Page 13 of 680 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The 1301 and its sibling the A400 seem to have racked up quite an impressive record in 3-gun and various shotgun sports of late...

Those were Benelli M1's that had those problems, not M1014/M4's.
    I had raised that point, as well. Have you seen/treated M4's identically and noticed no bending issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I had raised that point, as well. Have you seen/treated M4's identically and noticed no bending issues?
    To better understand your perspective, it would be helpful to understand how you will use this shotgun, what loads and an approximate annual round count?

I use my 1301 primarily for bear protection, loaded with Brenneke slugs, low by 3 gun standard round counts, and I carry it for hours most days.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To better understand your perspective, it would be helpful to understand how you will use this shotgun, what loads and an approximate annual round count?

I use my 1301 primarily for bear protection, loaded with Brenneke slugs, low by 3 gun standard round counts, and I carry it for hours most days.
    Target shooting, home defense, bear defense, deer hunting, and lots and lots of dumping lead down-range because...it's fun with a shotgun and destructible targets! My shotguns have always been my highest round-count weapons as ammo is relatively affordable and they are just so much fun.

I was referencing a conversation that I had with Dr. Roberts years ago. He had mentioned the M1 receivers bending, when I asked why he was against the M4. I argued that the M1 wasn't an M4, and he said that the M4 had not been observed enough, as I recall, and that it could have the same issue. Perhaps now he has observed that it is not an issue with the M4. I do not know, but that seems to be what he is indicating, as I recall he was vehemently against an alloy receiver shotgun, and here he embraces it.

The M4 will give me 9 rounds for bear protection. Bear is somewhat less prevalent where I will be than in many areas, but black bear are still quite populated in the region. The area just begs for a shotgun.

Last edited by Unobtanium; 05-26-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Like I've stated previously, I've seen several M1's deadlined due to damaged receivers. Almost all the M4's I saw were M1014's in Marine service--no receiver damage that I came across; can't say I've seen too many Benelli M4's in LE use. Likewise, I've never heard or seen of any receiver damage to A400's/1301's.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Like I've stated previously, I've seen several M1's deadlined due to damaged receivers. Almost all the M4's I saw were M1014's in Marine service--no receiver damage that I came across; can't say I've seen too many Benelli M4's in LE use. Likewise, I've never heard or seen of any receiver damage to A400's/1301's.
    Thanks! I think LAPD is the only domestic agency which has bought them in large numbers, although I have been wrong before.

I bought a 1301 tactical I'm pretty impressed with it , a bit more recoil than my mossberg 500 , only question was why the gun is advertised as 5+1 and I can only fit 4+1

Quote Originally Posted by Ber1301TAC View Post
    I bought a 1301 tactical I'm pretty impressed with it , a bit more recoil than my mossberg 500 , only question was why the gun is advertised as 5+1 and I can only fit 4+1
    If you remove (pry out) the plastic retainer that captures the mag spring, you can get five in with room to spare.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

All of the ones I've shot take 5+1 out of the box...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Some shells are longer than others.

I tried winchester buck and slugs also spartan

User Tag List