Page 102 of 679 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    It's possible that it was my poor technique, the ammo, the gun or a combination thereof. This is only my second outing with the 1301 and probably only my third or fourth time shooting a shotgun, period, so this is admittedly a pretty small experience/data set to pick from.

In a my defense, however, I will say shooting the shotgun came on the back of shooting some 300 blk and 5.56 and it definitely didn't feel like a carbine.
    Take a class. When you learn how to properly shoot a shotgun they're not bad at all.

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The stock is too long on the 1301, but not the m1? Thay doesn't add up. What stock is on your m1?
    I have the pistol grip stock on the M1. The 1301 he has is equipped with a regular, non-pistol grip stock.

JR1572
    Last edited by JR1572; 06-04-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Take a class. When you learn how to properly shoot a shotgun they're not bad at all.
    More specifically I can recommend this class:
    http://www.performancefirearmstraining.com/?page_id=53
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I thought everyone thought the 1301 recoiled like a carbine and that was one of the big features of the gun? Say it isn't so...as I still haven't shot one yet.
    I have a limbsaver pad on mine, and it definitely helps. I've got experience with every major semi auto shotgun on the market, except for Saigas and the like. The 1301 has less recoil than any of them using the same ammo. You don't know recoil until you shoot hundreds of 3" and 3.5" shells during waterfowl season each year. For instance, I went to Canada for a five day hunt and shot somewhere north of 700 3", 1.25 oz, 1500 fps shells. I was shooting my trusty Benelli SBE2 (same operating system as an M2), and my friend was shooting a Beretta A400 (same system as the 1301). We traded guns for a while, and the Beretta shoots softer hands down. This mirrors my experience with the tactical shotguns.

So...long overdue thoughts on the Doodad(tm).

Many factors have conspired against me trying out the samples Tom graciously sent, from USPS losing, then finding, the first one, to being out of town when the 2nd batch came, to my wife throwing the package away and having to dumpster dive to find them, etc. etc. Sheesh.

That being said...I think the low-profile variant is just about perfect. Can I still make it happen? Yes, but really have to contort a bit and try. It's fast approaching the same likelihood as "a stick jabbed into the loading port and pushed one of the shell catches and I dumped the whole mag!" Okay, maybe not quite that unlikely, but still...

I don't think the medium-height variant offers much of any advantage over the low-pro - you can still push down inside the "fence" to do it, but both provide equal protection against an angular whack or blow from anything larger than the head of the lever itself.

The full-cage style would be viable for anyone not quite comfortable with the still-small possibility, but I like the clean install of the low-pro better. If that's the situation, the Aridus lever/cage is probably going to be the way to go!

Thanks again Tom - and everyone else who's discussed, brainstormed, tested, and otherwise contributed - but especially Tom for taking the initiative to crank out parts.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I thought everyone thought the 1301 recoiled like a carbine and that was one of the big features of the gun? Say it isn't so...as I still haven't shot one yet.
    You could always install the Beretta Kick-Off system. I did and love it. Well worth the cost IMO. I've fired a few boxes of Brenneke Black Magic Magnum's in a single day at the range and my shoulder was just fine.

Took the 1301 to the range today. I purchased and received the Aridus shell carrier and was able to put it through its paces. Overall very happy with it. Being a lefty, my transitions are a little slow in the removal and replacing of the carrier but I like having 6 shells on board. The piece is rock solid. If I am not able to get smooth with the transitions, I would have no problem just leaving the carrier in place and using it as is.

I also let a few other associates run Tom's three different "doohickey's" and the overwhelming choice was the minimal shroud. Most said it looked like it belonged on the gun and no one was able to induce a malfunction. I also added a Streamlight "Remington 870" light mount which gives you the ability to run a light at 3, 6, or 9 o'clock. I can run a Surefire X300B or a Streetlight Protac or TLR-1 or any other variant and run a tape switch for activation. The Streamlight mount can be had on amazon for $16
    Last edited by Crusader8207; 06-04-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Took the 1301 to the range today. I purchased and received the Aridus shell carrier and was able to put it through its paces. Overall very happy with it. Being a lefty, my transitions are a little slow in the removal and replacing of the carrier but I like having 6 shells on board. The piece is rock solid. If I am not able to get smooth with the transitions, I would have no problem just leaving the carrier in place and using it as is.

I also let a few other associates run Tom's three different "doohickey's" and the overwhelming choice was the minimal shroud. Most said it looked like it belonged on the gun and no one was able to induce a malfunction. I also added a Streamlight "Remington 870" light mount which gives you the ability to run a light at 3, 6, or 9 o'clock. I can run a Surefire X300B or a Streetlight Protac or TLR-1 or any other variant and run a tape switch for activation. The Streamlight mount can be had on amazon for $16
    Honestly, the minimal shroud, especially in black, is almost a piece of art. It's everything you need, nothing you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post

I've been playing with the Q-DC left handed and think I've got a decent method. Definitely not as good as right handed, but then again I don't have countless reps with it either. I'll keep playing with it and try to get a video soon.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
    You could always install the Beretta Kick-Off system. I did and love it. Well worth the cost IMO. I've fired a few boxes of Brenneke Black Magic Magnum's in a single day at the range and my shoulder was just fine.
    Which one did you buy for the 1301?
    Last edited by gqllc007; 06-05-2016 at 06:00 PM.

User Tag List