Page 515 of 680 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I went with a Holosun HS503CU (doughnut of death). I went with the tube style, as it can function as an extremely crude sighting system if the reticle doesn't work. The reticle provides a good reference for your load selection vs. target size to keep accountability. I know that if a head fills the circle, every pellet will go in the dome - if the chest fills it, every pellet will go in the chest. The dot is zero'd for slugs at 100 yards.
    I had a Holosun on my 1301, but the push button controls did not like the recoil with slugs.

YMMV, just be aware.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1274138
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    I had a Holosun on my 1301, but the push button controls did not like the recoil with slugs.

YMMV, just be aware.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1274138
    Much appreciated, aiming to have more of an ammo budget this year.

Based on further investigation of this thread, I think I am going to go with a CROM and an RMR.

Thanks for the input, guys!

New 1301 gen 2.1 LE owner!!!

Hello all! Just purchased a 1301 LE but I don’t pick it up for a few days. Checking out the gun at the shop, I saw that it has no changeable choke tubes, has the factory 7 round magazine tube, and comes in a cardboard box.

I also has the URBINO stock. I’m not a big fan of pistol grip shotguns, but I’ll give it a try for a while. Just in case though, I ordered the Magpul/GGG kit. I called GGG and they will be available to ship in a week or two. I decided on the GGG kit due to availability, price, and the included recoil buffer. I know the buffer is a debatable issue, but I figure it can’t hurt.

I currently own a Benelli/HK M1 Super 90 which I’ve owned for almost 20 years! Love the gun but after seeing all the rave reviews on the 1301, I decided to give it a try. Another reason for the purchase was the included optic rail. My Benelli is not tapped for optic mounts.

I just discovered that the Federal Flite Control 00 Buck loads will only allow 6 rounds to fit in the 1301T with factory 7 round extension. They are just a tiny bit longer than the Hornady Critical Defense that also uses the Flite Control wad (called Versatite by them but it is the same wad). The Hornady can fit 7 rounds, but is 1600fps and 9 pellets.

Specific load info:

Federal Tactical 12ga 00 Buck 8 Pellet 1145fps w/ Flite Control Wad
    Hornady Critical Defense 12ga 00 Buck 9 pellet 1600fps w/ Versatite Wad

The Federal load is plated while the Hornady is not.

This might be a reason to choose the Nordic extension over the factory choice, though the factory choice is one piece (so not truly an "extension"). Or a reason to choose Hornady 00 buck loads instead of the gold standard Federal.

I am wondering if a different follower might allow enough space for the 7th round to fit...
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    I just discovered that the Federal Flite Control 00 Buck loads will only allow 6 rounds to fit in the 1301T with factory 7 round extension. They are just a tiny bit longer than the Hornady Critical Defense that also uses the Flite Control wad (called Versatite by them but it is the same wad). The Hornady can fit 7 rounds, but is 1600fps and 9 pellets.

Specific load info:

This might be a reason to choose the Nordic extension over the factory choice, though the factory choice is one piece (so not truly an "extension"). Or a reason to choose Hornady 00 buck loads instead of the gold standard Federal.

I am wondering if a different follower might allow enough space for the 7th round to fit...
    I took off the plastic magazine cap and can fit 7 Flite Control loads. I haven't had a chance to fire it with this configuration yet, but I know this was common with the older 5+1 configuration too.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I took off the plastic magazine cap and can fit 7 Flite Control loads. I haven't had a chance to fire it with this configuration yet, but I know this was common with the older 5+1 configuration too.
    That's interesting, why would the plastic cap matter? Is it somehow constricting the available space?
    Join FPC

Site Supporter

Specific load info:

It will be hard to find in this long thread (we need an index), but the Nordic extension has the same issue with a full-length spring. The instructions actually say to trim the spring. I think I trimmed mine to 11" (don't take my word on the length - I'd find the actual instructions and follow them) free spring length when the cap is removed and it now lets me comfortably load 7.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    It will be hard to find in this long thread (we need an index), but the Nordic extension has the same issue with a full-length spring. The instructions actually say to trim the spring. I think I trimmed mine to 11" (don't take my word on the length - I'd find the actual instructions and follow them) free spring length when the cap is removed and it now lets me comfortably load 7.
    Interesting. I'm surprised Federal doesn't apply a slightly bigger crimp to be the same OAL as Hornady. Maybe they are too busy selling every box they can produce
    Join FPC

That's interesting, why would the plastic cap matter? Is it somehow constricting the available space?
    Removing it lets the spring extend to the end of the screw on cover when assembled which gives it the tiny bit of extra space that is needed.

Obviously, with the retaining cap removed the spring won’t be captured so you’ll have to be careful during disassembly, but that’s no different than the older model with the Nordic extension.

User Tag List