Page 385 of 675 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Correct. The 8 pellet tends to pattern better than the 9 pellet loads. In 9 out of 10 shotguns that 9th pellet will go off on its own because of how it is arranged in the shot column. That 10th gun, though might pattern the 9 pellet better than the 8.

Just goes back to the whole shotgun barrels as special snowflakes phenomenon.
    At what distances do you typically start to see that 9th pellet take off? I haven't shot mine much past 10 yards since the odds of me shooting it past that are pretty small and my supply of buckshot has been limited. It seems to do pretty well with the 9 pellet (photos a page or two back), but I'd like to get some 8 pellet to try if it ever comes back in stock anywhere.

Thank you! Awesome find! Hate paying shipping multiple times but needed more than 10 boxes.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    At what distances do you typically start to see that 9th pellet take off? I haven't shot mine much past 10 yards since the odds of me shooting it past that are pretty small and my supply of buckshot has been limited. It seems to do pretty well with the 9 pellet (photos a page or two back), but I'd like to get some 8 pellet to try if it ever comes back in stock anywhere.
    In as little as 5 yards you see the 9th pellet leaving the bulk of the shot column.

With FFC at realistic distances it means you have a concentration of shot on one part of the target, and a lone 9th pellet off that column by a couple of inches. Usually in a predictable fashion...meaning it will almost always hit low and left or something by about the same distance almost every time. So it tends to at least be predictable.

With conventional buckshot it's a total wildcard. You have no idea without shooting a significant amount of your proposed load through your barrel to figure out what it does.
    3/15/2016

Thanks, ordered six boxes! I'm not super low but I prefer the Federal FC stuff to what I have stacked the deepest.

Last night, we were camped in the Sprinter in a remote area, when a truck pulled up nearby and shut off its engine. I had a Rattler and 1301 available, and did hesitate a second in grabbing the 1301 with a SF light and seven Brenneke slugs. After a few minutes they left and I am not sure they knew we were camped there.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

She ran like a scolded mule today! After the students left we got to mess around a bit and I brought the 1301 with me just in case that happened and she didn’t disappoint. Disregard the handgun rounds, it’s a left over student target. I ran a full mag zipper at 15 yards from the low ready. 7 rounds of FC 9 pellet. I’m still shock at how light yet controlable this shotgun is!
    Name:  7FC01BF4-0CAA-40E1-B4A2-7DD6F8745BD2.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  56.0 KB

I broke in the 1301T with 100 Shells of covid specials. I made a short video, but I'll be posting patterns a little while later. I have an IC choke coming in, but I don't think it'll make a considerable difference.

takeaways:
    • Federal FC blows everything I tried away
    • Federal FC 9 pellet doesn't load 5 in the tube
    • Turkish Slugs are actually kinda okay
    • The gun ran everything perfectly
    • The recoil for this gun really isn't all that bad

https://youtu.be/_ENNSIQTrd8

You will notice my shots are a little high. I shot the slugs last. That's when I dropped the elevation by 3 clicks.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 05-02-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    I broke in the 1301T with 100 Shells of covid specials. I made a short video, but I'll be posting patterns a little while later. I have an IC choke coming in, but I don't think it'll make a considerable difference.

takeaways:
    • Federal FC blows everything I tried away
    • Federal FC 9 pellet doesn't load 5 in the tube
    • Turkish Slugs are actually kinda okay
    • The gun ran everything perfectly
    • The recoil for this gun really isn't all that bad

https://youtu.be/_ENNSIQTrd8

You will notice my shots are a little high. I shot the slugs last. That's when I dropped the elevation by 3 clicks.
    If you remove the magazine spring retaining cap, it will hold 5 with ease. It does mean that the spring will pop out when the forend cap is removed, but it’s not been an issue in probably 500 rounds for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    If you remove the magazine spring retaining cap, it will hold 5 with ease. It does mean that the spring will pop out when the forend cap is removed, but it’s not been an issue in probably 500 rounds for me.
    ... Or you can file down the crimp roll on each shell.

(Yes, guys, that was a joke)

I've got some goodies to install.

I am waiting for some more things to come in. I plan on making installation videos for YouTube.

User Tag List