Page 564 of 680 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614664 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    For now I'm using blue Loctite and 15-18 inch lbs.
    I was using the Vibra-Tite that Aridus supplied with the CROM mount and placed witness marks after mounting. Screws started backing out int he first couple hours of a multi-day class. Torqued them down and held fine until afternoon the next day where they started backing out again. Emailed Aridus asking for suggestions, but never received a reply.. Ordered a new set of mounting screws and will probably use red LocTite this time. Have a Holosum 507C X2 on the mount and those screws never loosened during the class.

EDIT: This is a huge coincidence! After posting this reply here I checked my email and actually had a reply to this issue from Aridus was delivered around 9am this morning. I sent the initial inquiry 3 weeks ago. This was their reply:

"Holy smokes, that's surprising to hear, but it does happen from time to time. I don't know if it's minor variance in screw threads, reciever threads, or whatever, but every once in a while there are screws that are just way more difficult to keep tight. The VC-3 generally works great for most circumstances, but there have been instances where I've had to break out a much tougher thread locker. Your best bet might be to go with a higher strength thread locker."

Owner
    Aridus Industries
    Last edited by Guns&Guitars; 06-12-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns&Guitars View Post
    I was using the Vibra-Tite that Aridus supplied with the CROM mount and placed witness marks after mounting. Screws started backing out int he first couple hours of a multi-day class. Torqued them down and held fine until afternoon the next day where they started backing out again. Emailed Aridus asking for suggestions, but never received a reply.. Ordered a new set of mounting screws and will probably use red LocTite this time. Have a Holosum 507C X2 on the mount and those screws never loosened during the class.

EDIT: This is a huge coincidence! After posting this reply here I checked my email and actually had a reply to this issue from Aridus was delivered around 9am this morning. I sent the initial inquiry 3 weeks ago. This was their reply:

"Holy smokes, that's surprising to hear, but it does happen from time to time. I don't know if it's minor variance in screw threads, reciever threads, or whatever, but every once in a while there are screws that are just way more difficult to keep tight. The VC-3 generally works great for most circumstances, but there have been instances where I've had to break out a much tougher thread locker. Your best bet might be to go with a higher strength thread locker."

Owner
    Aridus Industries
    Thanks for sharing your class experience and the Aridus correspondence.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Maybe you could try blue Loctite first. Red is such a pain the patootie to get loose if you decide to take the part off later.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns&Guitars View Post
    Ordered a new set of mounting screws and will probably use red LocTite this time.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Maybe you could try blue Loctite first. Red is such a pain the patootie to get loose if you decide to take the part off later.
    I could try that as well. Only considered using the red because the VibraTite didn't seem to work.

I’ve never used Vibra-Tite, but I’ve read reviews that say to use it properly, you need to apply it to the screws and let is sit for 10-30 minutes before recurring the screw.

Both vibratite and loctite work best when used per directions. I would clean the vibratite off, degrease, and try blue loctite torqued to spec.

I would use red as an absolute last resort. Steel screw into aluminum with red loctite is a recipe for disaster down the road.

Last thought is that with the gauge, loose screws are just part of the game in high round count classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEM Magazine Spring Data-
    Just received a new OEM magazine spring.
    New spring measures 33" in length compared to the 29" original OEM spring currently in the 1301 for 2 years. (and still works fine)
    The new magazine spring extends 18.5" beyond the magazine tube.
    Thanks for this. I have an OEM spring for a Gen 2 5 shell magazine on standby that I has going to measure after another year also. I keep my mag tube fully loaded w/ a ghost load and wanted to track if the spring is wearing.

I put in an order for a Wolf spring also but it's been OOS.
    "Follow me!"

Thanks for sharing your class experience and the Aridus correspondence.
    I made a post in another thread with my CROM and PA MD-20 red dot using the supplied vibratite. I followed the Aridus video to the letter, let the product sit on the screws for 30 min, then installed. After one range session the front screw came loose per my witness marks. I've switched to Loctite Blue using gootentite torque specs and haven't had an issue since.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....dus-CROM/page3
    "Follow me!"

Just got a response from Langdon Tactical, they recommend Loctite 242 or Vibratite VC3 and 10 inch lbs for the torque spec.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Just got a response from Langdon Tactical, they recommend Loctite 242 or Vibratite VC3 and 10 inch lbs for the torque spec.
    Was 10 in/lbs for the optic to mount, or mount to receiver?

User Tag List