Page 160 of 680 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

It's the +3. Holds 8+1 in this configuration.

When I asked Nordic aboit the follower, they told me after market was wasting my money, as the OEM is excellent quality.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here's the OEM one. It's a little bit shorter than the Nordic. It's also noticably heavier as it appears to be steel rather than the aluminum that the Nordic part is. I'm sure that it works fine, but the red part is easier to see ... I would guess that's the main benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by RevM View Post
    It's the +3. Holds 8+1 in this configuration.
    Looks great, thanks. I'm not quite ready to go optics on it, but I really need to make another attempt at finishing mine out.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Thanks for the pics. It might look bulky but I'm trying to use an AR light mount that would offset the light back inboard at a 45 degree angle. I want to be able to activate the tailcap with my thumb but keep the light pretty close in. I have the close-in light challenge solved now using a Danger Close Consulting light mount attached to the Nordic picatinny rail:

Name:  IMG_2183001_ copy.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  22.4 KB

Unfortunately that big hole is not a QD socket.

What would be ideal would be something like the Badger M7 mount, but direct-mount to the Nordic clamp instead of having to use the rail:

Name:  Flash light on mount.jpg
Views: 1864
Size:  43.6 KB

I'm also not opposed to having a big loop to use a Paraclip sling attachment. That's what I was planning to try with the Noveske "sandwiched."

Quote Originally Posted by RevM View Post
    I would guess so. It would be kind of bulky looking and I'd be a bit concerned about interference between the sling and the light/mount.

Can the big, goofy charging handle on the 1301T be replaced with something simple? I would much prefer something like a "classic" "trigger shaped" shotgun charging handle. With it take any 1301/X400 compatible CH?

Other questions:

ETA on that co-witness T2 mount setup?
    ETA on the "magpul stock adapter"?
    ETA on any sensible and sleek ways to mount a WML?

I wrote the 1301 off as undesirable because I didn't like the stock, I didn't like the lack of ability to mount a co-witnessed optic, and I didn't like the lack of a good WML system for it. 2/3 of those thins appears to quickly be becoming a moot point.

How long is the nordic clamp? Would it work with a +1 nordic tube ( just a hair over 1.5 inches)?
    Last edited by NoLock; 02-27-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    How long is the nordic clamp? Would it work with a +1 nordic tube ( just a hair over 1.5 inches)?
    The clamp is just under 1.5".

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Other questions:

ETA on that co-witness T2 mount setup?
    ETA on the "magpul stock adapter"?
    ETA on any sensible and sleek ways to mount a WML?

I wrote the 1301 off as undesirable because I didn't like the stock, I didn't like the lack of ability to mount a co-witnessed optic, and I didn't like the lack of a good WML system for it. 2/3 of those thins appears to quickly be becoming a moot point.
    The optic mount is in beta testing. Obviously good to go on the H1/T1, but I'm waiting to get my hands on an H2 or T2 to see how it works. Then I'll know if it will work as is, if it needs tweaked, or if it can't be made to work to at least market it as such (because the H2/T2 extends to the rear more, there could be interference with the ghost ring). There may be options. Either way, once the beta testers finish up and I finalize the design based on the T2, I'll start taking pre-orders. I just ordered a bunch of aluminum today in anticipating for that.

I started live fire testing the adapter last week. There are things that need tweaked but it's on the right track. That being said, there's enough work that needs done that I'm not going to put a time table on it.

Light mounting continues to be one of the big problems with the 1301. I might start exploring that... we'll see though, there's a lot on my plate.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

User Tag List