Page 362 of 675 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    How do you like the LEO adapter? Can you possibly give a comparison to the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock? For some reason I really like pistol grip stocked shotguns and haven't seen any feedback on how this stock adapter works. I'm also starting to wonder if you can add a folding stock with a Law folder or picatinny adapter to the buffer tube threads... because why not?
    I can actually. I have been using the Mesa Tactical products for a while. I have an 870 that I have used both the LEO adapter as well as the Urbino and before running the Aridus/Magpull stock I had an Urbino on the 1301. I too prefer a pistol grip shotgun as opposed to a regular stock as I feel I have more control of the shotgun. The biggest advantage of the LEO adapter is that it is very simple to adjust LOP depending on if you are wearing body armor or not. The Urbino does not have the adjustments except for slimmer butt pads and an adjustable cheek riser. I like the Urbino but find it to be a little cumbersome compared to the LEO adapter. The Magpul you can add or remove spacers, but it's not something you can do on the fly. The other thing I have and like with the LEO adapter is the hydraulic buffer tube as it acts like a shock absorber reducing recoil. In regards to the Law Folder, I don't see why it wouldn't work. It would add a little extra length to the stock but being able to adjust it, it shouldn't be a problem. I do not have any experience with the picatinny adapters, so I can not offer up an opinion.

Mike
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I can actually. I have been using the Mesa Tactical products for a while. I have an 870 that I have used both the LEO adapter as well as the Urbino and before running the Aridus/Magpull stock I had an Urbino on the 1301. I too prefer a pistol grip shotgun as opposed to a regular stock as I feel I have more control of the shotgun. The biggest advantage of the LEO adapter is that it is very simple to adjust LOP depending on if you are wearing body armor or not. The Urbino does not have the adjustments except for slimmer butt pads and an adjustable cheek riser. I like the Urbino but find it to be a little cumbersome compared to the LEO adapter. The Magpul you can add or remove spacers, but it's not something you can do on the fly. The other thing I have and like with the LEO adapter is the hydraulic buffer tube as it acts like a shock absorber reducing recoil. In regards to the Law Folder, I don't see why it wouldn't work. It would add a little extra length to the stock but being able to adjust it, it shouldn't be a problem. I do not have any experience with the picatinny adapters, so I can not offer up an opinion.

Mike

Thanks for your reply. My experience with the Urbino has been good. I agree with the more greater level of control with a pistol grip stock, especially when rotating the gun to reload. The Urbino grip is my biggest complaint since it's gigantic compared to the size of AR grip I'm used to and the LEO adapter would fix that.

It looks like you have a CROM on the 1301. Have you found the cheek height to work with the LEO adapter and the red dot height?

I also think the BTFA folding stock adapter could be my best bet to try out a folding stock on the 1301. Once I get some funds freed up I'll try the new stock setup!

Quote Originally Posted by dfeder530 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. My experience with the Urbino has been good. I agree with the more greater level of control with a pistol grip stock, especially when rotating the gun to reload. The Urbino grip is my biggest complaint since it's gigantic compared to the size of AR grip I'm used to and the LEO adapter would fix that.

It looks like you have a CROM on the 1301. Have you found the cheek height to work with the LEO adapter and the red dot height?

I also think the BTFA folding stock adapter could be my best bet to try out a folding stock on the 1301. Once I get some funds freed up I'll try the new stock setup!
    I do have the CROM and can give you a full report tomorrow after I take it to the range. With that being said, I have a bore sighter and have lined up POA/POI and the cheek weld seems spot on. I'm looking forward to range day tomorrow.
    www.hero911.org

28” A400 next to a 1301 with Salvo12 (8” config)
    Name:  18967368-66A5-47C3-B3BF-72E2BDC15911.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  47.3 KB

I haven’t even fired the 1301 yet, but have shot dove with the A400 and Salvo. It definitely required some learning, but wasn’t too bad. Still need to decide which firearm to rob an Aimpoint from, since I haven’t found a suitable H1/H2 second-hand yet.

@ dfeder530 I went to the range today with both guns. Ran some Hornady TAP 8 pellet low recoil through both as well as Hornady Critical Defense 8 pellet 1600 ft/s. The Tac13 wouldn't spit out the TAP shells but did fine with the Critical Defense. The 1301 ate everything I fed to it. I really liked the Mesa stock, the hydraulic buffer tube absorbed the shock nicely. The cheek weld put my eye right in line with the Holosun red dot on the CROM. Very happy with the setup.
    www.hero911.org

I would like to place a wood stocks on my 1301 Competition model (12 ga.).

I believe the 1301 shares a common structure with the A400, correct? Does anyone know which is the A400 model that would have a compatible fore-end with the 1301 Competition? I found a butt stock that works on Ebay of all places. There seem to be several variants of the A400 and Beretta stocks are not cheap! I want to get this right the first time.
    My apologies to weasels.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'd start looking for one that uses this part:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/C5F172

Or you might need to change to the standard A400 mag tube and lose a round of capacity:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/C5E596

I mocked up an A400 Lite 28-in barrel on my 1301 last weekend, and it needs the spacer (as @e_stern indicated it would) because the mag tube and forend are longer. Maybe Erik can come in here and straighten this out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I would like to place a wood stocks on my 1301 Competition model (12 ga.).

I believe the 1301 shares a common structure with the A400, correct? Does anyone know which is the A400 model that would have a compatible fore-end with the 1301 Competition? I found a butt stock that works on Ebay of all places. There seem to be several variants of the A400 and Beretta stocks are not cheap! I want to get this right the first time.
    Using the Aridus adapter should let you use any Mossberg stock.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

That sounds like a pretty good solution. I actually have a wood A400 butt stock already, it's the fore-end compatibility with a Competition 1301 I was curious about. There sure seems to be a lot of marketing names for the A400s; to the point I am nervous about springing for one without being better informed. Thanks anyway.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    That sounds like a pretty good solution. I actually have a wood A400 butt stock already, it's the fore-end compatibility with a Competition 1301 I was curious about. There sure seems to be a lot of marketing names for the A400s; to the point I am nervous about springing for one without being better informed. Thanks anyway.
    I really hope you find what works, because a wood stock 1301 is something I really want to see pictures of. A 1301 tac would be awesome to see wood stocked, but a 1301 comp would be cool too.

User Tag List