Page 494 of 679 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504544594 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Was that a +3 extension that they have since discontinued, or is it just the +2 with their +1 adaptor? All they offer now is a +2, and a +4 that would be way too long if my tape measure and the posted dimensions on the website are correct.

Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Was that a +3 extension that they have since discontinued, or is it just the +2 with their +1 adaptor? All they offer now is a +2, and a +4 that would be way too long if my tape measure and the posted dimensions on the website are correct.

Thanks again for the help.
    I asked the same question several years ago. If I remember correctly, he stated that it was the +2 with a +1 adapter.

You all keep costing me money. So finally, after over a year, I have this completed..maybe. Only thing left is maybe a Briley trigger next year. I put another 50 or so through it today playing with the handstop. This is set up for work, it has already been approved. I just got to get qualified with it.

Really enjoying my new 1301. Completely stock.

Still breaking it in and experimenting with different loads.

Found one today at the local sporting goods store: Hornady black 00 8 pellet. It’s not reduced recoil but it honestly wasn’t bad.

Here it is at 25 yards: Red is 9 pellet flight control. Black is the Hornady.

It wasn’t as tight as FC at 7 and 10 and 15 yards. But it was still very tight and pretty comparable.

I’m running out of FC and this may be a good available substitution. I’ll have to get some more and keep testing.

Thought this load may be useful to others here (I could have missed if already discussed). If you have experience with it please leave some feedback.

Used my new one yesterday at three gun, first time I ever loaded it to the 7+1 capacity and I will report that the seventh round is a tight fit. I was just shooting whatever cheap Winchester or Federal stuff I had bought when I could buy it, and there may have been a mixture so no good data to report, just saying that the new guns might be a tight fit on capacity. I will stuff it full of the Winchester buckshot loads I have here to test soon.

The first time I loaded it, the last shell popped out onto the lifter when I was preloading. No big deal, it chambered properly when I was making ready, and then I just topped off the tube. Next time number seven stayed in the tube properly and I was able to add the last shell through the loading port as I am accustomed to doing with the 391.

I might experiment with removing the little cap that captures the mag spring when you field strip.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Used my new one yesterday at three gun, first time I ever loaded it to the 7+1 capacity and I will report that the seventh round is a tight fit. I was just shooting whatever cheap Winchester or Federal stuff I had bought when I could buy it, and there may have been a mixture so no good data to report, just saying that the new guns might be a tight fit on capacity. I will stuff it full of the Winchester buckshot loads I have here to test soon.

The first time I loaded it, the last shell popped out onto the lifter when I was preloading. No big deal, it chambered properly when I was making ready, and then I just topped off the tube. Next time number seven stayed in the tube properly and I was able to add the last shell through the loading port as I am accustomed to doing with the 391.

I might experiment with removing the little cap that captures the mag spring when you field strip.

Please do. I had someone ask me on my YouTube video if removing the spring retaining cap on the new OEM 7 shell tube would impact reliability. It hasn't on my 5 shot tube.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Please do. I had someone ask me on my YouTube video if removing the spring retaining cap on the new OEM 7 shell tube would impact reliability. It hasn't on my 5 shot tube.
    I have a marine 1301 like yours and it wouldn’t hold 5 even but when I put the Nordic on it I had no problem doing 7 in the tube.
    I did discover that some Ammunition is a bit longer than 2.75 inches.

Be well
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
    I have a marine 1301 like yours and it wouldn’t hold 5 even but when I put the Nordic on it I had no problem doing 7 in the tube.
    I did discover that some Ammunition is a bit longer than 2.75 inches.

Be well
    Bob
    Actually, the 2.75” measurement is for the hull without any crimp on it, either un fired new or fired old. Thus, various loaded, unfired shells can vary in actual length…

I’ve Got Velcro Hesitation

Help experienced experts here… 😳 I bought two Vang Comp side saddle shell holders and now I’m getting cold feet about putting the Velcro backing on my 1301 Tac. Here’s my concerns:
    1. Will moisture be trapped under the stick on Velcro strip and cause corrosion down the line?
    2. If I don’t like the whole side saddle solution, can I remove the Velcro strip without damaging the receiver metal or even the Cerakote?
    3. If I decide to stick the Velcro strip on the receiver, are there any tips to do it right?
    Thanks in advance…
    TimName:  7CD95C33-0B46-405A-BADC-F59E2E51FB6F.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  50.3 KB

User Tag List