Page 3 of 675 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    I was not able to fire the gun at SHOT to verify. However, the Beretta employee who claimed to know said that when you fire the gun a round comes out of the magazine on to the lifter, thus blocking putting anything else in the magazine tube until the gun is empty. We discussed this at length.

Perhaps Doc Roberts can take his new 1301 out and see just what the truth is.
    I saw a few people using the 1301 Comp at the Rock Castle Pro Am this year, and none of them worked this way. Unless the tactical model operating system is different, there is no problem loading shells with a partially empty gun.

With the TX-4, which I believe to be functionally the same as the 1301 Tactical, you can get a shell on the lifter my manually pushing the spring loaded latch at the rear of the action. That blocks the magazine. The reason I do that is so I can carry it condition 3, and only work the charging handle to load a round (otherwise from condition 3 you need to depress the spring loaded latch and work the handle). In normal operation, it is like a Benelli, where the action of firing releases a round from THE TUBE, not the lifter, leaving the magazine up encumbered for loading.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Perhaps it's when you pull the trigger that the next round jumps into the carrier vs jumping in as the bolt goes back?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Perhaps it's when you pull the trigger that the next round jumps into the carrier vs jumping in as the bolt goes back?
    Eh, you may be right.

Spoke to my buddy who shot one yesterday, bought by his GM pal for 3 Gun. No issues feeding the tube when partially full.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I think it is the A400, but it doesn't have the kick-off system.
    Well, that's a great selling point! My A400 Extreme is a 3.5" gun, but it'll even cycle through 2.75" 5/8oz target loads intended for double guns. That gas system is outstanding. Italian shotguns are kinda like German pistols!

Please excuse my ignorance,besides the price difference why this gun as compared to a M4?

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance,besides the price difference why this gun as compared to a M4?
    Weighs about two pounds less, more reliable with a range of loads, far better stock/sight/rail design. Faster cycling, too.

Beretta 1301 Tactical

I bought a 1301 on GJMs advice and it came in the other day. It shoots soft and cycles everything I've fed it from light dove/trap loads to slugs and even a mixed bag of some ancient stuff I've had lying around for over 15 years. I've owned a few Benelli social shotguns and the reason I got rid of them is they have all been ammunition finicky, especially with lighter loads.

Another reason I went with Beretta is that I have friends who go dove hunting in Argentina where it's common to shoot 1000s of rounds a day bird hunting. According to my buddy, the loaner guns are all Berettas. When asked why their guides said that after trying various models they have found Berettas to be the most reliable and durable semi autos out there.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 01-21-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Weighs about two pounds less, more reliable with a range of loads, far better stock/sight/rail design. Faster cycling, too.
    And in my opinion, a lot less felt recoil.

I have my 1301 Tactical with the 18" barrel and 5 round mag tube. The mag tube can definitely be topped up in any condition, fired or other wise as long as one knows how to operate the controls correctly. I had originally planned on getting a Versamax, but am quite pleased with the 1301--this new Beretta is nothing like the abysmal 1201. The 1301 is softer shooting than the Benelli M1/M2, but not quite as soft as the Versamax--however the Beretta is substantially lighter than the Versamax and is much quicker on target. The VersaMax has a larger loading port, but the lifter needs some work; the Beretta loads fine out of the box.

The only thing I am not digging is the difficulty in adding a good sling and light to the 1301, although Briley and Nordic have solutions I am hoping to try in the next week or so.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List