Page 167 of 680 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Beretta 1301 Tactical

I am looking forward to the Aimpoint S1 coming out.

This, if works as expected and robust, would cause me to buy the 1301 - 21 inch comp model.

http://us.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-micro-s-1/

http://us.aimpoint.com/fileadmin/use...1_845B4048.jpg

It would be interesting to compare which one sets the optic lower.

I just like not having the top of the receiver near the ejection port blocked with an optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Doug; 05-29-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Going to make more?

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post
    Here is the light mount I made.. just wanted to kick the button back a bit... and keep the light as close to the barrel as possible..

Attachment 16959

Attachment 16960

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Going to make more?
    unlikely.. it was easy enough to make that if someone wanted one they could bang it out for under 10 bucks with a dremel and some patience..

All I did was buy a piece of angle iron (I think it was 1/2in steel)
    measure it out to where I wanted it
    line it up with the mount and scratch a mark drill your holes
    then just shaped out the metal.. rounding out the corners and all that..

sand.. prep for for finishing.. then coating..

it took longer than it should have... but it was a lazy afternoon with nothing else to do..

the same principle would work with other lights as well.. just need to pick the right rings and measure it out..
    Last edited by vladtepes; 05-29-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You can order one of mine here: http://taudevgroup.com/1301

It doesn't change anything about the gun and has no drawbacks, other than not being free and except you'll no longer be able to unload the mag tube by pushing the rear of the bolt release lever (on the full coverage model, on the low profile you can still do it if you have sufficiently skinny fingers -- it just requires a very deliberate act and is something that is essentially impossible to do on accident). I always unload by reaching into the loading port and pushing the shell stop out of the way anyhow.

thank you for the info.. with all due respect to Beretta I would rather spend a few bucks on one that has been out and is known to work VS waiting for them to maybe release a fix that may or may not work well... will probably add this to my gun to avoid ever experiencing the issue..

Now I have to get a gen 1 1301, so I have a place to stick a taudev shroud.

So far the SCD has cost me three pistols, the TDS might as well cost me a long gun.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Hi Guys. I bought a 1301 tactical about 6 months ago. I shot a few three inches shells out of it today. Afterwards I looked inside the chamber and to me it looked like some of the metal had chipped in there. I'm not sure what it looked like before, and can't find any pics of the chamber on Google. It did shoot fine afterwards, so I assume it's normal. But I had to ask... It's bugging the snot out of me.

Name:  IMAG1432.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  26.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Much appreciated.

The bad news is the I had hoped I might be able to pull off my own mold for the stock adapter, but the final design is too difficult.

The good news is that it'll be much faster to develop and finalize a machined aluminum one. With the machine time it'll probably be a bit more expensive than I wanted it to be, but I'm going to package it with the stock... that way I can make a little on the stock so I can afford to make less on the adapter, and be able to offer everything cheaper that way.
    I already own the stock... Is there any possibility of you offering just the adapter? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guizan View Post
    Hi Guys. I bought a 1301 tactical about 6 months ago. I shot a few three inches shells out of it today. Afterwards I looked inside the chamber and to me it looked like some of the metal had chipped in there. I'm not sure what it looked like before, and can't find any pics of the chamber on Google. It did shoot fine afterwards, so I assume it's normal. But I had to ask... It's bugging the snot out of me.

Name:  IMAG1432.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  26.1 KB
    Compared it to mine, and it looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekO View Post
    I already own the stock... Is there any possibility of you offering just the adapter? Thanks
    Yeah the adapter will be offered on its own as well, it'll just be a bit more expensive (and more accurately reflect the machine time on it). One factor, which I'm coming to terms with, is the acceptability of certain toolmarks, especially if they are "artistic." One of the best examples I've seen of this recently is on the ALG glock magwell. They don't have a crazy amount of machine time in them to have a perfect contour. Instead they use a ball endmill and much larger stepdowns. There are bumps, lines, and toolmarks, but it still looks fine and keeps the price from being absurd.

Finding the sweet spot of the correct size ball endmill with the correct stepdown to make it look and feel good while having reasonable machine time will be the tricky part. I have a price point in mind I'd like to try and stay at or under, so I know what I need to keep the machine time to be under, so if I can get something that looks and feels good AND falls within those parameters, all will be good!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

That's good to hear, thanks for the reply. I for one could care less about tool marks as long as it's functional and allows the mounting of the stock to the weapon.

User Tag List