Page 153 of 675 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    New Aimpoint for shotgun. This looks like a good optic and low mounting option for the 1301 competition versions.

http://youtu.be/5ZxLU4fAjCk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be perfect for a lot of LEO's. I know Darryl talked about swapping parts on his patrol shotgun every shift. Just bring your Surefire 618 light and a barrel, and about a minute later you are ready to go repel boarders.

I'll probably end up with an S-1 to go with my other Aimpoint-equipped shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    New Aimpoint for shotgun. This looks like a good optic and low mounting option for the 1301 competition versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This one has my attention! Thanks for the heads-up!
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-17-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Interesting. What have you seen break? I've run a set on my work gun for long enough that the tritium is dim. They've been through several shotgun classes and not treated in a loving fashion.

I keep mine stuffed with Brennekes with Brennekes in the side saddle for no reason but vehicles.
    Mostly the rear sight. It just comes off. Very small screw holding it on. Correct me, but I think you have your gun mounted in a rack? Ours tend to be loose in the trunk or truck vault, and that is probably not an ideal way to store them;-)

I should also say that a person's eyesight probably plays a large role in whether they like ghost rings or irons or beads or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Mostly the rear sight. It just comes off. Very small screw holding it on. Correct me, but I think you have your gun mounted in a rack? Ours tend to be loose in the trunk or truck vault, and that is probably not an ideal way to store them;-)
    Ours are in locking racks, in the passenger's compartment by policy. Hard won less from the loss of Ranger Joe: http://www.odmp.org/officer/15106-pa...david-kolodski

It may help that I'm running the sights for the 18" gun on a 14" gun so the rear sight is all the way back to get it zeroed properly.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Respectfully, for $1 more, you can get a perfect one. What's your angle?
    Okay- where are people finding a 1301T for $799 these days? I'm finally ready to throw down and buy one... but Gunbroker listings lately are all MSRP-ish, and the best I can find is $847 here:
    http://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta.../j131t18le.htm

Can I do better?

Thanks,
    Gyro
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 01-23-2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Typo

I should also say that a person's eyesight probably plays a large role in whether they like ghost rings or irons or beads or something else.
    What rear sight do you have on your 870?
    If they are the type I'm thinking of, "bedding" the sight with some creeping loctite is great for peace of mind (bedding as in letting some of the loctite creep into where the sight attaches utilizing capillary action).

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    What rear sight do you have on your 870?
    If they are the type I'm thinking of, "bedding" the sight with some creeping loctite is great for peace of mind (bedding as in letting some of the loctite creep into where the sight attaches utilizing capillary action).
    That's probably a good idea. I may give that a shot, but truthfully, I only have my work 870 so that I can hand it off to someone who didn't think to bring a long gun. Doesn't mean I should treat the gun worse, just that it's lower on the list of things to do.

That's probably a good idea. I may give that a shot, but truthfully, I only have my work 870 so that I can hand it off to someone who didn't think to bring a long gun. Doesn't mean I should treat the gun worse, just that it's lower on the list of things to do.
    seems to me that if you're gonna be in a situation where you need someone else to have a long arm as well, you'd want to have the best chance of that puppy being good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    seems to me that if you're gonna be in a situation where you need someone else to have a long arm as well, you'd want to have the best chance of that puppy being good to go.
    Hence "...Doesn't mean I should treat the gun worse,..."

But reality is, ..."it's lower on the list of things to do."

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Okay- where are people finding a 1301T for $799 these days? I'm finally ready to throw down and buy one... but Gunbroker listings lately are all MSRP-ish, and the best I can find is $847 here:
    http://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta.../j131t18le.htm

Can I do better?

Thanks,
    Gyro
    Your linked vendor was the 799 deal as of a few days ago. Looks like they raised their price.

User Tag List