Page 472 of 675 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6750

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Beretta 1301 Gen 2 "improved" (Gen 3)

I may be late to the party but it looks like the newest iteration of the 1301 is assembled in the USA. Beretta isn't too far from me, I wonder if these new ones are stamped with TN instead of Italy. I guess people who buy this version will have a proprietary 7 shell magazine without having to change out a bunch of parts.

Interesting that if it's assembled in the USA, with what I presume are Italian parts, it's fine...

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/relea...c-5695e99e7883

It's not worth the trade in for me but I'm glad to see Beretta making moves.

EDIT

I went back a few pages (page 443) and found the answers. Receiver is marked Italy, parts are probably Italian, how it's compliant is a mystery.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 10-19-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    "Follow me!"

Talking to another buddy who owns a few 1301 Tacticals earlier today and we both commented on how much the factory follower looks like the end of a shotgun shell at a quick glance. That's kind of an issue if you think about it, I guess I'll add that to the list of reasons why you should change it out lol.

I ordered a GGG Magpul/Mossberg stock adaptor to compare with the Aridus that's on my 1301, and decided it was a no-go for me. The GGG adaptor adds about 1/2" to the grip-to-trigger dimension, and I do not like it.

I'll be selling the GGG adaptor.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Interesting that if it's assembled in the USA, with what I presume are Italian parts, it's fine...

EDIT

I went back a few pages (page 443) and found the answers. Receiver is marked Italy, parts are probably Italian, how it's compliant is a mystery.
    Mystey...yup. Beretta still has not publicly (that I've been able to find) explained specifically what they've done to achieve compliance.

If you read the text of 922(r) and related regs, the prohibited act is not to possess, use, transfer, etc., but to "assemble."
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    FWIW on 922r, I am pretty happy with the Briley trigger and it removes all debate. Not cheap, but cheap in comparison to the whole package/ammo.

[QUOTE=OlongJohnson;1278478]Mystey...yup. Beretta still has not publicly (that I've been able to find) explained specifically what they've done to achieve compliance.

If you read the text of 922(r) and related regs, the prohibited act is not to possess, use, transfer, etc., but to "assemble."[/QUOTE

Is there a difference in "assemble" and "manufacture"?

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    FWIW on 922r, I am pretty happy with the Briley trigger and it removes all debate. Not cheap, but cheap in comparison to the whole package/ammo.
    What does it cost, roughly? It's not a drop-in part right? I was thinking they had to install it.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Cāmara

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    What does it cost, roughly? It's not a drop-in part right? I was thinking they had to install it.
    https://www.briley.com/p-58887-beret...-triggers.aspx
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Mystey...yup. Beretta still has not publicly (that I've been able to find) explained specifically what they've done to achieve compliance.

If you read the text of 922(r) and related regs, the prohibited act is not to possess, use, transfer, etc., but to "assemble."
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    [QUOTE=beenalongtime;1278633]
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

If you read the text of 922(r) and related regs, the prohibited act is not to possess, use, transfer, etc., but to "assemble."[/QUOTE

Is there a difference in "assemble" and "manufacture"?

Where I'm coming from is not to point out whether or not the Gen 2+ is or isn't compliant. Beretta's lawyers I'm sure have been able to figure that out. I want the gen 2+ to exist because it means more freedom. What I want is more communication from Beretta, due to their specific maneuver around 922r with the gen 2+, about how customers of the Gen 1/2 can get to where the Gen 2+ is.

If the Gen 2+ is good because it's put together in the USA, okay. If it's good because XYZ parts have been swapped for ones made in TN, also okay. I'm not a lawyer or a fed so I can't really say what the hell 922r compliance means for this shotgun. I'm doing my best to be informed and to comply with what I believe is a stupid law.

My plan is to get the Briley hand guard and trigger down the road unless Freedom Fighter Tactical or GG&G enter the game and offer USA parts.

For now I think I'll email Beretta and see what they will tell me.

"Hello,

I've seen publications about the new Enhanced 1301 which adds an extended magazine tube and mount. The publications indicate that this new firearm is assembled in the USA. I am a Tennessee citizen and I would be interested a Beretta 1301 with a Tennessee roll mark. Are these new Enhanced 1301 shotguns now made in TN with USA parts? Also, will any of the parts that make the Enhanced 1301 different from my Gen 2 1301 Marine be offered for sale?

Thank you for your time!"
    Last edited by trajiiic; 10-20-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    "Follow me!"

Site Supporter
    I understand the best practice of being above board in terms of 922 compliance, but has anyone ever been busted for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List