Page 471 of 679 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've just received the stock adapter from GG&G. I also ordered the Magpul SGA loop sling adapter from Midwayusa. Unfortunately, the SGA loop sling adapter does not work with the GG&G adapter. I wanted to make you all aware before making that purchase.

GG&G doesn't say anywhere that the SGA sling adapter will work. So, I don't put any blame on GG&G. I do have the GG&G rear QD attachment on my 1301 currently. GG&G does not mention if that will work in conjunction with their stock adapter either. I'll keep you all informed later when I get everything installed.

I don't know if the SGA sling loop will work for the Mossberg GG&G kit, but I suspect not.

"Follow me!"

Aaaaaaaand they're gone.
    That sucks. I ordered one from the uk the other day and then I had beretta back in stock email pop up today so I bought one there too. It’s ok the one from the uk came out to $105 all said and done so only $15 more then the state side one.

Damn, too slow on the lifter. I never got an email either.

GG&G Remington SGA Stock Adapter & GG&G Receiver Sling Attachment

Hello Everyone,

Here's the finished result.

TLDR: The Remington SGA stock is really close to what the factory Beretta stock is like; a bit thinner grip, a bit less "cup" at the bottom of the grip, and about the same length out of box.

Current Parts:
    Briley extended IC choke
    GG&G Beretta 1301 Light mount w/ sling loop
    GG&G 1" picatinny flashlight mount
    GG&G magazine follower
    Briley Standard Length Charging Handle
    Sig Romeo 5 Red Dot Sight
    Beretta Comp Pro Style 3" lifter
    GG&G Receiver QD Sling Attachment
    GG&G Remington Magpul SGA adapter
    GG&G Remington Magpul SGA Stock (Out of Box length, shortest)
    Magpul Low Cheek Piece Riser kit (.50")
    Magpul MS3 (single point adapter removed for now)

Stock hand and finger placement compared (Mechanix Size M - US Size 9)

Beretta Stock

Remington SGA Stock

Stocks Compared

Other Measurements

OAL (Picture does not include the extended choke length, this is from the factory muzzle.)

Lowest point of the trigger

Center of Safety button

Before and After .50" Riser

Instructions

Final Thoughts

A very minor improvement overall. I would not rank the Remington SGA adapter as a "must have". The practical use case for me is that it's American made, allows for a higher cheek riser to better match my red dot, and that's about it. I can see this being beneficial for those who enjoy the traditional swooping shotgun grip angle but also want a cool stock or 922r compliance. I cannot feel a tangible difference in the distance either the length of pull or the distance of the trigger. I know the stock is about .5" shorter and if I were to guess I would say the trigger pull might feel a bit longer, but that all depends on where your hands rest on the grip.

The Mossberg SGA stock will probably make more of a difference in feel due to the increased vertical angle of that style. I cannot say for sure because A) I've never held a Mossberg equipped 1301 B) The GG&G adapter looks like it's designed differently and may differ from both the Remington adapter and the Aridus adapter.

The installation was pain free aside from removing the bolt from the receiver. Do yourself a favor and use a heat gun before attempting to remove. The parts all feel of good quality and fit well, although there's a tiny bit of left-right movement until the hex bolt is tightened. I don't mean it doesn't fit well, I mean that it's not precision cut to fit exactly snug to the back of the receiver. The GG&G rear sling mount not only works with this adapter, but is specifically mentioned that it can be used in-conjunction with or without the SGA adapter in the instructions. After installation this stock is rock solid and is not going anywhere.

Lastly, as a PSA..... Please remove the factory Beretta T15 Torx screws which hold the rail and the rear sight to the receiver, apply loctite blue or your choice of locker, and re-torque them. I have somewhere around 300 shells through this gun, about half with the red dot. Both screws on the rail were about to fall out and the rear sight screws were also loose. I only noticed because I was function checking the weapon and jiggled the crap out of the red dot and felt a tiny amount of movement.

I've seen this complaint before. I just thought my Gen 2 was built special and Beretta would have learned to secure their rail screws by the 2nd go around.

Thanks!
    Last edited by trajiiic; 10-19-2021 at 12:55 AM.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Farstriker View Post
    That sucks. I ordered one from the uk the other day and then I had beretta back in stock email pop up today so I bought one there too. It’s ok the one from the uk came out to $105 all said and done so only $15 more then the state side one.
    I happen to have the Beretta Pro lifter already. I got the fist batch from their webpage because I happened to be there checking on 92 series parts before anyone knew about them. It's a shame it's not more available because it really has been one of the more impactful mods. I'm not a competition speed loader or even a shotgun expert, but it makes the simple job of loading much easier. Does make ghost loading a bit harder though.
    "Follow me!"

Hello Everyone,

Here's the finished result.

TLDR: The Remington SGA stock is really close to what the factory Beretta stock is like; a bit thinner grip, a bit less "cup" at the bottom of the grip, and about the same length out of box.
    Exceptional information - thank you! I hadn’t considered that you’d get more traditional wrist geometry with the Remington version of the stock.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Remington SGA Stock

That arm angle might work if you're shooting from the hip. Now get someone to take some photos with the gun actually mounted.

For me, one of the best benefits of the Magpul Mossie stock is the change in grip angle. With long arms (about 80 inches wingspan, social digit to social digit), the shorter length of pull that's preferred in a squared-up stance puts a greater bend in my elbow, thus rotating my hand backward. Takes a really awkward bend in my wrist with the OE buttstock, or I just don't actually have that great a grip on the stock's wrist. The Magpul Mossberg stock makes it better, giving a more natural grip with more complete contact.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I've tried to spend my money at Aridus for two freakin' years! I'm glad to have other options since there's no realistic time frame for them to get caught up. The GG&G adapter might or might not look as nice but I'll take a homely adapter on my gun next week vs a sweet looking adapter I might score from a scalper in 2023.
    ^^^ This right here^^^ 👍

Im sure this has been posted before but if it's buried deep within this thread then I guess it doesn't hurt to update it again lol. Carrier Comp Benelli m4 922r Compliant (US made stamped) follower.

Factory 1301 Tactical follower, really nothing wrong with it.

Carrier Comp Benelli m4 Enhanced 922r Compliant US stamped follower.

Factory 1301 Tactical follower versus Carrier Comp Benelli m4 Enhanced follower.

Carrier Comp Enhanced follower installed.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    For me, one of the best benefits of the Magpul Mossie stock is the change in grip angle. With long arms (about 80 inches wingspan, social digit to social digit), the shorter length of pull that's preferred in a squared-up stance puts a greater bend in my elbow, thus rotating my hand backward. Takes a really awkward bend in my wrist with the OE buttstock, or I just don't actually have that great a grip on the stock's wrist. The Magpul Mossberg stock makes it better, giving a more natural grip with more complete contact.
    Agreed 100%. A more comfortable wrist angle is the primary reason I prefer the Magpul stock. Otherwise it isn't a huge difference from OE.

User Tag List