Page 392 of 679 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    What model dot and how has it held up?
    Holosun 503 GU Elite. Green circle/dot reticle. It’s been excellent. Zero issues, other than having to make a small dremel cutout at the front to install it in the CROM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Aridus cover photo on facebook shows this:

Attachment 71355

Who ever owns those shotguns doesn't seem to think it's an issue.
    You can also see where a few of them said "fuck this" and removed the clamp.

I've wondered if its necessary to keep mine on. I will for the time being, but will happily read any discussion on pros/cons of it.

Anyone know how Primary Arms MicroDots mounted on a CROM stand up? @TCinVA

I'm thinking of a defensive weapon. But right now I already have a PA dot and there will likely be a significant gap between purchasing a CROM and ability to afford an aimpoint.

Site Supporter

I'm thinking of a defensive weapon. But right now I already have a PA dot and there will likely be a significant gap between purchasing a CROM and ability to afford an aimpoint.
    My goal with a red dot on a shotgun is to have a sighting system that is superior to irons at shotgun distances, which to me is 25 yards and closer.

With that in mind, I have 3 PA advanced micro dots (the one with the rotating rheostat, rather than the push buttons, if that matters) mounted on CROMs on as many shotguns, and 2 of these 3 have been used fairly energetically over the last 3 years or so.

They all still work and hold zero at 25yds. So, they are still vastly superior to irons in every way. What more could one ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When installing your own Nordic extension on, and have cut the Nordic spring it to the 12-16" length(past the magazine tube). It says to cut off in 1" increments until you are able to load the number of shells your extension is for.

When it comes to spring compression and the cycling system: If all 7 rounds load into the tube without issue, and you didn't cut it shorter than the 16", is there an issue? For those who have added theirs, how many coils did you cut it too?

I cut mine to a total length of 35.5 to 36"
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

I bought one just shy of four years ago expecting it to die an ugly death on my 1301 in short order.

It's still working.

So far I've seen more actual Aimpoints die on top of shotguns (generally due to a manufacturing defect) than PA's micro dot optics.

I'm sure the PA optics have a higher failure rate overall, but I'm just not seeing them die in class.

I'm reasonably certain those optics are made by Holosun and Holosun has a good reputation for building optics that hold up. If you do get a duff one it seems like PA will happily replace it for you.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 05-14-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don’t really care about the finish. But yeah, it is annoying. Thinking about durability: 3-gunners dump their shotguns pretty hard, and their extensions mostly survive—right?
    I ditched the clamp on my gun because I didn't want the complication when it came time to disassemble. My gun gets used by students in almost every class and at least once a class someone will load a shell backwards and I'll have to take the thing apart to get that resolved. I can't afford to be fooling with the barrel clamp in such circumstances.

I'm sure somebody out there somewhere has found the magic combination of torque and rubber padding to prevent the clamp from shifting around under recoil, but I certainly haven't. I don't particularly care if the finish on mine gets marred, but given that the clamp wasn't being used to mount a light for me it ended up serving no purpose apart from complicating disassembly.

I don't have any durability concerns with the Nordic +2 extension on my gun because it is even with the barrel. It's significantly stronger than the magazine tube. I don't go spiking it into barrels at speed like the 3 gunners do, but they're also typically using a mag tube extension longer than the barrel of the gun with longer barrels overall and that mag tube extension turns into a great big lever torquing on the pretty thin metal of the magazine tube.

I don't really see that happening with my 1301 used as I use it. YMMV.
    3/15/2016

Aridus cover photo on facebook shows this:

Attachment 71355

Who ever owns those shotguns doesn't seem to think it's an issue.
    That photo comes from a Rob Haught class in September of 2019, I believe. The unadorned one in the middle is my backup gun which at the time had only a prototype of the Tau bolt shroud on it. It has since been upgraded with an SGA stock adapter and CROM.

You can see the wear areas caused by the clamp on a couple of the guns at the end of the barrel.

The clamp makes sense if you want to mount a light as far forward as possible. Apart from that I don't see a need for it on a defensive gauge.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List