Page 2 of 675 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    I wonder if this is based on the A300 or A400 platform? I have an A400 Extreme that I bird hunt with, it's a very, very nice shotgun.
    I think it is the A400, but it doesn't have the kick-off system.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Just acquired one.
    That is the difference -- you "acquire" a Beretta and just "buy" a Remington.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sweet.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    I was excited about this gun and handled one at SHOT. However, I asked the Beretta people to get me one of their guys who was actually familiar with the gun, which they did. He verified to me that you cannot top the magazine up once a shot has been fired-- you have to wait until the gun is empty to reload it. That's a deal killer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    I was excited about this gun and handled one at SHOT. However, I asked the Beretta people to get me one of their guys who was actually familiar with the gun, which they did. He verified to me that you cannot top the magazine up once a shot has been fired-- you have to wait until the gun is empty to reload it. That's a deal killer for me.
    Ouch.

Stuff like that just makes an old fashion pump gun makes since.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I have a TX4, and that isn't the case. Since the 1301 is the Beretta 3gun shotgun, can't imagine that is correct.
    Last edited by GJM; 01-19-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Just this week I discovered that my made-in-Turkey Weatherby SA-459 works the same way -- once a shot has been fired, the carrier is locked in the down position until the gun runs dry. I was NOT happy to discover this, as it means that it's useless as a 3-gun shotgun.

Imagine my surprise when I went to run a shoot-1-load-2 drill and couldn't get any ammo into the gun. Then my frustration when no amount of control manipulation would get it to accept ammo. Then my anger when I realized that this was in fact how it was designed, and the only in-process manipulation possible is a time-consuming eject-chambered-shell-and-load-one drill. I'm getting irked again just writing this.

Looks like I'll be watching for deals on a Mossberg 930 JM in a few months...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a TX4, and that isn't the case. Since the 1301 is the Beretta 3gun shotgun, can't imagine that is correct.
    Very clearly reloading here without being empty:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wWC8p725h7c

Site Supporter
    This isn't the case with the 1301s I've seen. There are a bunch of videos of Beretta's sponsored shooter reloading a partially full 1301 in practical shotgun matches on YouTube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Site Supporter
    I was not able to fire the gun at SHOT to verify. However, the Beretta employee who claimed to know said that when you fire the gun a round comes out of the magazine on to the lifter, thus blocking putting anything else in the magazine tube until the gun is empty. We discussed this at length.

Perhaps Doc Roberts can take his new 1301 out and see just what the truth is.

User Tag List