Page 161 of 680 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by rossini View Post
    Is there a video out there that walks you through exactly how to remove the magazine plug that is installed from the factory? I've read a couple things on it but seeing pictures/video step by step would be a huge help.
    I realize this is a noob issue but for the life of me I can't figure out how to remove this damn mag plug and there is literally nothing that I can find online that illustrates it, which is a bit bizarre. Can anyone help me out?

The process is the same on the Comp. I didn't find that article as I was searching for a how-to guide, but there are enough similarly configured shotguns that I was able to figure out how to remove the retainer cap.

Obviously if you are putting an extension on you don't reinstall the retainer cap or the magazine plug.

Sling-friendly light mount please!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Light mounting continues to be one of the big problems with the 1301. I might start exploring that... we'll see though, there's a lot on my plate.

Site Supporter
    I too would love a sling-friendly light mount!

That's actually something I've been considering for a while. Mounting a light and a sling on shotguns without them interfering with each other is a challenge. I've got a method I use that I've been really happy with that's a bit custom, so I've started thinking about exploring that for production. We'll see how things are looking in the coming months and go from there
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

All the solutions for light mounting I've seen so far wind up with the light sticking out pretty far from the gun, and/or requiring a pressure switch. I'd like to have the light high and tight, and just run a thumb clicky. If Surefire made a fore-end for the 1301 I'd just go that route as I find their 870 low profile and ergonomic. The industry seems to be moving away from that type of custom solution though.

That's actually something I've been considering for a while. Mounting a light and a sling on shotguns without them interfering with each other is a challenge. I've got a method I use that I've been really happy with that's a bit custom, so I've started thinking about exploring that for production. We'll see how things are looking in the coming months and go from there

Beretta have the 1301 Comp 2017 model at IWA. Serial number on the receiver has been moved to allow you more room to cut the port. And the port has been cut a whole lot more. I would still want to change a few things but it is a large improvement.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    All the solutions for light mounting I've seen so far wind up with the light sticking out pretty far from the gun, and/or requiring a pressure switch. I'd like to have the light high and tight, and just run a thumb clicky. If Surefire made a fore-end for the 1301 I'd just go that route as I find their 870 low profile and ergonomic. The industry seems to be moving away from that type of custom solution though.
    I agree. I've become a huge fan of handheld lights on long guns with a tail clicky. I'm fortunate to have long enough arms to be able to use the light on the 1301 with the Nordic setup (tube extension, clamp, and rail). It's a stretch and a bit further forward than my normal firing grip, but I actually prefer that a bit as there's pretty much zero chance of a light ND, and the light is well enough away from my hand to avoid hitting it under recoil.

When getting quotes on some things, I ended up in contact with a company that actually had designed an mlok forend for the 1301, but the project never moved forward because it would end up running about $500 because there's so much intricate machining. When I make more money I might contact him again and see what a one off would cost, just because.
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 03-04-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I got the Noveske sling mount installed, sandwiched between the rail and the clamp. The loop is perfect for one of the Magpul slings with the paraclip, and since I'm using the blue force gear stock adapter at the back, my dual paraclip Magpul sling works well.

With the Danger Close light mount the light doesn't get pushed out too far, but I may look for another mount that angles back in more.

I also have long arms so I can reach a 2-cell light. However DocGKR's solution of using a 3-cell light is not objectionable!

Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e9e.jpg
Views: 3307
Size:  76.3 KB
    Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e9f.jpg
Views: 2031
Size:  71.6 KB

I agree. I've become a huge fan of handheld lights on long guns with a tail clicky. I'm fortunate to have long enough arms to be able to use the light on the 1301 with the Nordic setup (tube extension, clamp, and rail). It's a stretch and a bit further forward than my normal firing grip, but I actually prefer that a bit as there's pretty much zero chance of a light ND, and the light is well enough away from my hand to avoid hitting it under recoil.

When getting quotes on some things, I ended up in contact with a company that actually had designed an mlok forend for the 1301, but the project never moved forward because it would end up running about $500 because there's so much intricate machining. When I make more money I might contact him again and see what a one off would cost, just because.

Another option, slightly different maybe better: This is the Unity Tactical VTAC micro hub mounted to the Nordic picatinny rail, with Noveske sling mount sandwiched. Brings the light in slightly closer, but definitely feels less bulky. More reach required to hit the tailcap though.

Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ea0.jpg
Views: 1950
Size:  70.5 KB
    Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ea1.jpg
Views: 3886
Size:  82.1 KB

User Tag List