Page 181 of 675 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6748

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm a terrible employee, just ask my current boss.
    Some employees exist because of the skillset. Not because they are warm and fuzzy. I have worked with plenty of them. Nephrology, Cardiology, and Surgery, come to mind.

The customer still benefits wildly!
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 08-01-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Is it "better" than "yours", or is it just them doing their own version of "yours"? Your fix always struck me as a bandaid. A nice one, yes, but one nonetheless. Do they actually FIX it?
    I haven't handled one so i can't make that call

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My query is when are they hiring Tom?
    SOON

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

At the end of my LEM focused practice session (USP 9T, USP FS .40, USP FS .45 and HK45C) this morning, I spent some time on steel arrays shooting my Aimpoint micro equipped 1301T and Benelli M2 14 inch. I was using high brass #6 bird shot. They both shot close enough on this test, that the choice for me comes down to features and specific attributes, rather than some obvious shooting difference.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Beretta considers the "unload via bolt release" thing, rightly so, to be a feature. It's just a feature with a serious unintended consequence. This is also why I think my low profile (as opposed to the full coverage model) shroud design is an ideal solution (or bandaid, if you prefer). It makes it essentially impossible to accidentally trigger the shell dump malfunction while still allowing the user to purposefully unload via the bolt release. For people who prefer to make the shell dump even more impossible, I offer the full coverage design.

I completely agree that the shrouds are bandaids, but my main design criteria were to prevent the issue, don't require permanent modification to the gun, be easy to install, inexpensive, and look "good". Without patting myself on the back too much, I think I nailed all those criteria and this is one of the most "perfect" things I've ever designed.
    Nothing wrong with bandaids. I bought both a shroud and a full coverage one with the idea to try to shroud and switch to the full coverage if that didn't work. The shroud, though, works fine. Ingenious little device, and I suppose bandaids are ingenious little devices as well--I use them also.

This thread is an interesting read, and I have enjoyed reading the posts, from time to time, and "liking" some of them.

My interest in Beretta shotguns, however, is academic, because I see no reason to collect multiple auto-loading shotgun systems, and my employer lists authorized shotguns for police duty, and expects us to use weapons on our qual list for off-the-clock defense of self and others, 24/7*. The only approved auto-loading shotgun has been the M1/M2 Benellis. I had an HK Benelli M1 Super 90 in the Nineties, but reverted to pump guns because the then-standard skimpy stock allowed recoil to thrash me without mercy. The M2's Comfortech stock lured me back to Benelli, late last year, and I wish I had not waited so long.

*Home defense is the only exception.

While I like the 1301, for a number of reasons the M2 works better for me. These reasons include:

1) availability of 14 inch barrels

2) ability to drill the fore end and add sling and light mounts

3) easier select slug operation, as I can chuck the round right in with the M2, as opposed to move the lifter out of the way

4) the Comfortech stock, with adjustable LOP Limbsaver pads

5) the four screw, Scalarworks mount for the Aimpoint micro

6) more support from OEM and after market stocks and barrels, and non-OEM accessories
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Plus, if you want to be OCD scrupulous about 922(r), you can buy enough domestic parts to get under the wire and add an extension on the Benelli. Still a long way from that with the 1301.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Boom, design is nailed down. Now I just need to dial in the feeds and speeds to get the machine time down, but the hard part is done!

Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Boom, design is nailed down. Now I just need to dial in the feeds and speeds to get the machine time down, but the hard part is done!

User Tag List