Page 496 of 678 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I am planning on getting the XS front sight:
    https://xssights.com/standard-dot-sh...-beretta-1301/

Any other suggestions before I do? Would consider FO without a tritium insert if there is something out there I am not seeing.
    I have the Blitzkreig front sight on my guns, but that one would work just fine as well.

Do yourself a favor and get a 5.5mm midget wrench with a box end to use on the locking nut. It will make your life much, much simpler. The bike spoke style wrenches work, but kind of suck for getting at that locking nut.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-02-2021 at 01:26 PM.
    3/15/2016

Thanks for that, I like that a lot!
    I have some "ignition" wrenches, from back when automotive ignitions were something that required wrenches instead of keyboards, I will check to see if one fits...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I have the Blitzkreig front sight on my guns, but that one would work just fine as well.

Do yourself a favor and get a 5.5mm midget wrench with a box end to use on the locking nut. It will make your life much, much simpler. The bike spoke style wrenches work, but kind of suck for getting at that locking nut.

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    I probably wouldn’t use the word expert to describe my experience, but I have used the velcro setup a few times and can share my experiences.

I have not had issues with any corrosion on the guns I have used the velcro on. Bath have factory finishes.

You can remove the velcro if you decide you don’t like it. It can take some effort though. Not sure what it would do to a cerekote finish. I don’t have much experience with cerekote at all, so not sure how that might go.

Match the size of the strip of velcro to the cards you plan on using. Be sure to accommodate any pins in the receiver that might need to be removed for maintenance. Clean the surface of the receiver really well (I use alcohol). Apply velcro like a decal you want to be really straight. I usually put some weight on top of the velcro for 10-15 minutes after applied. Not sure if it actually helps though.

Good luck.
    Well, this sounds like expert advice, so I’ll take it. Thanks so much… 👍

The receiver is anodized aluminum. Unless you break through the anodization, it's not going to corrode. To get proper adhesion you need to degrease the flat of the receiver with something like high concentration isopropyl alcohol (99.9% is readily available) which will not only help remove grease, oil, and other contaminants but will get rid of water, too.

The glue on the velcro won't remove the layer of anodizing on the surface of the metal.

It isn't likely to remove cerakote either...but if you want to be sure you can apply a heat gun to soften the adhesive and remove it easily.

Take a piece of cardboard and cut out a template of the receiver. Make sure you leave room for the trigger plate pin to be removed.

Cut a section of the loop material to match the cardboard template.

Degrease the flat of the receiver thoroughly. I usually give it a good wiping down with isopropyl alcohol and call that good. You can go the extra mile with some Dawn dish soap and water, then dry, then hit it with isopropyl alcohol if you want.

Then peel the backer off your velcro section and apply.
    Attachment 80790
    Thank you, kind sir. 👍
    If I didn’t brain fart so much, I’d have remembered the receiver is anodized aluminum, duh… 🤓 I feel better about adding this now.

Bozo Of The Year Award Goes To???

So, I put the wrong Velcro side on the receiver, and had to rip it off. It took the Cerakote right off with it. 🤬 I guess I’m married to the notion of a side saddle after all, LOL. Oh well…
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    So, I put the wrong Velcro side on the receiver, and had to rip it off. It took the Cerakote right off with it. 🤬 I guess I’m married to the notion of a side saddle after all, LOL. Oh well…
    OUCH!

I've never been convinced the 1301 coatings were Cerakote, I believe it is some in house coating they do.
    The 1301 is ... the honey badger of semi-auto shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimojo45 View Post
    OUCH!

I've never been convinced the 1301 coatings were Cerakote, I believe it is some in house coating they do.
    I'm gonna say no based on that result, also. Cerakote should basically require abrasive blasting to come loose, paint strippers won't touch it either.

I just learned about this thing from a TFB article of someone putting it on a PC Carbine but I wonder if it'd seamlessly match up to an Aridus or GG&G for a really unique look on the 1301: https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/conte...ck-381562j79zz

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    I just learned about this thing from a TFB article of someone putting it on a PC Carbine but I wonder if it'd seamlessly match up to an Aridus or GG&G for a really unique look on the 1301: https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/conte...ck-381562j79zz
    What would it gain you besides looking strange? I could hang Christmas ornaments on my 1301T for a really unique look but how would it help improve the performance? Maybe if you wanted your 1301 to be strictly a 100+ yard slug gun, but even then I personally don't really see any advantage to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    What would it gain you besides looking strange? I could hang Christmas ornaments on my 1301T for a really unique look but how would it help improve the performance? Maybe if you wanted your 1301 to be strictly a 100+ yard slug gun, but even then I personally don't really see any advantage to it.
    That's not the only stock option they sell. There's a version in the "customizer" that offers left and right thumbhole options as well, which is definitely something new, and you can get a walnut stock instead of laminated wood. Some people dig that. vOv

As for the nightmare above showing the wearing-off of the finish...looking forward to the TFB "update" video when James has to eventually take the Velcro off his ODG 1301, if only to replace it. Glad I went with basic bitch black. >.>
    Last edited by destruya; 12-04-2021 at 11:55 AM.

User Tag List