Page 652 of 680 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Tim nailed it with the industrial/economic situation in Europe for the price increase. Energy prices in Europe have gone through the roof, and that issue compounds at every level of supply chain for raw material, vendor operations, shipping, etc. Inflation of the Euro vs USD has actually blunted that edge a bit, but there's no avoiding it's impact.

The new features added were to continue to improve the platform in a way that tracks with that price increase so the value of the product for the consumer stays in line with the cost. The last thing we or any company wants to do is just pass along an inflationary markup to our customers if we can help it.

The new 1301 forend kits are being targeted to be available on the market before the end of Q1. The trigger groups will be at least a year if not more since thats a bottleneck item.

The Mod. 2 stock is the same as the original 5 shot tube 1301 (which are gen 1 kickoff compatible). When the first 7rd tube 922r approved 1301 came out a couple years back we had to use one of our US made, and non-kickoff compatible, stocks to meet the domestic parts count. That new forend is US made, so we were able to revert to the original stock. Practically speaking, that original stock is actually better due to the LOP, texture, and grip angle; not the kickoff compatibility (but that's harder to explain to the mass market).
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

With the pro lifter, can one still keep a shell on the lifter for cruiser/closet ready?

My current manual of arms is to load the tube to capacity and then press the shell release button to drop a round onto the lifter, so as to only require me to work the bolt to get the gun into action. I know nothing about how the pro lifter works, but it looks like maybe this technique wouldn’t work?

Yes, you can ghost load with the Pro-Lifter. The trick is to hold the bolt back, but not all the way. Then hit the shell release button while inserting a shell and pushing down on the lifter. While Keeping pressure downward on the shell, slowly ease the bolt forwards till it clears the shell’s rim. Be careful of getting your finger stuck by the forward moving bolt!

It sounds a lot more complicated than actually doing it. It’s awkward at first but after a few tries becomes manageable. There’s a video somewhere on YouTube demonstrating the process.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    With the pro lifter, can one still keep a shell on the lifter for cruiser/closet ready?

My current manual of arms is to load the tube to capacity and then press the shell release button to drop a round onto the lifter, so as to only require me to work the bolt to get the gun into action. I know nothing about how the pro lifter works, but it looks like maybe this technique wouldn’t work?
    Yes, that'll work just fine.

As Pnut said you can also ghost load with the Pro lifter by going in through the chamber to get the 7+1 capacity without a round chambered, but it is more of a pain with the Pro lifter than the standard one.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Name:  E76D2EEE-9F0A-4F78-9DFB-BD9B5F43DD8E.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  77.4 KB
    Got bored over the holidays while recovering from a minor surgery and did a thing. Turned my 21” 1301 Comp into a kind of 1301Comp(T). GG&G adapters for the Magpul furniture, Nordic tube (8 shell capacity (10 if you ghost load and have one in the chamber)) and a Farrowtech plate with a Steiner MPS. Just waiting on a couple bits to mount up a light…

Aridus has teased something new coming a few times. Interested to ser what it is. Looks polymer?

http://instagram.com/p/C18WVIPLO-N/

http://instagram.com/p/C2N4bm-L6fh/

http://instagram.com/p/C2QNduNOLgl/

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It's a couple of things that I think people are going to like. Including something folks here have actually lamented not being available for the 1301.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It's a couple of things that I think people are going to like. Including something folks here have actually lamented not being available for the 1301.
    Like this?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Well, I mean if he's gonna tell on himself...

Yeah. Heat shield is one of the things. He spent a lot of time working on a heat shield and a mount for it that doesn't seem to have any impact on accuracy.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post

based on your post, I don't think you're asking about ghost loading but rather if pushing the shell release button on the pro lifter will still allow a round to feed from the mag tube and onto the lifter (so to chamber a round, all you need to do is rack the bolt handle). Yes it works like that, exactly like the regular shell lifter.

When I first bought the pro lifter, I was curious how releasing a round from the tube would work if the lifter sits up at an angle. However, pushing the shell release button will first swivel the lifter down into position before releasing a round from the tube. So it works perfectly.

User Tag List