Page 354 of 675 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Nordic Extension questions

I am new to this site, but have read through the entire thread over the last few weeks. The knowledge base is awesome.

I am now the proud owner of a brand new Gen 1 1301 Tactical and just received the Nordic extension kit. While I am tempted to jump right in to the installation, I am a little confused about what the end result will be. I could probably figure it out with the parts in my hand, but thought I would go straight to the experts first, before opening the packaging.
    If I replace the magazine end nut with the nut for the extension tube, does that mean that I will have to remove the extension in order to remove the hand guard when breaking the gun down for cleaning? That would seem to expose the coil spring every time I cleaned it. I do not recall anyone mentioning anything about that, so maybe I am overlooking something, but that seems like it would be a pretty big issue. I assume that also means that the barrel mount adapter would need to be removed each time as well?

Is this just the price of 2 additional rounds? Is there a work around, or am I missing a critical understanding of something that makes this moot?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo Bonsai View Post
    I am new to this site, but have read through the entire thread over the last few weeks. The knowledge base is awesome.

I am now the proud owner of a brand new Gen 1 1301 Tactical and just received the Nordic extension kit. While I am tempted to jump right in to the installation, I am a little confused about what the end result will be. I could probably figure it out with the parts in my hand, but thought I would go straight to the experts first, before opening the packaging.
    If I replace the magazine end nut with the nut for the extension tube, does that mean that I will have to remove the extension in order to remove the hand guard when breaking the gun down for cleaning? That would seem to expose the coil spring every time I cleaned it. I do not recall anyone mentioning anything about that, so maybe I am overlooking something, but that seems like it would be a pretty big issue. I assume that also means that the barrel mount adapter would need to be removed each time as well?

Is this just the price of 2 additional rounds? Is there a work around, or am I missing a critical understanding of something that makes this moot?
    What is this “each time” cleaning you refer to — it is a 1301 and you just shoot it. In any event, removing the extension to pull the barrel is no big deal, but you can pull a bore snake through without removing the barrel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is this “each time” cleaning you refer to — it is a 1301 and you just shoot it. In any event, removing the extension to pull the barrel is no big deal, but you can pull a bore snake through without removing the barrel.
    I guess I am still suffering from new-owner-itis, but I break it down for a thorough cleaning every time the wind blows a different direction. Perhaps the added hassle, albeit minimal, will be sufficient to cure me of this malady.

Extension question

Nordic extension kit. The cap for the extension has a hole in it. Am I missing something or is this intentional? Thanks. Chris.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Nordic extension kit. The cap for the extension has a hole in it. Am I missing something or is this intentional? Thanks. Chris.
    Intentional. Most extensions have a hole in them.
    3/15/2016

10-4. Thanks.

If anyone sees a gun in stock anywhere please post or send a PM. I have a friend looking and he missed the last round of deliveries at Buds. I swear they had some M4's listed the other day and they were gone in a few minutes. Tac shotguns are like gold right now.

1301 tactical piston part number?

Hey all, can anyone please assist me with finding the part number for a replacement piston for 1301 tactical? I foolishly dropped mine, while cleaning it, on the concrete and now it has a tiny ding on the rim that inserts into the cylinder near the metal elastic seal. I don't know if it will impact its function but I'd prefer to just get a new one just in case.
    Adding insult to injury, first time using it 🤦

i did a Google search and found these two:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/bere...ssemblies.html

C8A961 seems to be the one, but I'm hesitant because I can't find it on Berettas site and a Google search shows very little for this part number.

Brownells website has a schematic, it's #140, but it's not on the sku list.

Appreciate any help. Thanks! 🍻
    Last edited by AOITC589; 07-12-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Improving the attachment of the Beretta aluminum rail.

I'm new to the forum and just finished reading every last post. Lots of great information. So far I love the way it performs and look forward to taking a class with it.

I have a Gen 1 and have an Aimpoint mounted on the factory aluminum rail. I have read of the problems with the plastic rail and thought I was ok with the aluminum rail but I read a few pages back of them causing problems too. It was suggested that the CROM would be better. I am running the Aridus adapter and Magpul stock and like how it fits now and the lower 1/3 co-witness. Even on my AR's I do not like full c0-witness sights. I really would rather not go to a lower riser on the Magpul stock. So I would like to avoid the CROM if I can.

My question is would there be any problem with drilling an additional couple of holes in the Beretta rail and matching holes in the receiver to beef up the attachment point of the rail to the receiver? I know in the rifle world it was common to replace the factory scope base 6-48 screws with larger 8-40 screws and sometimes add additional screws. If it is not a problem I have a local machine shop that could do the work.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Might also consider adding steel thread inserts. I've seen those in a few optics. Seems like it should help.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List