 1301 Comp that it grabs way more of the round and holds the round in securely. I even tried switching the bolt releases to see if that could be the issue but it made no difference. Any assistance/ideas would be appreciated. I should add, this is not an issue of hitting the bolt release incorrectly, I have installed shrouds on both.

Here is the new one:

Here is the original:
    Last edited by juancarlos; 03-31-2018 at 12:47 PM.

light mount V2

So I really liked the mount that I made.. but the 300 series was just a little too far away.. I had a 600 series laying around.. so I made up a new mount.. I don't think it will get anymore perfect than this.. I think that the gun is essentially done..

Added an optic.. and dealt with the whole sling thing... also went over to the Magpul stock.. I really like the feel of this setup..

Nothing like a 10 minute job that takes an hour. I got my Nordic kit yesterday and did the install. After taking the cap off and staring at the plunger and pushing it in a couple hundred times as if something different was going to happen, I finally unintentionally pulled off the forend when I picked it up. That’s when I noticed the little tab on that cap. I didn’t know how hard to press so after another 10 minutes, I got fed up and put some oomph into it and shot the tube contents across the room. Either way I was glad to get it out. The next act of stupidity came as I tried hopelessly to get the spring installed. I figured since the directions were generic and this was a kit,I just ignored them and assumed everything was Tactical specific. So after a humiliating effort, I did some googling and saw some people cutting the spring, which so happened to be in the directions. I snipped it at 15” past the tube. And finally got everything together. Hopefully that’s what everyone else has done in the spring...please chime in. I put the clamp on and out the rail piece on the left side. I put the sling attachment on the other because I thought it looked a bit odd without anything there but I can’t use it on that side so it’s just there doing nothing. Curious what everyone else did. All in all, it took me 10 times longer than it should have but it certainly looks great. I didn’t have time to function check it but will tonight.

Removing the original stuff and adding the extension, I should get six shells in the tube... correct? Here’s some pics. I also wasn’t sure exactly where the clamp would be best so feel free to advise. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hmmm...haven’t cut and installed the spring yet, but when I screw the extension on it extends past the barrel about 1/4 inch.

User Tag List