Page 586 of 678 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587588596636 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    ^Nice setup. You must be lefty
    Thank you and yes sir, I am lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by anderson3754 View Post
    New Guy...First Post

Just picked up a 1301 TT18C version. What did Beretta do to make this version now 922 compliant, all parts made State side ?
    Okay disregard...I have the answers I needed. Started reading from post#1 and just had to wait for my first post to show up.

Charging handles are FINALLY back from finishing! They'll be ready in the next day or two, I was too excited and had to share lol. I've been looking at the parkerized prototype for so long that the black nitride is absolutely glorious.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    At last!

That makes the Aridus unit the preferred option for those who want a single-piece charging handle. It will have enough size and texture to allow for proper purchase, but will also be lower profile than the UK based charging handle. The UK produced handle is a good piece of gear, but it sticks out more than I would prefer on a defensive shotgun vs. a competition shotgun. In typical competition use things like slings aren't a concern, but they are in the real world defensive use of the 1301T.

I'll be buying two for my guns.
    3/15/2016

I just got my hands on the S&J tube extension. Since a lot of attention was given to weight due to being steel, here's some comparisons.

S&J
    Name:  SJ 1301.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  24.8 KB

Nordic
    Name:  Nordic 1301.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  24.2 KB

The S&J is basically double the weight. How much weight is that actually? Here's a round of 8 pellet Flight Control. So the extra weight is ALMOST that of 2 rounds.
    Name:  Flight Control.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  25.0 KB

There are a couple of areas where the steel on the S&J is thicker than the aluminum on the Noric- I'm curious if weight could be shaved off, though I'm not sure how much it would be. It's a little bit of an apples and oranges comparison being steel vs aluminum, so I decided to see how the S&J compared to my Vang Comp 590 +2 extension, which is also a one piece steel unit.

Vang Comp
    Name:  VC 590.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  23.6 KB

The VC has additional sling hardware, so comparing it to the S&J with the sling hardware it comes with...
    Name:  SJ 1301 Full.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  25.7 KB

The S&J is a little lighter than the Vang Comp... what's interesting is comparing the weights to the lengths... (S&J on the left, VC on the right). So the S&J is longer but lighter.
    Name:  SJ VC Length.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  27.3 KB

There was some posted concern about steel threads of the extension interfacing with the aluminum threads of the 1301's mag tube. I think it COULD be more of a concern if the threads were limited (like what you see on an 870) but there's a LOT of threads and thread engagement on the 1301. I didn't take measurements, but there is less play in the threads of the S&J than there is with the Nordic... I can't imagine it making a difference in performance, but it was enough for me to notice. It's a pretty nice piece, especially for the price. I think you can only get the 1301T Nordic tube as a kit, which bumps the price up (which makes sense when you start to factor in the barrel clamp.) The clamp might be important to some people, but on tubes that are flush with the barrel I never bother with them unless the extension is prone to unscrewing. Your mileage may vary on that one.

I put the S&J on my test gun so I'll get some rounds through it. It is a little heavier, so if you're looking to shave every ounce then it is not be the best choice. Shooting my 590 I've never thought to myself "man is this thing front heavy" due to the extension, so I'd be surprised if it's really that noticeable in use. Guess we'll see! I imagine there are people out there that have a strong preference toward one piece steel extensions, so this is a nice option to have for a 1301. Overall, I think the S&J and the Nordic will perform equally well and 90% of people wouldn't notice much of a difference between the two. Want lightest weight possible? Go with Nordic. Want one piece steel? Go with S&J. Just want the extra rounds? Flip a coin.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Charging handles are FINALLY back from finishing! They'll be ready in the next day or two, I was too excited and had to share lol. I've been looking at the parkerized prototype for so long that the black nitride is absolutely glorious.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Post a link, it's Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Post a link, it's Friday!
    Please, take our money!
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Please, take our money!
    They are on the site now. Get them while they last.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...arging-handle/

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Please, take our money!

They're live!

Two less now, TY much Adam as one's going to a DUSM friend for his work gun.

User Tag List