Page 222 of 678 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    1301 updates shown at shot, Looks like the shortcomings identified have Been worked. k
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...idus-upgrades/

I hate chokes. Ymmv

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Another source for discounted 1301s:

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/beretta-...ical-12ga.html

Just got some SWEET financial news, so BAM. Ordered. Thanks for the link Tom.

One of the new models presented at SHOT had MagPul furniture. I can't find the hand guard they show on their gun anywhere. Am I missing something or is this not available separately?

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Aridus Industries magpul adapter set

http://www.aridusindustries.com/

Not on market yet.....soonish

The sga adapter is available now, the forgrip is in development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 01-25-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

I know chokes aren't favored here and I am sure there is a thread somewhere explaining why but I'm hoping someone can re explain the pro con arguments on a "tactical" with chokes or point me to the thread.
    Last edited by UNK; 01-25-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Not sure if there are significant "tactical" advantages. Chokes adjust the distance to spread of your shot load, allowing you to adjust the pattern your ammunition for use at different distances. You don't need this if you use FliteControl ammo. For slugs, there is difference of opinion regarding whether slugs do better out of an IC barrel vs cylinder bore. A barrel threaded for chokes might help getting the tightest possible slug groups, but compared to what? 3 inches versus 4 inches?

Other advantages are about getting more gun for the money. Rifle sights and front sight focus on a tactical shotgun aren't good for wingshooting, but you could hit a few clays or birds with one. I bet painting the front post neon orange would help. A tactical shotgun threaded for chokes could make a great turkey gun. Might be helpful for rabbit or squirrel hunting.

On the other hand, if you're just having fun with friends chucking clays, you don't need a choke to hit them. If you get super into wingshooting, you might want a separate gun for that (many clays ranges have minimum length barrel requirements). There's now a FliteControl turkey load, so you don't even need a choke for turkey hunting.

The disadvantage for chokes is the need to periodically remove them to clean them and maintain the threading. Just regular maintenance, but if you don't need it, no reason not to keep it simple.

With Federal flitecontrol wads, there's really no reason to use chokes.

On the other hand, if you ever see yourself looking to mount a suppressor, that's how shotgun suppressors attach.

Couple thoughts for me day:

Got the 1301 out to the range finally for the first time today. Took 25rds of S&B 00 Buck, 10 rds 00 FliteControl, and 20 rds, Fiocchi Low Recoil Slugs. The Fiocchi and the FliteControl were downright pleasant to shoot. The S&B had slightly more recoil to it, and I did have one FTF with it where it got hungup part way between the magazine and the chamber. This was towards the end of the shooting with it and may have been me either over or under lubricating it. Not entirely sure which. The slugs were A zone accurate for me at 20 yards. The FliteControl had solid groups from 7 to 20 yards as well.

Now just to note, I'm not a shotgunner. Never have been. Never owned one and prior to this had only shot an 870 in the Police Academy as I went with the AR for duty use instead after.

I absolutely love the RMR I mounted on it even if it sits a little high.

Do not accidentally drop a round into mud, its no fun to clean off.

I will probably change to the Magpul stock/Aridus adapter to try that grip angle for me but as it is I love the gun and glad I made the purchase at that way low price. Now if only Aridus will come out with his handgaurd so I can mount a light and Nordic actually produces the extensions sometime soon this gun will be done for me.

User Tag List