Page 490 of 678 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 6772

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolcraigster26 View Post
    Yes I agree. If it was not supposed to be there Beretta would have never put it there. Use the GG&G stock adapter. It is built with the recoil buffer like the OEM.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Before I removed the factory Kick-Off stock from my Comp Pro, I messaged @e_stern (Beretta Product Manager) and he stated the gun would be fine with the Aridus stock adapter. I actually bought my Aridus adapter from the Beretta store.

Between the Beretta Product Manager, TCinvA, and Ernest Langdon, I think we would know if there was an issue after removing the recoil buffer. If you read enough of Ernest Langdon's posts, it's apparent that Beretta is a very conservative company. If the Beretta Engineers though removing the buffer was an issue, Beretta wouldn't be selling Langdon Tactical pallets of 1301s to convert.

That being said, I also have a stock 1301 Comp, and there is a definite "tone" difference when sharply hand cycling the bolt. I've never noticed it when shooting, but I wasn't ever listening for it. The bolt moves back slightly more on the gun with the Aridus stock.

Below is TCinVA's response the last time this question came up, in post 4678 of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    So for context:

I bought my first 1301 in 2016 about April. I added the Aridus adapter about 1.5 years later. In that time the gun has been through all of my classes (usually used as a loaner) and some other classes I've taken from others. That is in addition to my own personal practice which, until the ammo crunch, was fairly constant. Just in my own practice time I've fired just over 4,000 shells through this gun...not counting what it's seen as a loaner.

I talked with knowledgeable folks about the lack of the factory buffer when the Aridus adapter was gaining in popularity and I was assured it wouldn't be a cause for concern.

My use has born that out:

Attachment 78466Attachment 78467Attachment 78468

The receiver itself has finish wear, as you can see, but no real damage. Keep in mind that the buffer back there is not the primary device for decelerating the bolt....the recoil spring and the action of cocking the hammer are what accomplish that. The gun isn't beating itself to death without the buffer present.

The bolt shows a little finish wear on the rear face, but as you can see it's no more than is visible from the rails that run inside the recesses cut into the receiver.

I have no worries anything is going to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have the Aridus, and bought the GGG in a panic buy after reading about the lack of a bolt buffer. However, I didn't see significant wear in my Gen2 1301 with the Aridus adaptor. And, the distance from grip to trigger was significantly greater with the GGG, which doesn't work well for me. If it had the same ergos, I might go with GGG because of the buffer, but I'm sticking with Aridus.
    CF now you got me wondering if the GG&G would work better for me because of my long fingers. I kinda want to try it out. Want to trade my Aridus adaptor for your GG&G?

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    CF now you got me wondering if the GG&G would work better for me because of my long fingers. I kinda want to try it out. Want to trade my Aridus adaptor for your GG&G?
    Just a reminder that the GG&G comes in Mossberg *and* Remington flavors, and the Remington SGA stock has a much more pronounced angle that might fit your hand better.

Name:  Beretta-1301-Stock-Adapters-For-Magpul-SGA-Stocks.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  13.5 KB

She broke 1000 rounds today. Bought it brand new. Took it apart wiped all the factory oil off. Lubed with a few drops of Gunfighter Oil and reassembled with the Aridus and Magpul components. That’s it, haven’t so much as ran a gloved finger in the chamber, nothin and not a single hiccup. Ammo was everything from full power slugs to cheap Wally World target garbage.
    LOVE IT!
    Name:  27B61758-7D0B-441F-8F8E-90021073AACB.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  43.1 KBName:  A7C5C84E-D94C-4448-B702-65E90A03D296.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  58.4 KBName:  D41A72F5-F1DC-4632-B214-C0DF5CEFE118.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  69.6 KB

I like to imagine your cat's expression is pure "Uh, remember me being picky about my food? We're good."

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    I like to imagine your cat's expression is pure "Uh, remember me being picky about my food? We're good."
    LMAO but probably more like, as soon as I figure out how to load that you’re fucked!

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    LMAO but probably more like, as soon as I figure out how to load that you’re fucked!
    "Obey me or I will shit in the chamber and fire it into your pillow"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    Before I removed the factory Kick-Off stock from my Comp Pro, I messaged @e_stern (Beretta Product Manager) and he stated the gun would be fine with the Aridus stock adapter. I actually bought my Aridus adapter from the Beretta store.

Between the Beretta Product Manager, TCinvA, and Ernest Langdon, I think we would know if there was an issue after removing the recoil buffer. If you read enough of Ernest Langdon's posts, it's apparent that Beretta is a very conservative company. If the Beretta Engineers though removing the buffer was an issue, Beretta wouldn't be selling Langdon Tactical pallets of 1301s to convert.

That being said, I also have a stock 1301 Comp, and there is a definite "tone" difference when sharply hand cycling the bolt. I've never noticed it when shooting, but I wasn't ever listening for it. The bolt moves back slightly more on the gun with the Aridus stock.

Below is TCinVA's response the last time this question came up, in post 4678 of this thread:
    For future reference @e_stern is now with FN.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Can someone verify which choke tube the Gen 2s come with?
    Mine showed up last week with CYL and IMPCYL, and I only expected one choke.

ETA: I might have a spare choke or two between these and my Xtreama and I just bought some Brileys.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    For future reference @e_stern is now with FN.

Wow, I missed that at some point. I went and looked at his instagram and saw his post. What an absolute loss for Beretta. Seems like the type of guy who will kickass anywhere. Maybe we'll see FN doing some cool stuff.

User Tag List