Page 335 of 675 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

So I got me a 1.5 mm (~1/16") sheet matal, drilled and filed quite a bit...
    Here I have a custom fit picatinny rail or alternatively a QD mount for the Beretta 1301.
    With 1.5mm the spring powered pin isstill protruding enough so that the ratcheting system is still working and will keep the mag tube in place.

If any one wants details or measurements to make one... let me know.

Name:  20200430_160903.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  50.0 KB

Cool

I did shoot some clay (skeet, trap) years ago - but you are right HD is not the same. So good suggestion on the training - thanks. I looked at the Aimpoint (yikes pricey ...). I really want the laser for my PPQ - and am just thinking to get the combo with a light so I can use it on either Pistol or Shotgun. Good points on the sling that I hadn't considered - so I will keep that mind and refrain from more purchases (hard to do with a new gun) until I learn more about HD use.

Thanks

Z

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Have you had any formal defensive shotgun training? You might consider taking a class before spending money on accessories. It will give you a chance to run your gun under a bit of stress, nail down the manual of arms and mechanics of operating it, and see what gear works for others.

There are some who will tell you that you don't need a sling on a dedicated home defense gun. Personally, I disagree. The sling is to the shotgun what the holster is to the pistol. It gives you a place to put it when you need your hands free while maintaining control. If you need to lock/unlock a door, make a phone call, or render medical aid, I think the sling is important. If you envision a scenario where you need to carry the gun outside your house, the sling becomes essential. A slung long gun presents a very different image and threat profile to those around you than one in your hands.

I don't have a mag extension on my 1301. Putting an extension on a foreign made semi-auto shotgun arguably subjects you to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. 922(r), and I don't want to swap out a bunch of other parts to be in compliance. I think the factory capacity is plenty.

Finally, if you want an aiming device other than the factory sights, a red dot sight such as an Aimpoint micro is a much better choice than a visible laser.

I searched this thread and found several people bought the Briley metal charging handle. Is that still a good one? Has anyone had problems with that one? Is there a better one?

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I searched this thread and found several people bought the Briley metal charging handle. Is that still a good one? Has anyone had problems with that one? Is there a better one?
    I'd also be interested to know if anybody has had a failure with the stock handle.

Someone posted a picture of a broken factory handle in this thread. The plastic portion was broken off. Post #2928.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Lest anyone be hesitating because it's a Gen1, the Gen1 is still a wonderfully capable defensive shotgun. And at $799 that's as low as you are going to find it short of having a significant discount direct from Beretta.
    Sorry to ask, but without reading through 368 pages of this topic, wasn’t there an after market part to add to the boot release button to prevent the button being accidentally pushed and causing a malfunction?

For $799, I’m really tempted to pick one of these up. So long as I can fix the potential issue with the bolt release button/double feed issue.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Sorry to ask, but without reading through 368 pages of this topic, wasn’t there an after market part to add to the boot release button to prevent the button being accidentally pushed and causing a malfunction?

For $799, I’m really tempted to pick one of these up. So long as I can fix the potential issue with the bolt release button/double feed issue.
    Originally created by Tau Dev (aka, Tom_Jones, the former owner of this site), it's now available direct from Beretta.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...d-kit/eu00074/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Short answer: Yes. There are several people making such a part, and for a while Beretta was selling on on their website.

I went w/ Adam's (Aridus Industries) version for both of my gen 1's & like all of the products I've bought from him over the yrs. him I've had ZERO issues w/ mine.

I bought a Gen 1 that already came with the Gen 2 bolt release. You might want to get the gun first before buying the release kit.

User Tag List