Page 41 of 679 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    FWIW, the paddle mod I described in post #367 worked great in its first live fire outing.
    I had shoulder surgery shortly after doing the mod, and am not really up to running a gauge yet, so I only put about 35 rounds through the gun.

35 (cough) flawless rounds
    Dave,
    Have you noticed any difficultly in loading shells into the mag tube, due to the limited travel?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Dave,
    Have you noticed any difficultly in loading shells into the mag tube, due to the limited travel?
    Not really, although mine probably requires a little more effort than it did in stock configuration. If the epoxy spacer was too thick, it would be difficult or impossible to load. Mine started off that way, as I made the spacer a little oversize. I sanded it down until loading the tube felt OK, and everything just seemed to work.

I'm packing up for a PCS move now, so it may be a few weeks before I'm able to tinker with it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Not really, although mine probably requires a little more effort than it did in stock configuration. If the epoxy spacer was too thick, it would be difficult or impossible to load. Mine started off that way, as I made the spacer a little oversize. I sanded it down until loading the tube felt OK, and everything just seemed to work.

I'm packing up for a PCS move now, so it may be a few weeks before I'm able to tinker with it any more.
    Similar to where I'm at with the o-ring setup. Seems if I get it stiff enough it actually prevents puking the tube, it's too tight to load. There's a sweet spot somewhere....
    --Josh

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    There's a sweet spot somewhere....
    Unfortunately, that sweet spot for me right now is a Benelli.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I might have gone that route, but there somebody here on P-F awhile back who kept posting about what a great gun the 1301 was. I don't quite remember who that was, though

And I don't mind. This flaw is solvable, and I love the way the gun handles and shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I get that. If I were starting from scratch or had more disposable gun fundage I might go that route too.

Or else my sweet spot might end up "used 870P".
    --Josh

I'm disappointed in the turn this took.

My primary shotgun was always gonna be 590A1 with the Beretta as a fun gun and secondary defense shotgun.

That button is so potentially disastrous that it rules out a seemingly great gun for me. This looks like a great aftermarket opportunity for someone. O-rings and epoxy aren't making me feel warm and fuzzy though.
    <<Les Garten>>

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I think I may have found a way to deal with this problem (it involves neither o-rings nor epoxy ), but I need to do some testing and I'm a little busy with a couple other things at the moment. I'll see if I can get BOM to be my test monkey.

On another note, Brownells lists different part numbers for the shell lifter/carrier for the 1301 Tactical (Mfr Part: C5D552) and 1301 Competition (Mfr Part: C5D306). Does anyone know what the difference is?
    Im all for it even if it takes 4 years
    all kidding aside , keep up the good work !

Site Supporter

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    On another note, Brownells lists different part numbers for the shell lifter/carrier for the 1301 Tactical (Mfr Part: C5D552) and 1301 Competition (Mfr Part: C5D306). Does anyone know what the difference is?
    The load port is bigger on the comp then on the tactical.

User Tag List