Page 421 of 678 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I guess trying to find the Aridus handguard is still cheaper than playing the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I guess trying to find the Aridus handguard is still cheaper than playing the lottery.
    You might have better luck winning the lottery though

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Honestly, after waiting and failures of their notification system to alert on in stock products…and the owner’s general attitude, I went with the Briley handguard. I am very happy with it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    Honestly, after waiting and failures of their notification system to alert on in stock products…and the owner’s general attitude, I went with the Briley handguard. I am very happy with it so far.

The Briley is an expensive way to 922r compliance, which is the reason I’d want it. How much additional weight does it add?

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Not all that much compared to a zhukov. It’s about 14 oz. the zhukov with AL hardware is almost 16 oz. The parts aridus swaps may remove some of that, but I don’t know how much since they have to add adaptors to it.

I looked at like this. The aridus part is now a $400-500 part because the company has made zero effort to stop the scalping (product limits, backorders, etc). So as of right now, the Briley is the cheaper part.

Quote Originally Posted by elsquid View Post
    A customized 1301 was one of the cool guy guns in the latest Chris Pratt SciFi summer blockbuster movie, so I’d expect this to have an impact on shotgun and parts sales going forward…

Attachment 74451

Shotgun details:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ3-Urvr9Qe/

— Michael
    All I can see is that chicken wing arm.
    "Follow me!"

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The aridus part is now a $400-500 part because the company has made zero effort to stop the scalping (product limits, backorders, etc).
    I'll take issue with that.

The company has taken great efforts to try and deal with demand exceeding supply, including spending truly stunning amounts of money to increase production capacity. Orders are getting filled as fast as possible and expansion is underway to get as much production as possible. And all of that has had to happen around the enormous supply chain consequences of COVID, let's not forget, causing supply issues for practically every industry and every large corporation in the world. Much moreso for small businesses.

There is absolutely no way the one man shop manufacturing these products can pay the proper attention necessary to the manufacture of the parts, the expansion of the business, source the requisite materials, program and maintain the machines, install the new machines he's bringing online, AND spend Lord knows how many hours a day trying to take some sort of action against people on Ebay selling the one they bought for $500 bucks...not that he has any ability to do anything about it in the first place as it's their property to do with as they will.

Scalpers are not buying these items a couple of dozen at a time from Aridus and reselling them on Ebay. Volume purchasers are going to be outfits like Brownells, Langdon Tactical, Beretta, etc...and those were all contracts and orders made prior to the world going insane.

The 1301 itself is in such high demand that one of the largest firearms companies in the world with a global manufacturing empire can't keep up with demand due to market conditions.

People are rediscovering the utility of a defensive shotgun and there are a few crazy dudes out there who know a little bit about defensive shotguns telling people that the 1301 is the closest thing to a Glock 19 you are going to find for a shotgun and it's apparently gotten noticed. I know of four decent sized police departments in the process of buying 1301T shotguns because they want to replace their 870's but Remington is still fucked so they're using the opportunity to upgrade.

I've got about half a dozen people a week asking me to point them towards the best deal on a 1301 because they've just now decided they'd like to get into one after having heard me and others discuss them for literally years. Beretta isn't sitting around twiddling their thumbs...they're confronted with global supply and production issues that they are trying to navigate to get product on the shelves in circumstances where somebody who can't drive a boat can set back global shipping for months.

So throw rocks if you want, but it's about as sensible as complaining that Aridus hasn't worked out cold fusion or a cure for cancer yet.
    3/15/2016

Not all that much compared to a zhukov. It’s about 14 oz. the zhukov with AL hardware is almost 16 oz. The parts aridus swaps may remove some of that, but I don’t know how much since they have to add adaptors to it.
    You have any issues with the exhaust gasses?

(please note, the 1301 Tactical has a shortened gas system and will bleed gas through the M-Lok slots.)..............from the Briley website.

So. Much. This.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

The company has taken great efforts to try and deal with demand exceeding supply, including spending truly stunning amounts of money to increase production capacity. Orders are getting filled as fast as possible and expansion is underway to get as much production as possible. And all of that has had to happen around the enormous supply chain consequences of COVID, let's not forget, causing supply issues for practically every industry and every large corporation in the world. Much moreso for small businesses.

There is absolutely no way the one man shop manufacturing these products can pay the proper attention necessary to the manufacture of the parts, the expansion of the business, source the requisite materials, program and maintain the machines, install the new machines he's bringing online, AND spend Lord knows how many hours a day trying to take some sort of action against people on Ebay selling the one they bought for $500 bucks...not that he has any ability to do anything about it in the first place as it's their property to do with as they will.

Scalpers are not buying these items a couple of dozen at a time from Aridus and reselling them on Ebay. Volume purchasers are going to be outfits like Brownells, Langdon Tactical, Beretta, etc...and those were all contracts and orders made prior to the world going insane.

The 1301 itself is in such high demand that one of the largest firearms companies in the world with a global manufacturing empire can't keep up with demand due to market conditions.

People are rediscovering the utility of a defensive shotgun and there are a few crazy dudes out there who know a little bit about defensive shotguns telling people that the 1301 is the closest thing to a Glock 19 you are going to find for a shotgun and it's apparently gotten noticed. I know of four decent sized police departments in the process of buying 1301T shotguns because they want to replace their 870's but Remington is still fucked so they're using the opportunity to upgrade.

I've got about half a dozen people a week asking me to point them towards the best deal on a 1301 because they've just now decided they'd like to get into one after having heard me and others discuss them for literally years. Beretta isn't sitting around twiddling their thumbs...they're confronted with global supply and production issues that they are trying to navigate to get product on the shelves in circumstances where somebody who can't drive a boat can set back global shipping for months.

So throw rocks if you want, but it's about as sensible as complaining that Aridus hasn't worked out cold fusion or a cure for cancer yet.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

I’m still surprised they haven’t entered into a licensing deal with Beretta.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List