Page 147 of 683 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6821

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    It's an absolute cowitness. With something like a carbine I prefer a lower 1/3, but for shotguns I feel the absolute is a little nicer... with how much they recoil, having proper shoulder and cheek placement can make a bit of a difference.

Oh, and here they are back from anodizing. Looks like laser engraving tonight!

How? Did you make extra-tall sights for the thing, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    How? Did you make extra-tall sights for the thing, too?
    The sights on the 1301t are already kind of high, so combine that with the direct mount, it all lines up perfectly
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Is anyone here using the KeArms Micro mount?
    #RESIST

The sights on the 1301t are already kind of high, so combine that with the direct mount, it all lines up perfectly
    The 1301 uses the same "size" of LPA sights the Benelli M4 uses. Unless you somehow mounted this thing in the path of the BCG, I don't see how in the world you're getting absolute CW. I'm going to have to go with the "okay, show me" stance for now, because frankly I don't think it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I suspect it's not exactly absolute but rather mounted as low a practicable which puts the optic centerline between what's commonly seen as 1/3 and absolute.
    Lower 1/3 is about the best that can be done with the LPA sights as far as I know. However, it was clearly stated that this product allegedly produces "absolute" CW.

"It's an absolute co-witness"
    and
    "lines up perfectly"

were used as terms in relation to one another, I believe.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 01-13-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Unless I'm misinterpreting what absolute cowitness is, the sights line up and the dot is on top of the front sight when you have a proper cheek weld

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok, my mistake. Either way, I'm happy with where it's at lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks absolute to me, now I have to renig on my no new gun resolution this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Looks absolute to me, now I have to renig on my no new gun resolution this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not.

But damn. It's really good, and I've nothing ill to say about it at all. Quibbling about whether that is absolute or lower 2/5 or whatever it just semantics. Damn fine looking product, that!

Just make sure the screws are RIGHT. The Scalarworks guys are convinced that 8-40 is the thread pitch on the M4 receiver, currently. It's not. m4x0.75 is the pitch, as best I have been able to determine. It's an Italian gun, and it's metric. If you're not re-using the screws, make sure the Beretta is what you're supplying! Please.

That said, what finally got me to buy another shotgun (M4) is that it can now be setup like my M4 carbine. M300 on the 11 o clock, and T2 on top. It looks like the 1301 is going the same path, but it just doesn't have as solid a light-mounting situation as the Benelli M4 does at current. Maybe that can be the next project. From everything I've read, the 1301 really is tits at its price point.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 01-13-2017 at 12:01 PM.

User Tag List