Page 449 of 675 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6746

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I'm curious about the effectiveness and longevity of the wiring tape on the barrel. I've burned my fingers a few times on a hot barrel. I'll chip in for the aloe lotion if you'll touch test the bare portion versus the taped next session...
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I'm curious about the effectiveness and longevity of the wiring tape on the barrel. I've burned my fingers a few times on a hot barrel. I'll chip in for the aloe lotion if you'll touch test the bare portion versus the taped next session...
    Since we've already both been there/done that I'm not sure a repeat is necessary, lol. If the tape fails I'll just come up with another idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    You can probably take your horizontal grip down further if needed.

.25” or more to minimize width.
    Your suggestion caused me to reconsider my earlier reply. Plus I wanted to make the whole thing a bit less butt-ugly.
    I shorted it up some more and gave it a little angle for extra tacticool points and then noted how thick the walls of the grip actually were. This gave me some material to work with so I ground down the top section to give my thumb so more room to reach. It works better now and doesn't require as much effort to hit the toggle switch.
    It's still kind of ugly, but maybe now it's a cool ugly versus the exploding hernia it was.

I love a good experiment, and pleased to hear about the difference the your handstop makes in push-pull technique.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    tacticool points given.

looks much better and hey if it works (to improve follow up shots and keeping your from getting burned) A+ for creative thinking.

now if you could store and retain a single slug round in the hole.... thats the ticket (HA... just kidding)
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Attachment 77353

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

One more mod to finish it off as I never know when to quit, lol.

I still wasn't totally happy with activating the light toggle so I decided to add an extension to it. I pondered multiple ways to accomplish this with reliability being my primary concern. I finally settled on using epoxy putty with screws inside it to fully anchor it in place, molding the epoxy around the screws. Now it's perfect if not exactly sexy.
    Try not to drool on your keyboards... [emoji23]

I still wasn't totally happy with activating the light toggle so I decided to add an extension to it. I pondered multiple ways to accomplish this with reliability being my primary concern. I finally settled on using epoxy putty with screws inside it to fully anchor it in place, molding the epoxy around the screws. Now it's perfect if not exactly sexy.
    we are in the same boat. I have a 92LTT and extremely large hands and long fingers. My thumb was ever so slightly catching the slide stop and preventing slide lock.

I looked for thicker grips as I felt the factory LTT grip was thinned in the thumb area. But I liked the grip....so I went GearFondler method and it worked. I little dab (blk RTV) will do ya. Just enough to reposition my thumb.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Beretta

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Looks like Beretta is reintroducing the TX-4 Storm, under the name "1301 Tactical:"

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...tical-shotgun/
    Need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    But I liked the grip....so I went GearFondler method and it worked. I little dab (blk RTV) will do ya. Just enough to reposition my thumb.
    I did something similar when making the move from a thumbs forward to thumbs high grip. I did a class at Thunder Ranch with this grip panel and 1000 rounds. It only took a week of immediate painful correction to fix my grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

While it certainly looks like you have self-done modifications well in hand, I'd be remiss in not posting this for those who might wish to follow your lead who aren't as patient with remolding plastic: https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop...-wml-switches/

The TLR-1 HL kit comes with a "one long, one short" and "two long" switches to replace the stock switches.

Also, glad I found this forum - I'm picking up my Gen 2 1301T tonight. Also waiting on my Aridus adapter from the Big Tex drop but it's been annoyingly delayed going through Houston for what I can only assume are weather-related reasons. =/

Does anyone know if the stock +2 extension on the former Gen 2s is the Nordic part, or is it some Beretta-approved knockoff? I know I have a Gen 2, not a new "Gen 2.1."

User Tag List