Page 12 of 675 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    So, money aside, why should I buy a 1301 instead of a Benelli M4 with a full-size mag and C-stock?
    Because a 1301 shoots circles (speed) around an M4 (I have or have owned M1,M2,M4), weighs nearly two pounds less than a M4 with comparable recoil, and has a far better stock than the C or fixed M4 stock. Costs a lot less, too, although I would pay more for a 1301 than M4.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Because a 1301 shoots circles (speed) around an M4 (I have or have owned M1,M2,M4), weighs nearly two pounds less than a M4 with comparable recoil, and has a far better stock than the C or fixed M4 stock. Costs a lot less, too, although I would pay more for a 1301 than M4.
    The weight is a fair point...but what's weaker for it? Even the M4 has a somewhat thin barrel, in my opinion. How is it faster? None of the split times I've seen people getting with the 1301 can touch an M4. They are stuck shooting .14-.17 splits with the 1301 from all the reviews I've seen.

Having used Benelli M1 and M4 in LE and military settings, I'll take a 1301 ANY DAY. Likewise I prefer the 1301 compared to the Benelli M2 in civilian shooting situations. As always, YMMV...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The weight is a fair point...but what's weaker for it? Even the M4 has a somewhat thin barrel, in my opinion. How is it faster? None of the split times I've seen people getting with the 1301 can touch an M4. They are stuck shooting .14-.17 splits with the 1301 from all the reviews I've seen.
    Benny Hill, who knows a little bit about shotguns, says the M4 is not competitive in 3 Gun, because a M2 shoots circles around the M4. The 1301 is reportedly 30 percent faster yet than a M2.

Regardless of weight, or cycle speed, the 1301 is a much more comfortable shotgun for me to shoot than the M2 or M4 with Brenneke slugs.

Benny Hill, who knows a little bit about shotguns, says the M4 is not competitive in 3 Gun, because a M2 shoots circles around the M4. The 1301 is reportedly 30 percent faster yet than a M2.

Regardless of weight, or cycle speed, the 1301 is a much more comfortable shotgun for me to shoot than the M2 or M4 with Brenneke slugs.
    Benny Hill is talking about gaming and this is because it's lighter and has a vent rib and 22 inch barrel and so on. In 3 gun it is better. For sure.

I'm curious to look at one now though for sure. Love my m4s in the past but am curious.

The 30% faster business is likely false or only technically correct such as measuring peak carrier speed or something meaningless. Regardless, my finger can't outrun any of em.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Having used Benelli M1 and M4 in LE and military settings, I'll take a 1301 ANY DAY. Likewise I prefer the 1301 compared to the Benelli M2 in civilian shooting situations. As always, YMMV...
    I've benefitted a lot from listening to you over the years. Why do you feel the 1301 is superior to a properly equipped m4 benelli?

I think you just need to shoot a 1301 and decide for yourself.

I think you just need to shoot a 1301 and decide for yourself.
    That's expensive. I'd probably lose a few hundred on resale. Trying to learn what I can for free.

After looking at some pictures of the design on-line, I see a few things I don't like.

-Carrier welded to the rails of the action bars.
    -Gas rings are very thin. A'la 1187. Those leaded up when slugs were used a good bit, I hear. Never owned one, always sticking with Benelli's.
    -Lots of stampings/pressed parts in the trigger group/latch.

Basically, my take on it is that it's a good weapon, but I would rather pay another $400 or whatever and get an upscale version as well-built as a Benelli. The design is there, but the build cuts obvious corners. Sure, I could go handle one in person, but the facts of construction remain, and I'll stick in the Benelli camp, for better or worse, until Beretta either beefs it up, or enough rounds have been put downrange on South American bird hunts and in 3-gun, etc. for me to be confident that the lesser construction methods and materials are still more than adequate.
    -

The 1301 and its sibling the A400 seem to have racked up quite an impressive record in 3-gun and various shotgun sports of late...

"You really are loving this thing! I remember I spoke with you a while back (years) re: Benelli M4, and you were concerned with:

-Receivers can be bent.
    -Lights are hard to mount."
    Those were Benelli M1's that had those problems, not M1014/M4's.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List