Page 11 of 679 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    Is the rear sight and pic rail polymer on these?
    Negative.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Excellent. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post

What is the choke on this barrel? Is it backbored or "oversize" from the typical 0.728" Ber/Ben ID? I have read it is fixed, and apparently uses their super awesome forcing-cone. Also, is the barrel chrome-lined as typical for Beretta/Benelli? I have tried FC out of Benelli barrels/chokes, and even down to IC, it had an ugly pattern past 20 yards. If this barrel is backbored and CYL, I can see it doing very well. Howe does "regular" buck pattern? I found the Truball DP slugs to perform abysmally in my M4, and a friend;s M590A1, as a datapoint.

Since you have it in-hand, also, what is this talk of "gaskets scraping pistons" in the literature? Is there anything rubber/polymer wiping anything, or are we talking metal-on-metal non-wear issue components? So far all I can see is the FN/Winchester style looking piston and a spring, in all the photos. Is this a "scrub it with a brass toothbrush once a year if you want and forget about it" type operating system, or does it involve Remington 11-87esque parts? A picture or link to one of it layed bare would be exceptional, if you have one handy!
    I don't have the 1301 but I have the A400 Xtreme as my duck/dove/clays gun. The 1301's operating system is based off the "Blink" gas system found in the A400 Xtreme. There is no rubber or polymer wiping anything on the piston. The piston is grooved with teeth and this helps to scrape the carbon as the piston cycles back and forth (the teeth look like the teeth used to ratchet suppressors onto flash hiders/muzzle brakes). I apply FIREclean to the piston/piston bore and once in a blue moon I'll wipe out the carbon and spray with gun cleaner and scrub it out with a plastic brush. You can use a wire brush, but the carbon buildup has not been that bad in my experience. I haven't cleaned my gun's piston system since before last duck season. I've been running it to see how long it will go. So far so good, with 1200 rounds expended since beginning of duck season. Everything from 7/8oz. 2 3/4 to 1 9/16oz. 3 1/2" shells. If I still haven't had any problems by beginning of duck season this year, I'll still probably clean it "just because." I'll get some pics up tomorrow morning.

The barrel on my A400 is backbored/oversized. Barrel is chrome lined. A couple passed with a boresnake coated in some oil cleans it up to a mirror shine.

Again, I don't have experience with the 1301, but since my A400 Xtreme is the "parent" gun of the 1301, everything I said should carry over. If my facts are wrong, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Negative.
    I had read that it was. Where did this rumor start?

No idea.

I happened to have my TX4 with me, on the way to a match, to show a buddy. Rail is metal, and rear sight, marked LPA, is metal. Same for the rail (metal) on my 1301. I don't own a 1301 Tactical, but the one I shot at the Beretta class last weekend looked the same as my TX4.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No idea.

I happened to have my TX4 with me, on the way to a match, to show a buddy. Rail is metal, and rear sight, marked LPA, is metal. Same for the rail (metal) on my 1301. I don't own a 1301 Tactical, but the one I shot at the Beretta class last weekend looked the same as my TX4.

Interesting, thanks!

So, money aside, why should I buy a 1301 instead of a Benelli M4 with a full-size mag and C-stock?

Can you change enough things on the M4 to get below ten 922R parts and install a collapsing (I believe the factory version is pinned open) stock with a full length mag?

There is at least one video review online asserting the components mentioned were polymer. That was why I asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    Can you change enough things on the M4 to get below ten 922R parts and install a collapsing (I believe the factory version is pinned open) stock with a full length mag?
    Yes, and no, factory stock is not pinned.

User Tag List