Page 42 of 680 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Tactical is a shorter receiver and lifter; competition is longer.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I think I may have found a way to deal with this problem (it involves neither o-rings nor epoxy ), but I need to do some testing and I'm a little busy with a couple other things at the moment. I'll see if I can get BOM to be my test monkey.

On another note, Brownells lists different part numbers for the shell lifter/carrier for the 1301 Tactical (Mfr Part: C5D552) and 1301 Competition (Mfr Part: C5D306). Does anyone know what the difference is?
    is this a subtle pre-announcement for a crowd funding project -- if so, I am in for 2 or 3.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think I may have found a way to deal with this problem (it involves neither o-rings nor epoxy ), but I need to do some testing and I'm a little busy with a couple other things at the moment. I'll see if I can get BOM to be my test monkey.

On another note, Brownells lists different part numbers for the shell lifter/carrier for the 1301 Tactical (Mfr Part: C5D552) and 1301 Competition (Mfr Part: C5D306). Does anyone know what the difference is?
    The receivers are different.
    <<Les Garten>>

Unless there is something neither Tom nor myself saw a few minutes ago while he was demonstrating this to me, I can't imagine this (easily implemented) solution not working.

I'll make sure to be able to run a few hundred shells through a gun as soon as Tom has one squared away.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Thanks to everyone for the info on the reasons for the different parts between the Comp and Tactical. It's so obvious I feel silly for asking.

Nope. I've honestly got too much going on right now to start another project. I'll probably just tell you guys what I did.

BOM just came by and looked at my proposed solution and performed a sanity check. It looks like it works and is an easy-ish fix. I'll try to make the modification soon™ and get BOM to test it (my current situation makes me getting some range time terribly unlikely) within the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    Unless there is something neither Tom nor myself saw a few minutes ago while he was demonstrating this to me, I can't imagine this (easily implemented) solution not working.

I'll make sure to be able to run a few hundred shells through a gun as soon as Tom has one squared away.
    Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
    <<Les Garten>>

All the credit for the solution belongs with Tom. I'm just going to make empty shells and try and screw up the fix.

My gift to society.

Color me very interested to see what magic Tom pulls out of his hat!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Color me very interested to see what magic Tom pulls out of his hat!
    Yup. I might even hold off on drilling and tapping the receiver for the other idea I was going to try.

I should be the fix test monkey, after all I am the original screw up.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List