Page 445 of 454 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4538

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

  1. #4441
    @Olong and @UNK



    I have no dog in the 922R fight and I don't work for Beretta. I only passed on information provided to me via an Instagram post. I took it no further than that. If anyone wants to determine the details of how Beretta is doing this, I suggest contacting Beretta.

  2. #4442
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    @Olong and @UNK



    I have no dog in the 922R fight and I don't work for Beretta. I only passed on information provided to me via an Instagram post. I took it no further than that. If anyone wants to determine the details of how Beretta is doing this, I suggest contacting Beretta.
    Good info Inkwell thanks for posting it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    What is Woke? Thats malicious bullying shrouded in virtue.

  3. #4443

  4. #4444
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Arizona

    you are a hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farstriker View Post
    my hero.

  5. #4445
    Member Greg Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middle Georiga
    I installed my Crom mount (with Haught mod) and a 6.5 MOA RMR I got for cheap. I got it zeroed at 50 Yards with Ranger Low Recoil Slugs and it patterned perfectly at 30 feet and still sub paper plate and dead on at 25 yards. This thing is DEFINITELY my favorite shotgun ever (finally, my old 870 has slipped to second). I actually had a previous version of this shotgun about 10 years ago and a benelli super 90 but this thing is amazing. Not only is it super fast, if feeds everything from fancy Buckshot to Wal Mart garbage gauge.

    Be forewarned. I probably should edit this down but I am too lazy tonight. LOL



  6. #4446
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I installed my Crom mount (with Haught mod) and a 6.5 MOA RMR I got for cheap. I got it zeroed at 50 Yards with Ranger Low Recoil Slugs and it patterned perfectly at 30 feet and still sub paper plate and dead on at 25 yards. This thing is DEFINITELY my favorite shotgun ever (finally, my old 870 has slipped to second). I actually had a previous version of this shotgun about 10 years ago and a benelli super 90 but this thing is amazing. Not only is it super fast, if feeds everything from fancy Buckshot to Wal Mart garbage gauge.

    Be forewarned. I probably should edit this down but I am too lazy tonight. LOL


    I enjoyed it and your channel. 100% right about forum discussions. We both hail from a different forum and it eventually did get to the point (for me) that I was like “Why bother? It’s an echo chamber and talking down to people is the norm. We know everything and there’s nothing new worth discussing.” I’ll get off my soapbox and just say I enjoyed your content and humor.
    God Bless,

    Brandon

  7. #4447
    So, here is my 391 Xtreama. I bought it with the intent of doing some waterfowl hunting that I never did, but I have shot a bunch of skeet and sporting clays targets and a handful of birds. But I started doing three gun a year or so ago and started throwing parts at it, and then I started grinding on it, then I drilled holes in it. So this is how you start with a gun you paid $1000 for and make it worth about $500 by adding $600 in accessories and grinding on it for maybe ten hours in order to save fifteen seconds a month:

    Name:  MMc 391 3gun.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  24.5 KB

    It is a 28" gun that has:
    +6 Nordic Tube
    Beretta Bolt Release
    Briley Bolt Handle
    LPA Sights
    Nordic (red) Follower (the factory follower, with a hole in it, did look a lot like the base of a shell)
    Briley Cokes: CYL, LM & IM

    But the main modification is grinding the loading port, this obviously detracts from the resale value, but I figure that is my wife's problem:

    Name:  Loading Port.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  45.7 KB

    This would be a crappy job if it were professionally done, but I am fairly happy with it for having done it myself. It is asymmetrical because the serial number on the receiver is in the way, but the angle I will be holding it at should not be a big deal, and I am not all that fast at it (yet?...) anyway. The gray dot is where I kept trying to grind out a nick, until I figured out there was are weight reduction voids in the casting, so I drilled it out to make it a little rounder and filled it with JB Weld. All of this is the facilitate the quad/twin (probably just twins for me, short fingers) loading methods that are really, IMO, shenanigans but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

    The LPA sights also required drilling three holes in the receiver, but if I ever remove them the gun will still be perfectly functional. I also took advantage of the adjustment in the stock, and I raised it back up to the higher position so now I am in a pretty good spot behind the higher sights.

    I drifted my way through three Nordic tubes and tried it with and without the clamp. I think the Extreama is not exactly the same as the 3" guns, but I had a tube that held total 9+1, and this was nice because preloading for division capacity (nine) meant I could fill the tube and when I got to the line I could chamber a round without adding a Barney Bullet. But then I tried a slightly shorter tube that gave me 8+1, because the thing feels so different (I have probably fired 10k through the gun) with the tube. But the very next match the organizers called an audible and suspended my 9+1 limit for that day. Plus one technique is to top off after the beep so you can maybe keep the gun mounted and complete the stage. So now I have the +6 that runs all of the way to the end of the barrel. I also struggled with the clamp, it is heavy way out there, and does pull the tube out of alignment. The first time I used it with the +6 the follow jammed up while I was preloading, and I had to scurry around and get a wrench to take it off before it was my turn. So I moved the clamp farther back, but then it was shifting, so I dabbed a little blue thread locker under it (it was handy, RTV would be a better solution), but I decided to just take it off so I need to clean up the residue.

    I have been participating in this thread, sorta like the guy with the metric cruiser bike at the back of the group of his friends on Harleys, but thought I might post some pics. I will get a 1301T someday...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-14-2021 at 08:01 AM.

  8. #4448
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...l-shotgun/amp/

    We are proud to introduce the newest additions to the Beretta 1301 Family. We have heard the feedback from our customers and spent the time to determine how to make the 1301 Tactical 922(R) compliant and offer our customers the magazine capacity that they have been requesting for years with a factory 7+1 capacity magazine tube and a new MLok compatible barrel clamp with dual integral QD Sling swivels. The new pistol grip offering with a Mesa Tactical pistol grip stock allows for greater control and easier manipulation at the user level. We are very excited to bring these new offerings to the market,” Erik Stern, Tactical and Pro Shop Product Manager, said.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    What is Woke? Thats malicious bullying shrouded in virtue.

  9. #4449
    Likes Marmite Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    ^^^this is an excellent development.

    Thanks @e_stern!
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  10. #4450
    Site Supporter rob_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE FL
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...l-shotgun/amp/

    We are proud to introduce the newest additions to the Beretta 1301 Family. We have heard the feedback from our customers and spent the time to determine how to make the 1301 Tactical 922(R) compliant and offer our customers the magazine capacity that they have been requesting for years with a factory 7+1 capacity magazine tube and a new MLok compatible barrel clamp with dual integral QD Sling swivels. The new pistol grip offering with a Mesa Tactical pistol grip stock allows for greater control and easier manipulation at the user level. We are very excited to bring these new offerings to the market,” Erik Stern, Tactical and Pro Shop Product Manager, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ^^^this is an excellent development.

    Thanks @e_stern!
    Totally agree!

    The older I get, the less fiddle-fart I want, and the happier I am with products that offer me a turn-key solution.

    I’m just not that special.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •