Page 38 of 678 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Do other beretta shotguns like the A400 have this flaw as well?
    http://youtu.be/Hxz_GOJYWiQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Do other beretta shotguns like the A400 have this flaw as well?
    It's not a flaw, it's a feature.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Even worse, you may have to change your screen name.
    Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

Sell the 1301 get a Mossy 590A1 and never look back!!!!! Pump It Up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Compared to what?
    A warmed over 92 is only 15 years too late and all their latest generation polymer pistols suck.
    You've shot the new striker Beretta?
    #RESIST

Not their newest pistol. But every other pistol they've made in the last 15 years that's not a 9mm 92 variation has been less than impressive if not outright junk.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    It's not a flaw, it's a feature.
    I'm seriously thinking it might have been intentional, perhaps with the idea of being able to download the magazine tube without having to reach into the loading port to manipulate the shell stop. è bello , sì ?

Site Supporter
    Is anyone still using the 1301 Tactical? How's the small button work? I'm looking for my 1st and most likely only defensive shotgun. Deciding between this or just getting an 870.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Is anyone still using the 1301 Tactical? How's the small button work? I'm looking for my 1st and most likely only defensive shotgun. Deciding between this or just getting an 870.
    I am interested in a update as well.

Right now, I consider it unresolved. Yesterday, hiking on the tundra with my M2, my hand naturally fell where the "problem" control is on the 1301. Probably still a great 3 Gun shotgun, but not something I would rely on for defense today.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So I am not sure what I want to do now after reading this whole thread. I was very excited for about the first 30 pages or so, then real Buzz kill...

I was looking at the Benelli M4 and doing research on it after I ruled out the Mossberg 930 SPX for reliability issues. Looked like Benelli was the way to go except fro a few things:

1) Cost more than I wanted to spend, especially when you roll in the 922r upgrades, Yipes it's expensive!
    2) The button that drops the shells onto the carrier I saw as unnecessary and maybe a means in a confrontation for a round to not be readily available.
    3) Little on the heavy side
    4) Even though it autoregulates, seems to not do well with practice type loads.

So then I ran across the Beretta 1301. Right price, good looking, easy to get with a field stock, not heavy, shoots most anything, it's a Beretta!

I start reading threads and run across the Bolt Release issue that jams the gun up, and I'l like you've got to be kidding!

Here's the purpose of this gun for me:

My Go to HD guns in order of grab priority:

1) Glock 17 and hand held light
    2)Mossberg 590A1 w/light
    3) Arsenal AK
    4) Secondary Shotgun for wife

So the purpose of this gun would be for fun mainly and a s a 2nd Shotgun for my wife. She knows nothing about guns all practically speaking. I was wanting auto for her, relatively easy shooting, easy loading, light weight. It seemed like a good choice to teach her how to use it. But when she gets confused about things, she becomes a button pusher.

The autojam button has me worried about me using this gun as well. Like brushing up against that button and not realizing you have jammed it up. It looks like a really fun shotgun until that button rears it's ugly head. This seems like a Fatal Flaw for me.

It would not be a primary HD shotgun for me. It would be a defend the front yard gun against civil unrest type of gun. Mainly a fun gun, which is why I am having troubles ruling it out. I wish there was a way to mod it to not do this. After seeing this gun I stopped aching for the Benelli, for a while...

Any suggestions?
    <<Les Garten>>

User Tag List