Page 101 of 678 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

It's with noting that the 1301 is considerably lighter than an 870
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I've got a lot of time in behind SGs & the 1301 surprised me out of the gate by belting me harder than my 870s! Part of it was due to the out of the box LOP just being too short for my Gorilla length arms, but the stock recoil pad is a torture device! Threw a Limbsaver on there and its delightful now - feels more like shooting a 20.
    The limbsaver is an excellent recommendation - definitely going to get one before any more live fire occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    The limbsaver is an excellent recommendation - definitely going to get one before any more live fire occurs.
    I thought everyone thought the 1301 recoiled like a carbine and that was one of the big features of the gun? Say it isn't so...as I still haven't shot one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I thought everyone thought the 1301 recoiled like a carbine and that was one of the big features of the gun? Say it isn't so...as I still haven't shot one yet.
    It seems both subjective as well as ammo dependent.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    It's possible that it was my poor technique, the ammo, the gun or a combination thereof. This is only my second outing with the 1301 and probably only my third or fourth time shooting a shotgun, period, so this is admittedly a pretty small experience/data set to pick from.

In a my defense, however, I will say shooting the shotgun came on the back of shooting some 300 blk and 5.56 and it definitely didn't feel like a carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have a bunch of professionally 3D printed (laser sintered nylon) parts -- just shrouds that are used with the OEM bolt release lever as opposed to the Aridus product which is both a shroud and replacement lever -- that I intend to sell (in a couple of different configurations) as well. I don't have a website set up yet but I should be able to take and ship orders early next week.
    Will you let us know here when these are available to purchase?
    Last edited by JD1911; 06-03-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Absolutely! It should be this weekend (or Monday at the latest).
    Outstanding, Thank You!

Read more about this shroud and lever debacle...my god. Beretta has been selling m1014, m1, and m2s for decades. Why couldn't they just use THAT design? This seems...absurd.

My watch commander has one of these and I'm not a fan of it. Apparently his has a plastic receiver rail. I found the stock way to long when trying to shoulder the gun while wearing my armor under my uniform. Add that to the issues with the button on the side of the receiver, I'll pass.

I'll keep things simple with my 870 and my retired M1S90, which I managed to not ever accidentally hit the button on the side of the receiver.

Once again, thanks for helping me avoid this one.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    My watch commander has one of these and I'm not a fan of it. Apparently his has a plastic receiver rail. I found the stock way to long when trying to shoulder the gun while wearing my armor under my uniform. Add that to the issues with the button on the side of the receiver, I'll pass.

I'll keep things simple with my 870 and my retired M1S90, which I managed to not ever accidentally hit the button on the side of the receiver.

Once again, thanks for helping me avoid this one.

JR1572
    The stock is too long on the 1301, but not the m1? Thay doesn't add up. What stock is on your m1?

User Tag List