Page 49 of 678 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Can someone explain what the issue is with the 1301's shell release?
    Long story short, if you depress it whilst the gun is loaded with shells in the mag tube, 2 shells will be released onto the lifter effectively shutting down the gun. It is not an easy situation to remedy & would be bad juju in a fight.

With the Comfortech stock on the M2, I frankly don't notice a material difference in recoil between the 1301 and M2. That said, the way I use my M2, recoil is pretty low down on my list. Here she is:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With the Comfortech stock on the M2, I frankly don't notice a material difference in recoil between the 1301 and M2. That said, the way I use my M2, recoil is pretty low down on my list. Here she is:

That thing is glorious
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With the Comfortech stock on the M2,
    Due to my wrist issues (too many years of throwing right hooks with poor technique) I have to have a pistol gripped stock.
    Preferably a Mesa Tactical w/Limbsaver.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Due to my wrist issues (too many years of throwing right hooks with poor technique) I have to have a pistol gripped stock.
    Preferably a Mesa Tactical w/Limbsaver.
    Is the angle of the Magpul stocks (obviously not compatible with the M2) usable, or does it need to be straighter? Just curious, my wrists prefer a more vertical angle as well.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

GJM,

I love the short barrel with the vent rib.

Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the explanation about the issues with the 1301. It makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Is the angle of the Magpul stocks (obviously not compatible with the M2) usable, or does it need to be straighter? Just curious, my wrists prefer a more vertical angle as well.
    Anything shallower than a AR grip angle (even my FAL is almost too flat) starts hurting.
    AR's and Mesa Tactical shotgun stocks are just about perfect.
    Last edited by JodyH; 10-25-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'm praying for you to perfect the fix, since I only read to page 30 of this thread before buying my 1301.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Well, the lifter for the 1301 Tactical I ordered from Brownells didn't arrive until Friday and I didn't have time to modify it after this weekend.

However, I did have a few minutes to play around with some shims, a few of 1031s (two comps and a tactical), and I determined that the rear of the lifter needs to be built up 0.06" (essentially doubling its thickness) in order to avoid the multiple shells on the lifter problem. This means welding on a small piece of 16 ga. steel ought to do the trick.

Jody, I'll try (again) to get it modified and sent out this week, but it might take a bit longer.

Having read the welded lifter solution, I say "Bravo" for innovative thinking. However, I've seen no discussion on what we might be losing by building up the rear of the lifter. Presumably the forward edge of the lifter has to be low enough to allow the shell to ride up on it to indeed be "lifted" for feeding. Not having a 1301 to look at right now; are there any tolerances that are being compromised by this modification? Such things as crud build up or even the timing of the working parts? This sounds like great idea but there is rarely a free lunch... Just wondering.

User Tag List