Page 495 of 678 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Help experienced experts here… 😳 I bought two Vang Comp side saddle shell holders and now I’m getting cold feet about putting the Velcro backing on my 1301 Tac. Here’s my concerns:
    1. Will moisture be trapped under the stick on Velcro strip and cause corrosion down the line?
    2. If I don’t like the whole side saddle solution, can I remove the Velcro strip without damaging the receiver metal or even the Cerakote?
    3. If I decide to stick the Velcro strip on the receiver, are there any tips to do it right?
    Thanks in advance…
    TimAttachment 80777
    I probably wouldn’t use the word expert to describe my experience, but I have used the velcro setup a few times and can share my experiences.

I have not had issues with any corrosion on the guns I have used the velcro on. Bath have factory finishes.

You can remove the velcro if you decide you don’t like it. It can take some effort though. Not sure what it would do to a cerekote finish. I don’t have much experience with cerekote at all, so not sure how that might go.

Match the size of the strip of velcro to the cards you plan on using. Be sure to accommodate any pins in the receiver that might need to be removed for maintenance. Clean the surface of the receiver really well (I use alcohol). Apply velcro like a decal you want to be really straight. I usually put some weight on top of the velcro for 10-15 minutes after applied. Not sure if it actually helps though.

Good luck.

Enos review on latest 1301 — some compatibility issues:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...ersion-review/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I think the Mesa stock is dogshit on the 1301. But people are still intent on buying it.

You are way better off with the standard stock or getting a Magpul SGA on it.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    1. Will moisture be trapped under the stick on Velcro strip and cause corrosion down the line?
    The receiver is anodized aluminum. Unless you break through the anodization, it's not going to corrode. To get proper adhesion you need to degrease the flat of the receiver with something like high concentration isopropyl alcohol (99.9% is readily available) which will not only help remove grease, oil, and other contaminants but will get rid of water, too.

2. If I don’t like the whole side saddle solution, can I remove the Velcro strip without damaging the receiver metal or even the Cerakote?
    The glue on the velcro won't remove the layer of anodizing on the surface of the metal.

It isn't likely to remove cerakote either...but if you want to be sure you can apply a heat gun to soften the adhesive and remove it easily.

3. If I decide to stick the Velcro strip on the receiver, are there any tips to do it right?
    Take a piece of cardboard and cut out a template of the receiver. Make sure you leave room for the trigger plate pin to be removed.

Cut a section of the loop material to match the cardboard template.

Degrease the flat of the receiver thoroughly. I usually give it a good wiping down with isopropyl alcohol and call that good. You can go the extra mile with some Dawn dish soap and water, then dry, then hit it with isopropyl alcohol if you want.

Then peel the backer off your velcro section and apply.
    Name:  vang.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  69.3 KB
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-02-2021 at 09:02 AM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    He is correct about the clamp and lack of clamp options, but not so much about the GG&G compatibility:
    Name:  GGnG.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  13.3 KB

I bought the GG&G loops before I even took the thing apart, and at first wondered if it was gonna work, because it didn't seem to want to go on. In the end I would say it might be a better fit because it had to go on straight and I had to slide it down carefully, but the net is a nice tight fit:
    Name:  MMc GGnG.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  61.5 KB
    I would figure any of their other products should fit on the new tube (that should be the same diameter of the old tube, just longer), but the ID of the GG&G part was snug enough product variation (tube or sling loop) could be a problem.

And I did not want the pistol grip stock because of all the reps I have on my 391, and this does reinforce my decision. I actually paid a couple hundred extra not to get it, Botach had a smoking deal on them. It would have been a good option for someone who planned the Magpul conversion, I just want mine to be as much like my 391 as possible. Though when I took mine apart to put the rear GG&G loop on the cast was set wrong, so I am glad I had it open (and the lock washer is laying on the bench, so I need to open it again...).

His other complaints about the weight and slots in the forend and rear sling attachment are all things that were inherit to the prior version. Though I do think my forend might end up with some holes in it before I am finished farting around.

Since they changed the design to fix the well-known feeding problem…
    Huh?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Huh?
    I was more focused on the magazine tube compatibility issue.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was more focused on the magazine tube compatibility issue.
    The quoted part is what jumped out at me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The quoted part is what jumped out at me.
    Same. Doesn’t exactly lend credibility to the whole write-up when leading off with obvious factual inaccuracy.
    Or maybe just a poor summary of the old non-shrouded shell release button.

I am planning on getting the XS front sight:
    https://xssights.com/standard-dot-sh...-beretta-1301/

Any other suggestions before I do? Would consider FO without a tritium insert if there is something out there I am not seeing.

User Tag List