Page 191 of 680 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

That's the one!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I have a Steiner MK7 that I bought for an 870 with a 14" barrel. I like the light as far as brightness goes. The manipulation of light is easy with an index finger however on the 870 it puts my finger out I front of the barrel and I reference Rule 3 . On the 1301 it would be fine but you can't add any shot extension with the light. If you are good with the 5 then it would be an ok addition. I have a Streamlight light mount inbound that might be a good solution to mounting a light at the 6 o clock position on the 1301. I should have it today. Here is a pic of the light on the 870.

Bump for questions on this light. How are they holding up, anyone?

I got my shroud in and promptly stripped the set screw. Good thing this is a common issue and BUSA got me a new one a day later. Suggested they change the spec on it to make it engage more than two threads before bottoming out on the cone (it never feels tight until it strips)
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    I got my shroud in and promptly stripped the set screw. Good thing this is a common issue and BUSA got me a new one a day later. Suggested they change the spec on it to make it engage more than two threads before bottoming out on the cone (it never feels tight until it strips)
    Seriously? 2 threads? Does Aridus use oem or custom hardware? Are they, too, 2 threads eng.?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Seriously? 2 threads? Does Aridus use oem or custom hardware? Are they, too, 2 threads eng.?
    Here's a pic...you can see how far the threads engaged.

the other side is plenty deep....so, its clear Beretta-Italy should be spec'ing a longer set screw.

| 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The YT-1301 comes with 2 new screws (in case one gets mangled somehow). They have 6 or 7 threads engaged, so stripping would be difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Thread engagement for fasteners is a surprisingly complicated (and nerdily interesting) topic. There's lots of racist math you can do, and various rules of thumb for it. It's commonly accepted that 3 threads of engagement are the minimum you should design to, while some prefer 5, and others say that you want the length of thread engagement to match the diameter of the screw/bolt.

The OEM screw has ~3.25 threads (or approximately half the screw diameter) of engagement. The Aridus screw has ~6.75 (or approximately the full screw diameter) of enagement.

You are such an engineering nerd. i never would have thought about that.

There is a reason I got my Bachelor's in Psychology and not a hard science.........
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Thread engagement for fasteners is a surprisingly complicated (and nerdily interesting) topic. There's lots of racist math you can do, and various rules of thumb for it. It's commonly accepted that 3 threads of engagement are the minimum you should design to, while some prefer 5, and others say that you want the length of thread engagement to match the diameter of the screw/bolt.

The OEM screw has ~3.25 threads (or approximately half the screw diameter) of engagement. The Aridus screw has ~6.75 (or approximately the full screw diameter) of enagement.
    Then there is "feel good." I've had people tell me that I needed at least 3/8" engagement on 8-32 screws to be considered acceptable for a holster...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Wow. Yeah, 12 threads oughta do it.
    Consider that 25 in-lb on the screw is around 800ish or something pounds pressure on the threads.

Now we can argue about torque to friction value, or torque to angle value. Thread/bolt stretch. K-factor using different threadlockers vs. light machine oil vs dry. Oh...this is a glorious rabbit hole that I explored with Nightforce, Leupold, Kahles, and Vortex!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List